Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Vinny Sigona?

1. UL Basketball Vinny Sigona?

Looks like we have another basketball commit, not familiar with this kid, but Vinny Sigona, according to twitter committed to the Cajuns.

https://twitter.com/tobias_bass/stat...55056387104774

Default Re: Vinny Sigona?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Looks like we have another basketball commit, not familiar with this kid, but Vinny Sigona, according to twitter committed to the Cajuns.

Beat out Texas A&M–Commerce for him Take that Southland !!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post

None of it matters, we still have the same coach.

Why so late?

Looks like he is 6'1" and 160 lbs.

My guess is that is he is a spot up shooter, which is fine, if the offense you run can take advantage of that.

He looks quick, has the ability to create his own shot, and passes the ball with great vision. I like.

Scholarship or PWO?

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Scholarship or PWO?
    Pretty sure it is a scholarship situation. I watched some video of the kid. Hard to tell how his game translates to the college level but he does have a quick release on his jump shot, handles the ball well, and has good vision on his passes. However, that may not have been against the strongest competition. From a highlight video you also get no indication of how effective he will be on defense. That would be my main concern. Of course he will likely get stronger from the strength training he will acquire and that should help him on defense as his career progresses. Like all recruits, it is not fair to assume he will be a bust or be a star before he even sets foot on campus.

I believe today is the first day of the spring signing period. It generally lasts about a month for HS and JUCO players. Therefore this is not a late pickup when only spring is considered. You must declare by May 1 to enter the portal for all sports in 2022-23. Of course you can take as long as needed to pick a school once you enter the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    He looks quick, has the ability to create his own shot, and passes the ball with great vision. I like.

I agree. May be like Eric Mouton a few years back. Quick, good passer, good shooter. Just a little on the small side.

Looked at our other signee (at least I think he signed) Chandler White had a very decorated career in the Houston. Was on the POY list...lots of MVP lists. 6'6 guard.

Chandler averaged over 30 ppg this past season and was a nominee for the McDonald's All American team. We may be lucky he signed early with the senior season he had. On the other hand, I was told his Dad encouraged him to sign here as he played for Coach Marlin at Sam Houston. He is likely to back up Greg Williams at the 3 spot next season. As far as the guy who signed today, he may back up Michael Thomas as the lead guard. Ideally, they will also sign a more experienced guard to challenge Thomas for the starting role.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Looked at our other signee (at least I think he signed) Chandler White had a very decorated career in the Houston. Was on the POY list...lots of MVP lists. 6'6 guard.
    Did he sign already?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information