Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Theo Akwuba

1. Default Re: Theo Akwuba

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    There will still have to be strings pulled in order for Akwuba to transfer to another school, even as a grad transfer which he is listed as. Below is from the NCAA eligibility center.

Postgraduate Transfer Eligibility

Q12: What if the student-athlete transferred previously from another four-year school as an undergraduate student?

A12: Generally, a student-athlete who has previously transferred from another four-year school would not be able to use the one-time exception as a postgraduate transfer. However, a waiver process exists for postgraduate students with a previous transfer history.

Per this terminology Theo would need a waiver in order to be eligible to play next season. This is similar to the Desi Sills situation at Ark St. and Jay posted in another thread he has heard he is likely to return after realizing the difficulties he faces in transferring. Keep in mind Akwuba already received a hardship waiver that made him immediately eligible to play here since when he transferred from Portland the one time transfer rule was not in effect and he was supposed to sit one year. Whether or not he gets a waiver and transfers I do think entering the portal makes it more likely for him to not return and up playing professionally somewhere overseas.
    And he knows all of this, and yet still decided to leave here. I find that even MORE concerning.

Default Re: Theo Akwuba

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    And he knows all of this, and yet still decided to leave here. I find that even MORE concerning.
    Not many players want to tie themselves down to a sinking ship.

like Nero I will fiddle while the basketball programs burns to the ground

3. Default ESPN 1420 Louisiana Ragin’ Cajun Theo Akwuba Places Name in Transfer Portal

At the end of March, Theo Akwuba announced he would maintain his eligibility but go through the NBA Draft process. It appears he's keeping all options open, as now he has entered the transfer portal.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Not many players want to tie themselves down to a sinking ship.

like Nero I will fiddle while the basketball programs burns to the ground
    Lanny: how many times do we have to go through this? This ship ain’t sinking. You put this ship up against another ship and it wins 75% of the time (allegedly). Sure the water is up to our chins now, but this ship (just like last year’s roster) isnt going anywhere and that includes the postseason damnit!

5. Default Re: Theo Akwuba

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Lanny: how many times do we have to go through this? This ship ain’t sinking. You put this ship up against another ship and it wins 75% of the time (allegedly). Sure the water is up to our chins now, but this ship (just like last year’s roster) isnt going anywhere and that includes the postseason damnit!
    You have some nerve after attempting to call me out.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Hey the titanic was still 75% above water just after hitting the iceberg

Brutal...

Wonder if Maggs will own up to this or just not comment. Obviously this isnt going the way most of the fans wanted. This may be his albatross.....

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    It was T-Joe call and we all know that.
    We do not all know that.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    This may be his albatross.....
    Nope, not even on the radar. The stadium misfire is. The lack of RCAF staffing is right up there with the stadium. Basketball is important, but not in the same area code as the beforementioned two.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    We do not all know that.
    Well now you know.

It’s all about missing 4 icebergs in the North Atlantic baby

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Well now you know.
    Please spill it. How are you so certain that this was not Maggard's call? I know you're not a big basketball guy so tell me what you know that would explain this.

14. Default Re: Theo Akwuba

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Please spill it. How are you so certain that this was not Maggard's call? I know you're not a big basketball guy so tell me what you know that would explain this.
    Because he was "named" vice president of athletics out of Martin Hall.

Absolutely , unequivocally, a demotion.

Hasn't anyone noticed the lack of pep in his step? The loss of attention to detail? 75%

Quote Originally Posted by raginbeef View Post
    It’s all about missing 4 icebergs in the North Atlantic baby
    I laughed

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information