Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Theo Akwuba

1. Default Re: Theo Akwuba

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    From the same guy questioning me when I said we had 3 seniors for softball.
    You continue to miss the point. It’s about “teasing” that you have info without intent to reveal. Say what it is, or don’t. Dangling a carrot doesn’t make you cool or interesting. As for the softball seniors, I was asking a legitimate question with zero undertones. It was you who assigned the critical meaning to it. Earlier in the year, Mayeux was the only player that would 100% not be back for next year. I wasn’t insinuating you were wrong. I just wasn’t aware of the other 2 before then

Default Re: Theo Akwuba

That doesn't mean he was my source. You are assuming that Morris told his neighbor and his neighbor told me. My source is irrelevant.
    LOL. I'm going by what you said. You said you are friends with his neighbor. How can I assume something that you are inferring? LOL. Holy crap. "My buddy is a neighbor of Morris and its a done deal". Now, if I'm assuming that is your source but it isn't you need to retire from this news breaking ____.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Of course I will. I’m a UL basketball fan.
    As am I. I will gladly be there. I may not agree with things that happen BUT I will always be a Cajun fan.

4. Default Re: Theo Akwuba

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    It was actually a good job by some in the fan base in keeping this news confidential for about a week. Last Tuesday a basketball awards ceremony was held. It was noted by a few that Coach Morris was not present. In private conversation, it was learned that he was in Oxford and very likely to receive and accept an offer to join the Rebels staff. Granted it did not become official until this week but it was only a formality at that point. Don't know where JMV got his information but he was accurate with it.
    I really enjoy the accurate information that jmvcajun provides time and time again. Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by cajungmg View Post
    I really enjoy the accurate information that jmvcajun provides time and time again. Keep it up!
    Thanks.

6. Default Re: Theo Akwuba

What is the over/under on the tampering likelihood?

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    What is the over/under on the tampering likelihood?
    Little chance of Ole Miss being caught in a tampering charge. Theo Awkuba had put his name in the portal prior to Coach Morris being offered a job at Ole Miss. Now, once he accepted the offer he did recruit Theo. Not surprised he went to Ole Miss at that point. Note, Iowa was the other finalist and they had a much better year than the Rebels. That actually worked in Ole Miss's favor as Theo is likely to play more for Ole Miss than he would have for Iowa.

Little chance of Ole Miss being caught in a tampering charge. Theo Awkuba had put his name in the portal prior to Coach Morris being offered a job at Ole Miss. Now, once he accepted the offer he did recruit Theo. Not surprised he went to Ole Miss at that point. Note, Iowa was the other finalist and they had a much better year than the Rebels. That actually worked in Ole Miss's favor as Theo is likely to play more for Ole Miss than he would have for Iowa.
    This is a pretty naive view, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    I will go with Cajunmike views on anything UL basketball related.

I will go with Cajunmike views on anything UL basketball related.
    Cool

11. Default Re: Theo Akwuba

I said Morris was gone the day he went to that coaches seminar.

This series of moves and the timing were designed to appear tamper proof.

jmo (no proof)

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    I understand how people would think that. However, I assure you what I described earlier is exactly what happened.

13. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Theo Akwuba

The only thing that matters is that we are stuck with yet another year of underperforming Bob Marlin. Brock put so much bat dung on Bob’s brilliance when the team clearly preformed for Brock as they never did for the head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The only thing that matters is that we are stuck with yet another year of underperforming Bob Marlin. Brock put so much bat dung on Bob’s brilliance when the team clearly preformed for Brock as they never did for the head coach.
    Id imagine there is a ton a great young assistants lining up to leave job security to come here for a year

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Id imagine there is a ton a great young assistants lining up to leave job security to come here for a year
    Another built in excuse for the Social club on why their golden calf failed again.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information