Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Theo Akwuba

Default Re: Theo Akwuba

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Maggard made an awful decision to keep marlin. There is zero logical reasons to keep him.
    Maggard has to eat the decision publicly because he is the AD. I don't believe it was his decision only based upon what I heard early in the basketball season.

I feel like any former UL player that hits the transfer portal and lands somewhere else should have all of their individual stats and potential individual records scrubbed from our stat/record book.

Going to annoy me that our longest TD run by a RB is held by someone that did not want to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I feel like any former UL player that hits the transfer portal and lands somewhere else should have all of their individual stats and potential individual records scrubbed from our stat/record book.

Going to annoy me that our longest TD run by a RB is held by someone that did not want to be here.
    Records are made to be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Maggard has to eat the decision publicly because he is the AD. I don't believe it was his decision only based upon what I heard early in the basketball season.
    It was T-Joe call and we all know that.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Winning 75% of the time isn’t for everyone.
    Winning 75% of the time against the bottom feeders is not for everyone and shouldn't be for anyone. If your winning percentage is only 75% against this weak schedule, then that is very embarrassing.

Thought retaining Marlin meant not losing any players to the portal, especially the more talented ones. I have not been to a Ragin Cajun basketball game in 3 years and will not as long as our present coaching staff stays intact. Need a change for me to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Winning 75% of the time against the bottom feeders is not for everyone and shouldn't be for anyone. If your winning percentage is only 75% against this weak schedule, then that is very embarrassing.

Thought retaining Marlin meant not losing any players to the portal, especially the more talented ones. I have not been to a Ragin Cajun basketball game in 3 years and will not as long as our present coaching staff stays intact. Need a change for me to come back.
    You and many others that I have spoken to around town have said the same thing. I still follow the team and watch the games as a fan, but it's hard to get "excited" about the upcoming season.

What's most frustrating is the potential this program has. I just wish people from both the inside and out can see that and quit justifying mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    You and many others that I have spoken to around town have said the same thing. I still follow the team and watch the games as a fan, but it's hard to get "excited" about the upcoming season.

What's most frustrating is the potential this program has. I just wish people from both the inside and out can see that and quit justifying mediocrity.
    That is what the Marlin Mafia does. Or as MAT says the social club.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    That is what the Marlin Mafia does. Or as MAT says the social club.
    Well there’s no accountability from the inside from what I hear. It’s always someone else’s fault (It’s Maggard giving their money to football, it’s Cedric Russell or Malik Wilson bailing, it’s Ragin Review, it’s the Cajundome being too big, it’s NIL)…. Always pointing the finger.

I still follow every game because I am a fan. But it is so frustrating. I just won't see the game from inside the dome until there is change. I agree this program has potential, just like our football team had/has. And I'm sure every college fan across the nation feels the same way we do about their university. But until our administration staff decides to show they are truly concerned, then why should we the fans?

Again, I haven't missed a game on the radio, but they won't see my $$$ until they make the move. I wish Marlin well, but it's time for him to move on.

On a side note, ran into a past great 3 weeks ago who played for Marlin. Even he is ready for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I know that but it falls on Maggard. In the end it’s his career and name that take the hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Sadly this will be the norm in college athletics now. If we get a good basketball player that blossoms now into a star we will probably lose him to a bigger school, translation, NIL deal. Just ask the folks at Arkansas St. about that. Don't know if that is happening with Theo but I thought Theo was going to leave regardless whether transferring or playing professionally somewhere.
    Sadly you’re spot on.

People forget, Des was hired to continue “the culture”. Guys still flew out of here like ____ thru a goose. Don’t think Des was the cause.

NIL needs the be curbed ASAP or it’s over for the G5 and on down.

Well there’s no accountability from the inside from what I hear. It’s always someone else’s fault (It’s Maggard giving their money to football, it’s Cedric Russell or Malik Wilson bailing, it’s Ragin Review, it’s the Cajundome being too big, it’s NIL)…. Always pointing the finger.
    It's definitely RR fault. LMFAO

I just wish MAT and RR would do the right thing and fire Marlin already. There’s still time to make this right guys.

14. Default Re: Theo Akwuba

Dough boy from the Necksters is gone……

There will still have to be strings pulled in order for Akwuba to transfer to another school, even as a grad transfer which he is listed as. Below is from the NCAA eligibility center.

Postgraduate Transfer Eligibility

Q12: What if the student-athlete transferred previously from another four-year school as an undergraduate student?

A12: Generally, a student-athlete who has previously transferred from another four-year school would not be able to use the one-time exception as a postgraduate transfer. However, a waiver process exists for postgraduate students with a previous transfer history.

Per this terminology Theo would need a waiver in order to be eligible to play next season. This is similar to the Desi Sills situation at Ark St. and Jay posted in another thread he has heard he is likely to return after realizing the difficulties he faces in transferring. Keep in mind Akwuba already received a hardship waiver that made him immediately eligible to play here since when he transferred from Portland the one time transfer rule was not in effect and he was supposed to sit one year. Whether or not he gets a waiver and transfers I do think entering the portal makes it more likely for him to not return and end up playing professionally somewhere overseas.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information