Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Vinny Sigona?

Default Re: Vinny Sigona?

Chandler White signed in November during the early period. That is why I mentioned we may be lucky we acquired his signature back then.

How does the scholarship limit work in regards to “super seniors” this year? Williams, Dalcourt, Au, and Akwuba if he returns would all be in their 5th year.

Also to avoid confusion the 1st signee from the fall is named Chancellor White not Chandler.

3. Default Re: Vinny Sigona?

*Chancelor

The other kid looks like a roster filler. But what can you expect with our current situation..

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    *Chancelor

The other kid looks like a roster filler. But what can you expect with our current situation..
    Was today national signing day.. ? why would one committ and then sign, rather than just go straight to sign

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Was today national signing day.. ? why would one committ and then sign, rather than just go straight to sign
    The only PG they could find willing to play for a 1 year coach

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    You have an entire month to sign. May want to wait for some type of ceremony.

They are still recruiting with a target of a more experienced guard. Thanks to the people who corrected me on the spelling of the name of the early signee. I think the actual spelling is Chancellor White.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    For what it’s worth, Sigona is the 44th ranked player in Texas by Max Preps. Considering the size of that state, I am surprised he is that high.

9. Default Re: Vinny Sigona?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    For what it’s worth, Sigona is the 44th ranked player in Texas by Max Preps. Considering the size of that state, I am surprised he is that high.
    You appear to have a vast amount of knowledge about our basketball program. What in your opinion are the realistic chances that a competitive roster is put together for the upcoming season?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    From reading the thread, I think I’m alone in this opinion, but from all of the video I’ve been able to watch of this kid, I think he looks like exactly what the team needs.

He handles the ball and moves and passes very well, and is a good shooter with a quick release. Obviously its highlight packages, but his skill set is pretty evident. And there’s no defensive stuff on highlights, but he looks like he’s quick footed so he may be a pretty good defender.

He may not have the offer list to impress folks, but being a thin white kid may have something to do with that.

11. Default Re: Vinny Sigona?

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    From reading the thread, I think I’m alone in this opinion, but from all of the video I’ve been able to watch of this kid, I think he looks like exactly what the team needs.

He handles the ball and moves and passes very well, and is a good shooter with a quick release. Obviously its highlight packages, but his skill set is pretty evident. And there’s no defensive stuff on highlights, but he looks like he’s quick footed so he may be a pretty good defender.

He may not have the offer list to impress folks, but being a thin white kid may have something to do with that.
    What is your best guess, at this time, of who will comprise “the team” whose needs he will be adding too?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Caviar View Post
    What is your best guess, at this time, of who will comprise “the team” whose needs he will be adding too?
    LOL. Fair question

LOL. Fair question
    The team on the court next season will generally be the one that finished this past season. How competitive they will be depends on if the big men return. I don't expect Theo Awkuba to play pro ball domestically. Although he has declared for the draft he left himself the option to return. Personally I think he will return. Now a strong financial offer from overseas could change that. Jordan Brown has not declared for the draft as of yet. I would not be surprised if he did the same as Awkuba, declare for draft but leave option to return. Success may actually depend on how few people play. A set rotation was not developed until late in the year this past season which contributed to the inconsistency. That can't happen next year if they want to improve significantly.

His high school district is not a high level of competition in Texas. I'm certain he played summer ball against better competition.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    The only PG they could find willing to play for a 1 year coach
    To be fair this kid was offered as a Junior well over a year ago. Whatever the staff saw few others did because there ended up being only the one other D-1 offer from a school just transitioning to D-1 next year. Time will tell if he can be a major contributor.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information