Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: UNO Friday Night Starter (former Robe offer and commit)

Default Re: UNO Friday Night Starter (former Robe offer and commit)

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Cooper Rawls is holding on line 2 to discuss this with you.
    Work while you wait?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    He will get drafted way before any pitcher on our current staff does. Pro scouts have been high on him since high school. He would easily be the best pitcher on the current Cajuns staff.
    Bo Bonds says "Hi!"

3. Default Re: UNO Friday Night Starter (former Robe offer and commit)

He will get drafted way before any pitcher on our current staff does. Pro scouts have been high on him since high school. He would easily be the best pitcher on the current Cajuns staff.
    Drew has 4 pretty clean innings on the mound right now. 6 SO, no hits, no runs, 1 BB

Dude…stop the nonsense.

Obviously you personally know some of these local kids (I actually do too), and maybe Drew will be drafted higher than anyone on the UL staff at some point (and maybe he wont). But lose the emotional attachment for a second. Saying “he would easily be the best pitcher on the current Cajuns staff” is utterly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Bo Bonds says "Hi!"
    He will say hi and congratulations right before he gets picked.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    He did commence the year as the Saturday starter on the No 1 team in the country . . .
    Perfect Game thought highly at one time.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/.aspx?ID=503213

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Dude…stop the nonsense.

Obviously you personally know some of these local kids (I actually do too), and maybe Drew will be drafted higher than anyone on the UL staff at some point (and maybe he wont). But lose the emotional attachment for a second. Saying “he would easily be the best pitcher on the current Cajuns staff” is utterly ridiculous.
    Why would saying a kid that had serious money talks with scouts out of high school to see what his number would be to sign, got several SEC offers and is pitching in the SEC is better than any pitcher on what I would call a very below average cajuns staff, by cajuns standard historically speaking would be a strectch? You are the one looking through your red tinted glasses. I'll say it again the kid would be the Ace on this staff and that is know stretch at all. Explain how saying a kid that was highly recruited to the best baseball conference in America being better than an average Cajun staff is utterly ridiculous? This staff has no Devey, Dohmann, Gaberial, Robichaux,.I fail to see where that is a stretch at all?

8. Default Re: UNO Friday Night Starter (former Robe offer and commit)

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Dude…stop the nonsense.

Lots of utterly ridiculous things are said here, including some by you, so hold your nose . . .

9. Default Re: UNO Friday Night Starter (former Robe offer and commit)

Any Cajun fan who would not like to have McDaniel and LeBlanc in our pitching roster right now is showing exactly the level of baseball IQ they have.

Why would saying a kid that had serious money talks with scouts out of high school to see what his number would be to sign, got several SEC offers and is pitching in the SEC is better than any pitcher on what I would call a very below average cajuns staff, by cajuns standard historically speaking would be a strectch? You are the one looking through your red tinted glasses. I'll say it again the kid would be the Ace on this staff and that is know stretch at all. Explain how saying a kid that was highly recruited to the best baseball conference in America being better than an average Cajun staff is utterly ridiculous? This staff has no Devey, Dohmann, Gaberial, Robichaux,.I fail to see where that is a stretch at all?
    There’s a difference between being the best pro prospect on a staff and being the best pitcher on a staff.

Scouts love velocity, size, spin rate, make up, etc. But being the best pitcher on a college staff is based on results. And while Drew may be far and away at the top for the professional scouts and his projectability (or maybe he’s not), he’s thrown over 80 college innings. And the results have not been very good. He had an ERA over 6.00 last year in nearly 70 innings. And while you can make a case that it was due to pitching in the SEC, you’ll also have to answer for his 7.20 ERA this season that includes just 2 innings against an SEC team.

Again, pro scouts and college offers don’t have anything to do with who is “easily the best pitcher” on a college staff. Go back and look at some of the kids the Cajuns have had drafted, and the statistics and usage they got here compared to some of the guys who were bulldogs and true aces of Cajun staffs…and where they were drafted.

Conor Angel was not effective and a 15th rounder at the same time.

12. Default Re: UNO Friday Night Starter (former Robe offer and commit)

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Conor Angel was not effective and a 15th rounder at the same time.
    Same with Reagan Bazar, drafted in the 33rd round and pitched few pitches here.

However the two pitchers discussed are in fact playing and have played and obviously have had or are having some effectiveness. One does not start the year as the Saturday starter on the number 1 team in the country unless he has done something to impress his head coach nor does one become and stay as the Friday starter unless he has done something to impress his head coach.

Sorry you are not impressed (which really means virtually nothing), however both of those kids would be very valuable assets if they were on the Louisiana squad.

However the two pitchers discussed are in fact playing and have played and obviously have had or are having some effectiveness. One does not start the year as the Saturday starter on the number 1 team in the country unless he has done something to impress his head coach nor does one become and stay as the Friday starter unless he has done something to impress his head coach.

Sorry you are not impressed (which really means virtually nothing), however both of those kids would be very valuable assets if they were on the Louisiana squad.
    Impressing SEC coaches and pro scouts means nothing. If you cannot impress RP’ers you have failed to impress those who count.

Impressing SEC coaches and pro scouts means nothing. If you cannot impress RP’ers you have failed to impress those who count.
    I'm impressed.

I have no idea if I am not impressed or not because what they do is meaningless to my team. I was addressing the lack of correlation between draft and college record, in some cases. Nobody knows if they would be valuable or not and it is a waste of time even thinking about it. Who do I call to get the last 38 seconds back I spent reading this, then writing this post?

EDIT: What a waste of time editing this post too. You all are wasting precious time reading it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information