Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: BB G1: Louisiana 10, A stAte 0

Default Re: BB: Louisiana vs. stAte G1

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    8-0 they must be doing something right tonight

stAte is very very bad but we have been laying down some beautiful bunts

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Is it wrong that I feel bad for A State baseball?
    Yesrepent

3. Default Re: BB: Louisiana vs. stAte G1

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    8-0 they must be doing something right tonight
    Yea we’re playing the worst college baseball team I’ve ever seen. Maybe with the exception of the Peacocks of St. Peter’s

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Is it wrong that I feel bad for A State baseball?
    The catcher tripped on his mask catching a pop up with his head. It is pretty sad. The head coach been there a long time. Jonesboro has a bad reputation. It's OK to sympathize.

I'm gunna feel bad for our RPI Monday.

Poor Higgs, man. 13 ABs 9 Ks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    The catcher tripped on his mask catching a pop up with his head. It is pretty sad. The head coach been there a long time. Jonesboro has a bad reputation. It's OK to sympathize.

I'm gunna feel bad for our RPI Monday.
    Coastal lost at Wake last Wednesday and swept stAte on the weekend. They are still 38 this week. Don’t think they dropped too much. Not to say we won’t take a hit just hoping it’s not too bad

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Weekend of the subs.

Coastal lost at Wake last Wednesday and swept stAte on the weekend. They are still 38 this week. Don’t think they dropped too much. Not to say we won’t take a hit just hoping it’s not too bad
    You are correct. The effect will be gradual. I think we played St. Peter at the end of the season and they killed our RPI all at once. The effect of stAte's RPI will hurt a little more every week. RPI only matters after the last game,

You are correct. The effect will be gradual. I think we played St. Peter at the end of the season and they killed our RPI all at once. The effect of stAte's RPI will hurt a little more every week. RPI only matters after the last game,
    It was the opposite. We played them in early March before conference started. It killed our rpi all at once and at the end of the season lol

10. UL Baseball Re: BB: Louisiana vs. stAte G1

You cannot look at the RPI ranking to determine how an opponent did/did not affect your own RPI. You need to isolate the variables. Your RPI ranking can rise, even though your RPI (the value) falls (and vice-versa). This is because teams in the vicinity of your ranking had their RPI fall more. Also, your RPI (the value) may rise playing an Arkansas State, because your opponents performed particularly well that night, even though their direct impact damaged your RPI.

What you need to do to determine opponent impact (such as a win vs. Arkansas State tonight) is hold all other opponents' contributions constant and compute ASU's impact to your OWP and OOWP . while including the win and increase in your OWP. Your RPI (the value) can then be compared to your prior RPI (the value). Then you know the impact.

I can tell you that a road win over Arkansas State (isolated) will still bring down the Cajuns' RPI (the value). The effect on the Cajuns' RPI ranking will depend on what teams in the Cajuns' vicinity do tonight (and the Cajuns' opponents, and the Cajuns' opponent's opponents, etc.).

Brian

11. UL Baseball Re: BB: Louisiana vs. stAte G1

It was early in the season (games vs. St. Peter's). It just felt late in the season because we were feeling it all season (and discussing it). It was devastating because they contributed a big fat .0000 X 3 to the Cajuns' OWP. It was enough to drop the Cajuns double-digit spots in the final RPI rankings (vs. never having played them).

Actually, ASU's impact on the Cajuns' RPI will be lessened each week as their OWP and OOWP contribution is diluted (assuming they keep roughly the same winning %). Similar to what happened with St. Peter's. It was devastating early because the OWP contribution was incorporated into fewer games played. So, even though the OWP contribution was still .0000 at the end of the season (stunning), it was diluted somewhat compared to earlier in the season. But a .0000 OWP contribution at any point of the season is still quite hurtful.

The ASU impact on RPI is significantly better than the St. Peter's situation. But still not good.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    It was the opposite. We played them in early March before conference started. It killed our rpi all at once and at the end of the season lol
    Thank you. Yes. They came south early.

Thanks Brian. Maybe it won't be so bad. I still have a problem with Peacocks.

Make that 10 in 14. Hate that for the freshman.

Man thats good info…but confusing as sh$t lol

Appreciate the detailed explanations, Brian!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information