Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: UNO Friday Night Starter (former Robe offer and commit)

1. Default Re: UNO Friday Night Starter (former Robe offer and commit)

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Robe liked some STM pitchers.
    I hate the fact we lost one to a school in Mississippi

Default Re: UNO Friday Night Starter (former Robe offer and commit)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent2 View Post
    Are you saying he was offered by UL and choose to leave the state?

3. Default Re: UNO Friday Night Starter (former Robe offer and commit)

Are you saying he was offered by UL and choose to leave the state?
    Lowest cost of entry more than likely

Lowest cost of entry more than likely
    Right off hand I only know of Scott Dohmann, Wyatt Marks and Hogan Harris from STM that were good pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Not much. A point was made about how the pitching has been much improved lately. And it went from there. Who knows what this kid would be doing if he were pitching here? He’s not, so there’s not really much reason to continue to talk about it.

That said, I’m not sure you’re the best ambassador for keeping threads on topic.

Not to mention that, while he is the Friday starter at UNO (from what was said), he’s got a 4.58 ERA there while doing it. He gave up 6 earned runs in 4 innings against NW State and 5 earned runs in 7 innings against McNeese, which are the only teams that are on the Cajuns’ schedule.

I think UL is fine without him.
    Unless they played mcnesse twice someone needs to talk to the official scorer. When you have runs score due to a routine ground ball rolling under your short stops glove that’s not earned. That was clearly an error.

If you read the first post it was about pulling a schooly from this kid and giving it to Harvard who he is clearly better than. I watched him pitch 3 times and I’d take him on my staff any day before Harvard, Menard and Perrin to name few.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    I dunno.

Looks like it’s a good thing he’s had healthy run support.

https://unoprivateers.com/sports/bas.r-leblanc/5266
    Against mcnesse he was scoreless through 5. That’s been his MO. Strong start. Runs late. IMO probably gets left in one or 2 innings to long. They may not trust the bull pen.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Unless they played mcnesse twice someone needs to talk to the official scorer. When you have runs score due to a routine ground ball rolling under your short stops glove that’s not earned. That was clearly an error.

If you read the first post it was about pulling a schooly from this kid and giving it to Harvard who he is clearly better than. I watched him pitch 3 times and I’d take him on my staff any day before Harvard, Menard and Perrin to name few.
    While Havard has definitely had his issues, in the common opponents games, Havard has given up 0 earned runs over 6 innings against NW State and McNeese.

Would this other kid be better? Who knows? All you can really go on is what they’ve done against similar competition. And Havard has been much better. The other kid doesn’t have great numbers, even if he is starting on Fridays for UNO (which is far from a great program these days). He’s had good outings against the likes of ULM, Youngstown State and Houston Baptist. Other than that, he’s gotten knocked around every time out.

Again, the UNO kid isn’t here. So there’s not much use in talking about the what ifs.

While Havard has definitely had his issues, in the common opponents games, Havard has given up 0 earned runs over 6 innings against NW State and McNeese.

Would this other kid be better? Who knows? All you can really go on is what they’ve done against similar competition. And Havard has been much better. The other kid doesn’t have great numbers, even if he is starting on Fridays for UNO (which is far from a great program these days). He’s had good outings against the likes of ULM, Youngstown State and Houston Baptist. Other than that, he’s gotten knocked around every time out.

Again, the UNO kid isn’t here. So there’s not much use in talking about the what ifs.
    How many times have you seen the other kid pitch? Watch his stuff then watch Harvard. You can see it on demand on ESPN+. To compare mcneese or north western state on a Tuesday to a Friday we don’t know if they are sitting some starters getting some guys some reps. Just watch the two pitch and compare.

9. Default Re: UNO Friday Night Starter (former Robe offer and commit)

Well, he will probably get a Thur/Fri start against SE and Nichols in the next couple of weeks and we can see how this works out. I still agree with Krazy that it was an ill advised move to yank this scholarship.

Are you talking about the one currently at ole miss?

We are still in a situation with the current roster that we lack some talent. That is to be expected based on results over the past few seasons. They have been less than a reason to get very excited about and attract great talent. It has gotten better however. We have a roster of speed, strength, and athletic kids. If we can fine tune that with more baseball talent we will be fine.

Are you talking about the one currently at ole miss?
    Drew isn't that good.

13. Default Re: UNO Friday Night Starter (former Robe offer and commit)

Drew isn't that good.
    He did commence the year as the Saturday starter on the No 1 team in the country . . .

How many times have you seen the other kid pitch? Watch his stuff then watch Harvard. You can see it on demand on ESPN+. To compare mcneese or north western state on a Tuesday to a Friday we don’t know if they are sitting some starters getting some guys some reps. Just watch the two pitch and compare.
    I’m not saying Havard (not Harvard) is a dominating force. And I also don’t need (or want) to watch a UNO-McNeese game.

The fact is, neither pitcher has been very effective. So I don’t really see a reason to worry about a guy not being here who has been ineffective against any decent team he’s faced while crapping on a guy who is here.

It’s pretty obvious you have some personal connection to the UNO kid, and you said that he wanted to be a Cajun. I definitely get it. And if he was going out and shoving every Friday night somewhere, it would be a different conversation. But thats not the case.

Drew isn't that good.
    He would be the Ace on this cajuns staff easily.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information