Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: BB G2: Louisiana 6, Georgia State 3

Default Re: BB G2: Louisiana 6, Georgia State 3

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Where was Memphis in RPI?
    No bueno.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Haven’t we won every conference series since Troy?

This team is doing well in conference series’ (except the first), but it isn’t always pretty. There isn’t a pitcher I have supreme confidence in and outside of Rocco, same for hitting. They are doing just enough to pull out series wins.
    There is no Leger or Spaghetti on this staff and no D-Mo on the back end but they are getting it done the last few weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    There is no Leger or Spaghetti on this staff and no D-Mo on the back end but they are getting it done the last few weekends.
    We are 3rd in a 3 bid conference getting it done with no established D1 starters and an average (on our best day) offense.

Deggs will have the last laugh.

Free base runners given up by the pitching staff will make or break this team the rest of the way. I think the offense will do enough to win most games. The team speed is our biggest weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    We are 3rd in a 3 bid conference getting it done with no established D1 starters and an average (on our best day) offense.

Deggs will have the last laugh.
    JD, do you think the belt gets three teams in?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    JD you think the belt gets three teams in?
    BA has GA Southern projected to host. TX State is projected as a 2 seed. The odds of one winning the tournament are less than 50%, in my view.

Free base runners given up by the pitching staff will make or break this team the rest of the way. I think the offense will do enough to win most games. The team speed is our biggest weapon.
    I like this opinion. Stated another way, our hitting is not good enough, on most days, to overcome above average walk rates our pitching may give up.

And yet our pitching is 2nd or 3rd nearly every Sun Belt statistical catagory. It's college baseball, which is not always pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I like this opinion. Stated another way, our hitting is not good enough, on most days, to overcome above average walk rates our pitching may give up.
    We hit a decent amount of homeruns, it’s just that they are usually the solo variety.

The biggest problem with this team, well 2 biggest:

1. There’s no ace. Guys have stepped up and had good performances, but there’s nobody that can be counted on to give you 6 or 7 good innings every time out.

2. It’s basically a 6 man lineup on offense. If you want to count Debarge as a 7th guy, fine. Thankfully he’s been moved down in the order, which I think will be good for him…and the team. The rest of the roster, collectively, is hitting below .190 for the season with an atrocious strike out rate. So (with Debarge who’s hitting .239) you have two spots in the order that are nearly sure outs…and the majority of those sure outs are completely non-productive strike outs.

This team has been fairly successful considering those issues and the schedule they’ve faced. And I doubt I’m alone in saying that they are much more fun to watch than the teams over the last few years. And again, even with those issues, there haven’t been any games where I didn’t feel like they had a chance to win.

Hopefully they finish strong (barring injury I think they will) and the full story of this season will be much better than the perception of it has been throughout the year.

4 walks on the weekend. Giving us a chance to win

Default Re: BB G2: Louisiana vs Georgia State

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Why is Deggs in the dugout today?
    He was in the dugout Friday as well. Didn’t get to watch or listen today

Default Re: BB G2: Louisiana vs Georgia State

Quote Originally Posted by raginbeef View Post
    He was in the dugout Friday as well. Didn’t get to watch or listen today
    When we are in the 1st base dugout he usually stays in dugout

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    The biggest problem with this team, well 2 biggest:

1. There’s no ace. Guys have stepped up and had good performances, but there’s nobody that can be counted on to give you 6 or 7 good innings every time out.

2. It’s basically a 6 man lineup on offense. If you want to count Debarge as a 7th guy, fine. Thankfully he’s been moved down in the order, which I think will be good for him…and the team. The rest of the roster, collectively, is hitting below .190 for the season with an atrocious strike out rate. So (with Debarge who’s hitting .239) you have two spots in the order that are nearly sure outs…and the majority of those sure outs are completely non-productive strike outs.

This team has been fairly successful considering those issues and the schedule they’ve faced. And I doubt I’m alone in saying that they are much more fun to watch than the teams over the last few years. And again, even with those issues, there haven’t been any games where I didn’t feel like they had a chance to win.

Hopefully they finish strong (barring injury I think they will) and the full story of this season will be much better than the perception of it has been throughout the year.
    I believe we are witnessing their strong finish.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information