Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: UNO Friday Night Starter (former Robe offer and commit)

Default Re: UNO Friday Night Starter (former Robe offer and commit)

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, when Billy Napier was named head coach, he released all of the commitments the previous staff had gotten.

It worked out OK.

If we missed on this one, we missed. Isn't the first time. Won't be the last time.

We're ok.
    Correct. Deggs actually sent much of Tony's last signing class packing as freshman after his first fall. I am glad to see he came to his senses with at least one of those he has resigned and will be coming back.

2. Default Re: UNO Friday Night Starter (former Robe offer and commit)

It is truly amazing how much interest a topic no one is interested in has gotten . . .

3. Default Re: UNO Friday Night Starter (former Robe offer and commit)

Carter Robinson 3.72 era on the mound tonight for Tulane against UNO. I guess he is not good either . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Carter Robinson 3.72 era on the mound tonight for Tulane against UNO. I guess he is not good either . . .
    Carter was not committed to being a Cajun.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Carter was not committed to being a Cajun.
    Correct.

6. Default Re: UNO Friday Night Starter (former Robe offer and commit)

He like the others discussed here are not Cajuns and are contributing elsewhere. Drew was never going to be a Cajun, but to say he is not good is par for the course. I would like to see that poster tell that the Craig to his face. LeBlanc and his family on the other hand bleed Cajun Red and it is very unfortunate that he is not here. In fact, he may be doing much better than he has at UNO if he was brandishing the Cajun Vermilion. We will never know.

He like the others discussed here are not Cajuns and are contributing elsewhere. Drew was never going to be a Cajun, but to say he is not good is par for the course. I would like to see that poster tell that the Craig to his face. LeBlanc and his family on the other hand bleed Cajun Red and it is very unfortunate that he is not here. In fact, he may be doing much better than he has at UNO if he was brandishing the Cajun Vermilion. We will never know.
    I assume you are referring to me. I never said Drew wasn’t good. I disagreed that he would “easily be the best pitcher on our staff”. And I’ve known Craig for years and have spent a lot of time with him.

And you’re right, Leblanc may be doing better here than at UNO, and we likely wont ever know. But I didnt see the need to crap on one of the current Cajun players when his results were pretty similar to what Leblanc has done at UNO.

8. Default Re: UNO Friday Night Starter (former Robe offer and commit)

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Drew isn't that good.
    This guy who proclaimed "Drew isn't that good"

Drew’s family bleeds vermillion and white also. But they just knew he was better than this place and needed to give him an opportunity to play against the best in the nation. He could of signed in BR as well but their love for the Cajuns wouldn’t allow that.

10. Default Re: UNO Friday Night Starter (former Robe offer and commit)

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I assume you are referring to me. I never said Drew wasn’t good. I disagreed that he would “easily be the best pitcher on our staff”. And I’ve known Craig for years and have spent a lot of time with him.

And you’re right, Leblanc may be doing better here than at UNO, and we likely wont ever know. But I didnt see the need to crap on one of the current Cajun players when his results were pretty similar to what Leblanc has done at UNO.
    NO

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post

Making a comparison to a Cajun player who wet the bed his last to starts is not crapping on the player. But you can say I was crapping on the coach for pulling this kids scholy, that his self proclaimed life saver offered, after seeing some of the kids he gave scholarships to, that aren’t any better. For that I continue to be puzzled. There is no doubt the kid could be productive here in some aspect. Mid week, bullpen.....?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread Information