Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sun Belt Adding Men's Soccer, League Will Include Two SEC Schools

1. UL Soccer Sun Belt Adding Men's Soccer, League Will Include Two SEC Schools

Men's soccer will return to the Sun Belt this fall, but won't include every Sun Belt schools, and will include several SEC schools, as well as a Big 12 program.

Default Re: Sun Belt Adding Men's Soccer, League Will Include Two SEC Schools

That's forward thinking by the SBC. I bet the Marshall/West Virginia and COVID Carolina /South Carolina conference soccer games will be intense.

We can't do that here, FORGET about Louisiana getting men's soccer, the #1 sport on the planet. Can't be done, we like softball. Oh well

4. Default Re: Sun Belt Adding Men's Soccer, League Will Include Two SEC Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    We can't do that here, FORGET about Louisiana getting men's soccer, the #1 sport on the planet. Can't be done, we like softball. Oh well
    And Men’s Basketball . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I'm down for dropping basketball and adding men's soccer

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Drop Men’s basketball for 2022-2023, So we don’t have to witness this debacle of a year with a lame duck coach Marlin that no one wants or supports here anymore. Add Men’s soccer for good and then add back basketball in 23-24. Doesn’t matter either way. We still will be back to where we left off which is no where in retaining this basketball coach.

Men’s soccer will draw some good crowds and beer sales. Have a few soccer games at Cajun Field. Wouldn’t that be fun?

8. Default Re: Sun Belt Adding Men's Soccer, League Will Include Two SEC Schools

Men's Soccer could do a lot with $500G

We can't really think seriously about adding men's soccer until we get the Cajun Field renovation done. Still, makes you wonder how Coastal Carolina or GA Southern fund men's soccer but we do not. GA Southern does not have track & field/cross country. However, Coastal has same men's sports as UL, plus men's soccer. To balance it out on women's sports Coastal has beach volleyball and lacrosse. GA Southern has women's rifle. While there's a ton of men's soccer talent in Louisiana, don't know how it all translates into building a national power men's soccer team at UL. Suppose its possible some day.

Would be a day one supporter.

11. Default Re: Sun Belt Adding Men's Soccer, League Will Include Two SEC Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    We can't really think seriously about adding men's soccer until we get the Cajun Field renovation done... .
    Does mens soccer use a bigger field than the one UL has at Cajun Basin?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Would be a day one supporter.
    Ditto. Same.

To quote my old high school coach back in 1986 growing up in a small town in Acadiana when only the Lafayette schools had soccer in this area, along with BR and NOLA in the state. This coach was in his first year after leaving STM as an assistant principal. Me “Coach why don’t we play soccer here like they do in Lafayette”. Ah Krazy soccer is a p_____y sport. O ok coach. I didn’t ask any more questions and that’s th
    e extent of my soccer knowledge.

Last edited by KajunKrazy; April 8th, 2022 at 12:45 pm. Reason: We're all adults here.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    To quote my old high school coach back in 1986 growing up in a small town in Acadiana when only the Lafayette schools had soccer in this area, along with BR and NOLA in the state. This coach was in his first year after leaving STM as an assistant principal. Me “Coach why don’t we play soccer here like they do in Lafayette”. Ah Krazy soccer is a _____ sport. O ok coach. I didn’t ask any more questions and that’s the extent of my soccer knowledge.
    https://youtu.be/np8iZJzb9pU

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    To quote my old high school coach back in 1986 growing up in a small town in Acadiana when only the Lafayette schools had soccer in this area, along with BR and NOLA in the state. This coach was in his first year after leaving STM as an assistant principal. Me “Coach why don’t we play soccer here like they do in Lafayette”. Ah Krazy soccer is a _____ sport. O ok coach. I didn’t ask any more questions and that’s the extent of my soccer knowledge.
    Ahh. But softball is so much better

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information