Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Softball Regional Projections 4/20/22

UL Softball Softball Regional Projections 4/20/22

D1 Softball projects the Cajuns as a 2 seed in Austin with Texas, Louisiana, Texas A&M and McNeese.

This is a winnable region for us. Only drawback is a likely pairing in the Supers with Alabama.

https://d1softball.com/d1softball-fi...ions-april-20/

Default Re: Softball Regional Projections 4/20/22

It appears that they have the SBC as a one bid league do you think we still get in if we don't win the tournament. Would we have to make the championship game or our resume is strong enough to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    It appears that they have the SBC as a one bid league do you think we still get in if we don't win the tournament. Would we have to make the championship game or our resume is strong enough to get in.
    I think it is still to early to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    D1 Softball projects the Cajuns as a 2 seed in Austin with Texas, Louisiana, Texas A&M and McNeese.

This is a winnable region for us. Only drawback is a likely pairing in the Supers with Alabama.

https://d1softball.com/d1softball-fi...ions-april-20/
    Texas beat Oklahoma. They will be higher than a 15 seed. More like 13.

UL Softball Re: Softball Regional Projections 4/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Top 40 rpi ranking, regular season conference champion of a top 10 rpi conference and 2-6 or 3-6 (need North Texas to get back in) versus top 50 rpi should be sufficient to get at large.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Top 40 rpi ranking, regular season conference champion of a top 10 rpi conference and 2-6 or 3-6 (need North Texas to get back in) versus top 50 rpi should be sufficient to get at large.
    Maybe. There is only one at large in this projection given to a non P5 conference member. That one is South Florida, RPI 40, 4-7 vs top 25, 3-1 vs 26-50.

Wichita State is not in the projection with RPI 41, 0-5 vs top 25, 4-5 vs 26-50.

Cajuns are currently RPI 34, 1-6 vs top 25, 3-0 vs 26-50.

UNT has a decent chance to get back in. they have 3 game series vs Kansas [89], UAB [65] and Marshall [80] remaining on their schedule. They also have a game against Tarleton State [163] but with a 26-17 record, so not an RPI killer.

D1 Softball projecting that USF would be the only at large outside of one of the major 5 conferences (feels weird calling them the P5 in diamond sports.) They have to make way for 12 of the 13 SEC teams to get in. Although the 13th team is on the first 4 out, so waiting to pounce if a USF, Wichita State or Charlotte slip up.

Just thinking with my heart, at this point I think the Cajuns have done enough if they don't win the tournament. Now they can't go 5-5 to close out the season then get bounced by a bad seed in the Tourney, but they are looking formidable right now. It feels like teams outside of the major conferences don't get the benefit of the "eye test" (not sure that even means anything in softball post season selection) but the Cajuns have played like a solid post season team since the UTA series.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    D1 Softball projecting that USF would be the only at large outside of one of the major 5 conferences (feels weird calling them the P5 in diamond sports.) They have to make way for 12 of the 13 SEC teams to get in. Although the 13th team is on the first 4 out, so waiting to pounce if a USF, Wichita State or Charlotte slip up.

Just thinking with my heart, at this point I think the Cajuns have done enough if they don't win the tournament. Now they can't go 5-5 to close out the season then get bounced by a bad seed in the Tourney, but they are looking formidable right now. It feels like teams outside of the major conferences don't get the benefit of the "eye test" (not sure that even means anything in softball post season selection) but the Cajuns have played like a solid post season team since the UTA series.
    Charlotte will not get in. They have a good RPI, but are 7-11 in CUSA. They have a strong non-conference record [1-3 vs top 25, 6-5 vs 26-50], but finishing 8th or so in CUSA kills them.

Maybe. There is only one at large in this projection given to a non P5 conference member. That one is South Florida, RPI 40, 4-7 vs top 25, 3-1 vs 26-50.

Wichita State is not in the projection with RPI 41, 0-5 vs top 25, 4-5 vs 26-50.

Cajuns are currently RPI 34, 1-6 vs top 25, 3-0 vs 26-50.

UNT has a decent chance to get back in. they have 3 game series vs Kansas [89], UAB [65] and Marshall [80] remaining on their schedule. They also have a game against Tarleton State [163] but with a 26-17 record, so not an RPI killer.
    Didn't Illinois and Indiana both make the Top 25 just before UL beat them? If so, that is 3 Top 25 wins on the road for UL. Should help our RPI and push to get back in the Top 25.

Do schools still have to submit “Bids” to host?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Didn't Illinois and Indiana both make the Top 25 just before UL beat them? If so, that is 3 Top 25 wins on the road for UL. Should help our RPI and push to get back in the Top 25.
    It's not about a top 25 ranking as voted in the polls. It's RPI top 50. Illinois was low 30's and Indiana was low 60s. Still, both are nice wins.

Charlotte will not get in. They have a good RPI, but are 7-11 in CUSA. They have a strong non-conference record [1-3 vs top 25, 6-5 vs 26-50], but finishing 8th or so in CUSA kills them.
    Ouch. I didn't realize they were so bad in conference. Again, not dumping on the SEC (yes I am) but I wish that worked both ways. You'll potentially get all the SEC teams in. Again. Some with winning percentages in conference below .250.

I know CUSA is not the SEC, but it sucks that a worthy team would get bumped for a team that benefits from stinking at a good schedule.

Liberty is another team that may be on alert if they lose the A Sun tournament. You could just see them getting bumped by like a Cal or something.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Neither of those programs had a top 25 RPI. Illinois, though in the top 25 polls, had an RPI around 35. Indiana was in the mid 60's. For a bit of irony, Illinois got a small RPI boost for losing to us.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Do schools still have to submit “Bids” to host?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Ouch. I didn't realize they were so bad in conference. Again, not dumping on the SEC (yes I am) but I wish that worked both ways. You'll potentially get all the SEC teams in. Again. Some with winning percentages in conference below .250.

I know CUSA is not the SEC, but it sucks that a worthy team would get bumped for a team that benefits from stinking at a good schedule.

Liberty is another team that may be on alert if they lose the A Sun tournament. You could just see them getting bumped by like a Cal or something.
    Liberty is RPI 42 with a 2-7 record vs top 25 and 1-4 vs 26-50. So slightly worse RPI than us and slightly better record against top 50 [only because of more games, our % is better]. Wichita State is the one getting shafted the worst right now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information