Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The future of college baseball

Default Re: The future of college baseball

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Well i can tell you this…when you cant appeal to a base umpire on a check swing bc that umpire is in the middle of the field like a coach pitch league game…that isnt good. Overall the umpiring in the conference is bad. Like BAD. Terrible way to save a few dollars
    Good point, but how many times does that happen in a game. And actually you still can. But it isnt like Home has no idea what happened and are seeking help out of the blue. He has made a decision and defense is seeking to over rule that decision.

Meanwhile, isnt there an umpire shortage (all sport/level official shortage)?
    so A. Are there enough?
    and B. if you think bad now would adding 6 or 7 umps to the college level that otherwise wouldnt be there a good idea?
    and c. the aforementioned lack of reps behind the plate, nothing like being rusty heading in to tournament time.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Yeah, if this league is too cheap for a 4th ump, I can't see them voting for 35 full scholarships.
    Doug Gillian approves this message.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Hell no. This is devastating. It means the P5 schools will be able to scoop up more athletes for themselves.
    VO has been saying this for years. The minute baseball and softball can offer full scholarships to the entire roster limit. It’s over for non-P5 programs.

4. Default Re: The future of college baseball

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    VO has been saying this for years. The minute baseball and softball can offer full scholarships to the entire roster limit. It’s over for non-P5 programs.

Does it really matter where the money comes from?

Doesn’t availability of NIL money basically allow for the same result now?

There is still only 9 people playing at a time for 95% of the season, these kids want to play.look at the amount of transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Caviar View Post
    Does it really matter where the money comes from?

Doesn’t availability of NIL money basically allow for the same result now?
    It does; but the only publicized case of extensive NIL programs that I have seen so far for non-headcount sports is for Arkansas Softball.

7. Default Re: The future of college baseball

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    It does; but the only publicized case of extensive NIL programs that I have seen so far for non-headcount sports is for Arkansas Softball.
    I know an early enrolled freshman QB at LSU who is driving a fully loaded Raptor.

I’m sure the Ark St one you mention got lots of publicity because every player got something. While there might not be much across the board NIL, I’m sure that pretty much all of the major schools have NIL lined up for players that is probably much more than scholarship.

I know an early enrolled freshman QB at LSU who is driving a fully loaded Raptor.

I’m sure the Ark St one you mention got lots of publicity because every player got something. While there might not be much across the board NIL, I’m sure that pretty much all of the major schools have NIL lined up for players that is probably much more than scholarship.
    Not Arkansas State; the University of Arkansas. Not football or basketball, but softball, a sport with 12 total scholarsnips for 27 players. I have not heard of NIL deals anwhere else for a "minor" sport that are anyehere close to this.

9. Default Re: The future of college baseball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Hell no. This is devastating. It means the P5 schools will be able to scoop up more athletes for themselves.
    Not true, its all open-straw recruiting.

It doesn’t matter if its
    (a) Portal
    (b) NIL
    (c) Full Scholarships

Every time they suck someone new in one end of the straw, they spit some high potential athlete out the other end.

The net result is never ending recruiting but overall zero change.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Not true, its all open-straw recruiting.

It doesn’t matter if its
    (a) Portal
    (b) NIL
    (c) Full Scholarships

Every time they suck someone new in one end of the straw, they spit some high potential athlete out the other end.

The net result is never ending recruiting but overall zero change.
    Give and Receive?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Maggard was privy and ahead of all of us.

We’re a football / baseball school. Good times ahead.
    The SBC is obviously ahead of all this as well. SBC will be the top G5 in football and a P5 baseball conference.

I think we land on our feet. We will still have one of the top college ballparks in the south, rabid fan support and a strong athletic department. We fixed the video steaming dropped ball. We still need to fix concessions though.

NIL gets exposed for what it really is.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DraftExpr.65836881723392

havent they always?

Imagine getting more from NIL than a former number one overall pick may have gotten for his entire nfl career, yay refineryville.

p.s. wasnt there a time when early enrollees were supposed topay their own way for first semester? how long did that last, ha. where are the cancelled checks at registrars office, ha.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information