Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: 2022 NFL Draft

Default Re: 2022 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    You can take a flyer on Christian Watson in the second or third round. Would still prefer Wilson in the 1st regardless
    I would prefer a healthy Williams, but neither will likely be there when the Saints pick if you listen to the so-called experts. I would take Watson or Moore, but one if them or both could sneak into the back end of the 1st Round.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I would prefer a healthy Williams, but neither will likely be there when the Saints pick if you listen to the so-called experts. I would take Watson or Moore, but one if them or both could sneak into the back end of the 1st Round.
    The so called experts are all over the place. They have listened to so much disinformation & made up so many of their own narratives there is nothing left but mass confusion. One for instance is Travon Walker. I have seen mock drafts with him going anywhere from the first pick to the 30th pick of the 1st round.

Anyone who thinks the Falcons & the Seahawks are going to go to their fans with Locke, or Mariota at QB & ask them to buy tickets doesn't even own their own car much less a billion dollar business. There is no way the Falcons & Seahawks don't draft a QB in this draft.

I bet neither ATL or Seattle do not draft QB in 1st round.

I do own a vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by raginbeef View Post
    If Andy Dalton is the big splash of our free agency, there’s a problem. We’ve done next to nothing to improve our team. And signing Dalton too early meant we lost the compensatory 3rd round pick we would’ve gotten from Siemian. We could’ve waited a few more days and kept that pick. Not much to be excited about so far
    Free agency isn't always about making a big splash. It's about making your roster better. They didn't need a big splash. The fact is they freed up one of the best play makers in the league to make plays again instead of riding the bench as a back up QB. That along with getting Thomas back & the development of Calloway to go with Deonte Harris is a pretty nice receiving corps in itself. Could the Saints use another really good wide out? Who couldn't? But it's not a life, or death issue for them to have to address with one of their 1st rounders.

Left tackle on the other hand is a life, or death issue for them which they must address in this draft. And they must address it with a day one starter. Once they've done that, there is a whole host of very good receivers who can help their cause. One I've mentioned is the guy from South Alabama. Another is Watson from NDSU. There will be a lot of great players available in this draft at a number of positions. Just honing in on a receiver isn't necessarily the best thing the Saints can do for themselves once they have their tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post

I do own a vehicle
    What's your wager? I'll bet a minimum of 3 QBs go in the first round of this draft & one of them is going to Atlanta, or Seattle, or both.

I think it’s possible 3 QBs get drafted in the first round .

But my statement was neither ATL or Seattle draft QB with current picks that they have now .

It may be possible that one of them trades down later in the round and drafts a QB but the value is simply not there at their current 1st round draft positions

I think it’s possible 3 QBs get drafted in the first round .

But my statement was neither ATL or Seattle draft QB with current picks that they have now .

It may be possible that one of them trades down later in the round and drafts a QB but the value is simply not there at their current 1st round draft positions
    You may think the value isn't there. The pundits who have no fan base to satisfy may not think the value is there. But the teams who desperately need a QB which Seattle & Atlanta both desperately need will see value in a different light. Value? That's what they said about the 2017 draft. There's no value in this draft. It's a weak QB draft. Then came draft day & before you knew it, 3 QBs were taken off the board in the upper part of the 1st round. IF Seattle & Atlanta want their guy, they will draft a QB in the first round, or they will go without. And that won't sell any over priced tickets, beer, or parking passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Free agency isn't always about making a big splash. It's about making your roster better. They didn't need a big splash. The fact is they freed up one of the best play makers in the league to make plays again instead of riding the bench as a back up QB. That along with getting Thomas back & the development of Calloway to go with Deonte Harris is a pretty nice receiving corps in itself. Could the Saints use another really good wide out? Who couldn't? But it's not a life, or death issue for them to have to address with one of their 1st rounders.

Left tackle on the other hand is a life, or death issue for them which they must address in this draft. And they must address it with a day one starter. Once they've done that, there is a whole host of very good receivers who can help their cause. One I've mentioned is the guy from South Alabama. Another is Watson from NDSU. There will be a lot of great players available in this draft at a number of positions. Just honing in on a receiver isn't necessarily the best thing the Saints can do for themselves once they have their tackle.
    Maybe big splash wasn’t the right phrasing. My point was they haven’t done anything in free agency to make the team better. They also could’ve waited a few more days to sign Dalton and kept the 3rd round compensatory pick. It’s not like Dalton is some sort of hot commodity

Maybe big splash wasn’t the right phrasing. My point was they haven’t done anything in free agency to make the team better. They also could’ve waited a few more days to sign Dalton and kept the 3rd round compensatory pick. It’s not like Dalton is some sort of hot commodity
    Compensatory picks are awarded next year after the season. Unless Dalton becomes a full time starter, there is no way it will cost them a 3rd pick. In fact, Armstrong and Williams will both be starters and the best the Saint's will receive is a 3rd Round pick for either.

10. Default Re: 2022 NFL Draft

I do own a vehicle
    lol

I agree with you on the waiting as good policy, but how bad would the fans have been after the whole Watson smoke screen to be threatening to skin Loomis right now without it? They made that signing to send a message to their all too nervous fans that they're committed to Jameis as the QB & Taysom as a play maker. And once again I will restate that just getting Taysom in a set position & letting him play Special Teams will instantly make the same roster better.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Compensatory picks are awarded next year after the season. Unless Dalton becomes a full time starter, there is no way it will cost them a 3rd pick. In fact, Armstrong and Williams will both be starters and the best the Saint's will receive is a 3rd Round pick for either.
    Correct. I’m talking about the pick we would’ve received for Siemian next year if we had waited a few more days to sign Dalton. We would not have traded for Dalton with a 3rd round pick straight up, yet that’s essentially what we did

Deebo Samuel has requested a trade from the 49ers. Do we think he would be a good fit for the Saints?

If any of you are going to Las Vegas to see the draft, I hope you enjoy the Weezer concert. LOL!

Sorry to use this thread so much, but I totally forgot to ask this: does anyone know where to watch the Draft online?? I don't have A tv provider anymore so I have no way of watching it. Will it be on sportsurge, streameast, the NFL website?? Please keep me posted if you find a place to watch. Thanks!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information