Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: BB G2: Louisiana 5, ULM 7

Default Re: Cajuns vs ulmost game 2

Lost all momentum with that loss.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Kind of what it feels like. Especially losing in the 9th with a big lead. We’ve had a few of those but that’s the most recent one where you can look back and say “yep, that was it.”

Let’s see how they respond, but that loss hurts. If you’re just looking at the incredibly faint chance of an at large, you can’t lose those games.

3. Default Re: Cajuns vs ulmost game 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Caviar View Post
    At 41 pitches, it is somewhat questionable why Bonds would have been pulled. He was at the threshold pitch count wise where it would not be advisable to use him again tomorrow so why not let him try to finish the game? Inquiring minds want to know.
    The balk was bull____ and it hurts. But yea, why the ____ are you pulling Bonds right there? He wasn't sharp tonight but he was still effective against this lineup. Also, why are you throwing a 1-2 FASTBALL to Beech? I understand that he is hitting .231 with literally no power numbers, but wtf are you doing? (Bench calls the pitches, so thats not on Brock or Rawls). Lets also remember that we scored 3 in the 1st inning and then got only 2 more for the final 8 innings against a team with literally 2 pitchers on the roster. Team ERA is hovering around 7.

A good baseball team just doesn't lose that game. Sorry folks. We have too many instances of why this is another average ball club. I hate to say that and I wish to god it weren't true. But facts is facts.

LOL .500 baseball gonna .500 baseball

I’m so ____ed…I like to tell myself we are a solid club.

The wife and I introduced Louisiana baseball to a couple tonight…we watched every pitch. Not the best introduction.

6. Default Re: Cajuns vs ulmost game 2

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I’m so ____ed…I like to tell myself we are a solid club.

The wife and I introduced Louisiana baseball to a couple tonight…we watched every pitch. Not the best introduction.
    You should be ____ed. We should all be ____ed. We pay a lot of money for this ____.

.500 ball club with a .500 manager. It's infuriating

Deggs pulling Bonds remind you of Marlin calling timeouts when we have momentum. No? Just me?

Default Re: BB G2: Louisiana 5, ULM 7

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    The thing that makes this staff so unique is the extremely inconsistent roles and what is being asked of these guys. Our opening night starter’s most recent outing was a 4 inning outing for a midweek. Our Saturday opening weekend starter started that midweek. Our two most promising bullpen arms (Talley and Bonds) have been shuffled in and out of starting roles. Our best performing pitcher out of the pen from the first weekend (Ray) was put as a Friday night starter and is now back to the pen. Theut is another arm out of the pen who has been tried as a starter. Today we just had Schultz get his first start since 2019, and it was a 107 pitch outing.

We ask student athletes to be process rather than result oriented. That starts at the top. Managers can’t change a guy’s role every time he has a strong or poor outing. IMO roles need to be defined on this team sooner rather than later if we want these guys to develop any semblance of consistency. Im not sure Deggs agrees with that after him mentioning getting “creative” in his interview this week.
    So basically back to this but now add in Menard and Rawls as closers. At what point in a season does a guy know what his role will be?

9. Default Re: BB G2: Louisiana 5, ULM 7

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    So basically back to this but now add in Menard and Rawls as closers. At what point in a season does a guy know what his role will be?
    Look at last year, outside of Cooke & Spencer.

No one ever knows anything. That’s a huge part of the problem. Then again, how can you communicate to your staff what the plan is when you don’t know yourself?

Fast, hard, and loose baby!

Basically, we lose every Saturday/G2 because of a managerial decision, right?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Kind of what it feels like. Especially losing in the 9th with a big lead. We’ve had a few of those but that’s the most recent one where you can look back and say “yep, that was it.”

Let’s see how they respond, but that loss hurts. If you’re just looking at the incredibly faint chance of an at large, you can’t lose those games.
    The chances for an at large went out the window after the Troy series. We also don't have a winning record vs Q 1-3 teams

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Look at last year, outside of Cooke & Spencer.

No one ever knows anything. That’s a huge part of the problem. Then again, how can you communicate to your staff what the plan is when you don’t know yourself?

Fast, hard, and loose baby!
    And unafraid to crash and burn.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    And we lost about 9-10 spots in the RPI

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    The chances for an at large went out the window after the Troy series. We also don't have a winning record vs Q 1-3 teams
    The Troy series and the Nichols game hurt. We have bounced back going 9-5 in the last 14 games. I'm no RPI wizard, but I am guessing we need to beat LSU, the GA State series and somehow get our RPI in the 20's to have any shot at all.

We are 19-15 with 20 reg. season games, plus any make up games left. If we win 75% we get to 34 wins, which is not enough. If we win out that's still short of 40 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    The Troy series and the Nichols game hurt. We have bounced back going 9-5 in the last 14 games. I'm no RPI wizard, but I am guessing we need to beat LSU, the GA State series and somehow get our RPI in the 20's to have any shot at all.

We are 19-15 with 20 reg. season games, plus any make up games left. If we win 75% we get to 34 wins, which is not enough. If we win out that's still short of 40 wins.
    Is that Maggard 75% or regular 75%

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information