Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I missed this.

UL Baseball I missed this.

Dallas Baptist is leaving the MVC to join CUSA as a baseball only member. Once the teams leave for the AAC, they'll have Tech, Liberty, DBU, MT (who is pretty good this year.)

That isn't bad. Not SBC good, but not bad.

2. Default Re: I missed this.

Not sure if I understand the purpose of this, currently the MVC is #5 RPI conference, CUSA is #7 and that is before the loss of USM and ODU who are both Top 70 RPI teams. Liberty coming in helps replace ODU and I guess DBU replaces USM. I wonder if the long term goal to get DBU in as a full member to help Basketball I know that their basketball team is decent, but they do not play football.

Default Re: I missed this.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Dallas Baptist is leaving the MVC to join CUSA as a baseball only member. Once the teams leave for the AAC, they'll have Tech, Liberty, DBU, MT (who is pretty good this year.)

That isn't bad. Not SBC good, but not bad.
    Good move for a baseball preceptive.the eastern members will love another school in Texas LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Not sure if I understand the purpose of this, currently the MVC is #5 RPI conference, CUSA is #7 and that is before the loss of USM and ODU who are both Top 70 RPI teams. Liberty coming in helps replace ODU and I guess DBU replaces USM. I wonder if the long term goal to get DBU in as a full member to help Basketball I know that their basketball team is decent, but they do not play football.
    The ONLY reason the MVC has a rating isDallas Baptist. They have no other teams in the top 70 of the RPI and they wouldn't be that high if it weren't for the fact they playDallas Baptist.

And, baseball is the only D-1 sport that DBU plays. Everything else is D-2. No plans to move up.

5. Default Re: I missed this.

Hard to keep up with the CUSA but this is what it will look like if I am correct with current baseball RPI next to it:

2 DBU (Baseball only)
    42 Liberty
    48 Middle
    50 La Tech
    116 Sam Houston State
    149 Jacksonville State
    206 FIU
    225 Western Kentucky
    244 NMSU
    N/A UTEP (Does not play Baseball)

Is that correct?

Compared to the SBC Future

4 Georgia Southern
    10 USM
    41 Louisiana
    45 Texas State
    57 Georgia State
    62 Old Dominion
    64 South Alabama
    65 Coastal
    90 Troy
    101 James Madison
    126 App
    154 ULM
    196 Marshall
    211 Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Good move for a baseball preceptive.the eastern members will love another school in Texas LOL
    Judy working OT.

7. Default Re: I missed this.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    The ONLY reason the MVC has a rating isDallas Baptist. They have no other teams in the top 70 of the RPI and they wouldn't be that high if it weren't for the fact they playDallas Baptist.

And, baseball is the only D-1 sport that DBU plays. Everything else is D-2. No plans to move up.
    Makes sense.

Hard to keep up with the CUSA but this is what it will look like if I am correct with current baseball RPI next to it:

2 DBU (Baseball only)
    42 Liberty
    48 Middle
    50 La Tech
    116 Sam Houston State
    149 Jacksonville State
    206 FIU
    225 Western Kentucky
    244 NMSU
    N/A UTEP (Does not play Baseball)

Is that correct?

Compared to the SBC Future

4 Georgia Southern
    10 USM
    41 Louisiana
    45 Texas State
    57 Georgia State
    62 Old Dominion
    64 South Alabama
    65 Coastal
    90 Troy
    101 James Madison
    126 App
    154 ULM
    196 Marshall
    211 Arkansas State
    Isn’t Sam Houston in the WAC now?

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Isn’t Sam Houston in the WAC now?
    They are. But they are heading to CUSA in 2023-24

Good for C-USA and all but this just shows how far they’ve fallen. This is definitely not something they would have ever considered prior to realignment.

DBU is an interesting case study in a school deciding to quite literally only care about one sport. It seems to be paying off for them. It wouldn’t surprise me to see more of this in the future.

NEWS: Houston, Cincinnati, and UCF are all planning to join the Big 12 for the 23-24 academic

Cusa team will probably join AAC in the same time frame.

12. Default Re: I missed this.

Just noticed DBU is 5-4 in the MVC. They have 2 losses to Bradley and 2 losses to southern Illinois. Not exactly powerhouses

Just noticed DBU is 5-4 in the MVC. They have 2 losses to Bradley and 2 losses to southern Illinois. Not exactly powerhouses
    They also swept southern miss

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Good for C-USA and all but this just shows how far they’ve fallen. This is definitely not something they would have ever considered prior to realignment.

DBU is an interesting case study in a school deciding to quite literally only care about one sport. It seems to be paying off for them. It wouldn’t surprise me to see more of this in the future.
    Maybe the ncaa could make scholarship limits cumulative, so schools could decide which sport to put them on.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Maybe the ncaa could make scholarship limits cumulative, so schools could decide which sport to put them on.
    I like this idea

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information