Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NFL Draft

Default Re: 2022 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by raginbeef View Post
    Correct. I’m talking about the pick we would’ve received for Siemian next year if we had waited a few more days to sign Dalton. We would not have traded for Dalton with a 3rd round pick straight up, yet that’s essentially what we did
    While, once again, I see your point in waiting as well as the point in not waiting. But I think T is correct on his assessment. Neither Simien, nor Dalton will rate a pick if they do what their perspective teams hope they do, which is clipboard holder.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Deebo Samuel has requested a trade from the 49ers. Do we think he would be a good fit for the Saints?
    Samuel would be a good fit for any team if it was free to get him. The amount of draft capital combined with the salary he is going to command doesn't fit the Saints though. They will be able to get a very capable wide out in this draft & maybe get him in the 2nd round. The Saints need to keep every pick, or possibly even trade down with their 2nd 1st round pick should one of these QBs slide down the board enough to get a trade with a QB needy team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Samuel would be a good fit for any team if it was free to get him. The amount of draft capital combined with the salary he is going to command doesn't fit the Saints though. They will be able to get a very capable wide out in this draft & maybe get him in the 2nd round. The Saints need to keep every pick, or possibly even trade down with their 2nd 1st round pick should one of these QBs slide down the board enough to get a trade with a QB needy team.
    I assume you're talking about Olave? I think Olave will be an easy get for the Saints and I think he fits the team well. I don't think we need to trade down for a QB (we already have Winston and Dalton), but if we try to, I don't think we should expect to get Pickett or Willis unless we trade down before the Panthers pick. That would mean we would have a pick in the Top 5, and those teams in the Top 5 are the most desperate to get good players, so I highly doubt they are willing to get rid of a pick. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    I assume you're talking about Olave? I think Olave will be an easy get for the Saints and I think he fits the team well. I don't think we need to trade down for a QB (we already have Winston and Dalton), but if we try to, I don't think we should expect to get Pickett or Willis unless we trade down before the Panthers pick. That would mean we would have a pick in the Top 5, and those teams in the Top 5 are the most desperate to get good players, so I highly doubt they are willing to get rid of a pick. JMO
    I wasn't saying we would trade up to get a QB, but rather trade down with a Detroit, or Seattle if they are too obstinate to pick a QB with their first pick. Any team who needs a QB & won't go after what's there in the top of round one won't have a top four QB come their second pick. So they will have to trade up to assure themselves of a QB.

5. Default ESPN 1420 2022 New Orleans Saints Draft Picks

A complete rundown of the New Orleans Saints 2022 draft selections.

Homes SO Clean

And no QB by Atlanta or Seattle .

What do I win ?

7. Default Re: 2022 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    And no QB by Atlanta or Seattle .

What do I win ?
    Are trying to get Kyle’s fuse lit. He’s still waiting for Saban to retire.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Are trying to get Kyle’s fuse lit. He’s still waiting for Saban to retire.
    Saban will retire and join ESPN Game Day…

The QBs in this draft were just not good enough to go top 10 no matter what the needs were/are for those teams.

You NEVER EVER draft need in the draft .

Free agency is where you go need . The Draft you go BPA

I bet neither ATL or Seattle do not draft QB in 1st round.

I do own a vehicle
    And now we down to pick 20 and no QBs yet

But I think Pitt is about to change that

The Saints appear to gave drafted a couple of future starters, fills needs.

12. Default Re: 2022 NFL Draft

I wanted Olave that was a strong pick. Many people were real high on Penning at tackle. Two really good picks. Gave up allot of draft capital to get Olave but you got the guy you wanted.

13. Default Re: 2022 NFL Draft

Steelers take a QB kenny pickett

And now we down to pick 20 and no QBs yet

But I think Pitt is about to change that
    There it is
    Got the position right but I’m surprised I was not Willis

15. Default Re: 2022 NFL Draft

There it is
    Got the position right but I’m surprised I was not Willis