Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: BB G2 Louisiana 5, stAte 3

Default Re: G2 Louisiana vs. stAte

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    How many more chances does Deggs give Brandon? The guys a senior hitting .125. At a certain point I’d think you start giving those at bats to a younger guy.
    Like who?

The umpire still should see the ball in the glove before making the call. It was a horrible call no excuses.

3. Default Re: G2 Louisiana vs. stAte

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    How many more chances does Deggs give Brandon? The guys a senior hitting .125. At a certain point I’d think you start giving those at bats to a younger guy.
    Let’s go Braden . . .

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Like who?
    Zambo is a 1B right? His average stinks but so does Brandon’s and at least this isn’t his last year (unless we ship him off to JUCO like normal).

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    The umpire still should see the ball in the glove before making the call. It was a horrible call no excuses.
    I agree. Umpire should not make the call until he confirms the defender held onto it through the tag.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    Doesn’t happen after every out. Doesn’t really happen after most outs. He saw the catch. A 3B ump would have seen the ball come out and when it came out.

The 2B kind of sold it.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Doesn’t happen after every out. Doesn’t really happen after most outs. He saw the catch. A 3B ump would have seen the ball come out and when it came out.

The 2B kind of sold it.
    How did he see the catch? The catch was not made!

I am confused on what your argument is here. Anytime an umpire makes a call on a tag play he needs to confirm if the ball was held through the play.

8. Default Re: G2 Louisiana vs. stAte

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post

The 2B kind of sold it.
    With his empty glove . . .

Sorry no excuse the ball makes the play not the glove he should see the ball. I umpire softball for eighteen years no excuse he blew it.

10. Default Re: G2 Louisiana vs. stAte

End of 8

LA 03
    AS 03

He has all night to make the call no hurry in making the call just get it right.

Strikeout with runner on 2nd and nobody out

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    How did he see the catch? The catch was not made!

I am confused on what your argument is here. Anytime an umpire makes a call on a tag play he needs to confirm if the ball was held through the play.
    Ball got into the glove and fell out at some point when it was not visible to the 2B umpire. It looked like an out. He didn’t see it fall out. Should he wait to make the call until he confirms the ball is still in the mit? I guess. But let’s be for real, that never really happens. My main point is a fourth ump, who would have been on 3B line, would, in theory, have seen the ball come out and when it came out exactly. He would have, again in theory, spoken up in the umpire conference. But the SBC decided to stick to three umps.

To say it’s one of the worst calls you’ve ever seen or it was us getting screwed is absurd.

Also, he didn’t actually beat the tag. It’s not like it was a blown call where he beat the throw. I’m not going to _____ about ump human error when we didn’t even beat the throw

Y’all ever actually ump or officiate a sport?

Thank god a state can’t throw a ball accurately. Let’s hope we have a pitcher that can close it out

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information