Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Theo Akwuba

1. Default Re: Theo Akwuba

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So if Theo's situation was known when the decision to retain Marlin was made, then Theo leaving should not be an issue now and obviously was not part of the reason to retain Marlin.
    Buying time to get over the hump of no return is, an old trick.

Default Re: Theo Akwuba

Maggard’s exact quote, “no indication that that core group is going anywhere.” Yet he knew Theo leaving was a strong possibility when making the Marlin decision. Listening back to that interview 2 months later its still shocking to me how lost he sounds. I get having to deliver news of a decision you might not have made. Making a blatant choice to lie to the little fan base you have left is a very strange choice.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Maggard’s exact quote, “no indication that that core group is going anywhere.” Yet he knew Theo leaving was a strong possibility when making the Marlin decision. Listening back to that interview 2 months later its still shocking to me how lost he sounds. I get having to deliver news of a decision you might not have made. Making a blatant choice to lie to the little fan base you have left is a very strange choice.
    Oh it was 100% his decision to keep him that's the word out of Martin hall. I think he was blindsided by the amount of hate he got for keeping him.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Oh it was 100% his decision to keep him that's the word out of Martin hall. I think he was blindsided by the amount of hate he got for keeping him.
    Well Maggard's and Marlin's wives are BFF's.

I had heard JL was ready to buy him out with T-Joe blessing but Maggard kept him.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I had heard JL was ready to buy him out with T-Joe blessing but Maggard kept him.
    JL?

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    JL?
    Jennifer Lopez duh

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I thought you said before, quite emphatically, that it was T-Joe's call to keep Marlin?

Jennifer Lopez duh
    And to some degree A-Rod, lol.

Jennifer Lopez duh
    Jay Leno.

Jennifer Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I thought you said before, quite emphatically, that it was T-Joe's call to keep Marlin?
    JMV I thought I remembered this as well. Could be confusing you though as several were stating it as undeniable fact. Don’t mean this as an attack on you specifically but has there been a change in the consensus opinion on what happened here?

JMV I thought I remembered this as well. Could be confusing you though as several were stating it as undeniable fact. Don’t mean this as an attack on you specifically but has there been a change in the consensus opinion on what happened here?
    Martin Hall making the decision was always just assumptions. The fact is Maggard did not want to call in any favors. He didn't want to take any funds away from the stadium.

14. Default Re: Theo Akwuba

Based on the history of Martin Hall and based on the way Bryan has run this athletics program since he got here, it was an easy assumption to think that he was being overruled. It has since been revealed that Bryan had 100% autonomy in retaining Marlin.

Which is, unfortunately, another big blemish on his reputation. I hate to say that, because I really like him as a person and an AD. But the fact remains, this was a very poor decision, no matter what metric you choose to bolster your opinion.

15. Default Re: Theo Akwuba

Martin Hall making the decision was always just assumptions. The fact is Maggard did not want to call in any favors. He didn't want to take any funds away from the stadium.
    Not sure where you got that fact, however it is certainly a viable one and should be an acceptable one if it is correct. At this point, nothing should be done which could even result in a delay of the football stadium modification and certainly not a move to get rid of the basketball coach one year earlier.

Dr. Maggard has to play with the eggs in his basket. From the things he has managed to accomplish during his tenure, I am pretty sure nobody here knows exactly what eggs he has in his basket from time to time. Everyone must admit, he has done remarkably with the eggs in his basket from time to time and in how he has chosen use each one of them.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information