Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Theo Akwuba

Default Re: Theo Akwuba

So if the "rumors" are true, we may lose the core of the team AND our best assistant? Is that what I'm hearing?

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    So if the "rumors" are true, we may lose the core of the team AND our best assistant? Is that what I'm hearing?
    Best coach not just assistant.

Most of the cOre of the team is returning assuming Jordan Brown does not go pro. If Jay said he is returning, he may have had recent confirmation on that. Theo is the only player planned to be in main rotation so far who is definitely leaving. Can’t blame him as he will have his degree and a likely NIL will help he and his family financially.

4. Default Re: Theo Akwuba

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    ... Theo is the only player planned to be in main rotation so far who is definitely leaving. Can’t blame him as he will have his degree and a likely NIL will help he and his family financially.
    I think he has valid reasons for leaving, but those reasons were known when the reason for keeping Marlin was put out there.

5. Default Re: Theo Akwuba

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I think he has valid reasons for leaving, but those reasons were known when the reason for keeping Marlin was put out there.
    Your point?

Jay Walker just said on the Scott Prather show that Theo does not come from a wealthy family. Nice way of saying his family needs the money. He also said Theo will get an NIL at Ole Miss. Probably would have left regardless of the coaching situation.

7. Default Re: Theo Akwuba

The troof!

This comment is not to confirm nor deny rumors of people leaving, and I’m not saying Jay has bad info on this. He’s much more tied in to MBB than 99% of us.

But it is well known in supporter circles that Brown has been contacted by professional basketball folks and apparently has some interest in getting paid to play. No idea what shakes out, but to say he’s definitely coming back is not accurate, in my opinion.

8. Default Re: Theo Akwuba

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Caviar View Post
    Your point?
    More pointed than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Caviar View Post
    Your point?
    Point being they sold us the reason for giving Marlin another year was roster retention when it certainly does not seem to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Point being they sold us the reason for giving Marlin another year was roster retention when it certainly does not seem to be the case.
    Plus the savings on AC in the Dome

11. Default Re: Theo Akwuba

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    So if Theo's situation was known when the decision to retain Marlin was made, then Theo leaving should not be an issue now and obviously was not part of the reason to retain Marlin.

What are yall talking about. Marlin keeps 75% of all his players!

13. Default Re: Theo Akwuba

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I would also like to see the saints grab a veteran TE like Eric Ebron
    Eric Ebrom would make a nice addition to the Cajuns Basketball roster, but I think he might be out of eligibility and also play the wrong sport.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    ____ yeah. Morris is heading to Ole Miss also!
    Morris sees the handwriting on the wall. He knows next season is Marlin’s last. He has to get away before Marlin is released or his contract is not renewed if he will have any chance to return as the Head Coach!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Eric Ebrom would make a nice addition to the Cajuns Basketball roster, but I think he might be out of eligibility and also play the wrong sport.
    Lol unfortunate he only averaged 5 points a game in High School

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information