Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: ULtra: Louisiana Athletics Launches New NIL Education and Brand Management Program

Default Re: ULtra: Louisiana Athletics Launches New NIL Education and Brand Management Program

Oy.

Default Re: ULtra: Louisiana Athletics Launches New NIL Education and Brand Management Program

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    He said Mike said this a month ago. Please send the link from a month a go not a link from yesterday. Thanks
    The link was from January. Apparently, you have reading comprehension skill issues (ACC/AAC?)

You said Mike never said it.

Post #46 from last night.

"Mike never announced this. Do you know the difference between inter and inner? I do have a few different groups that we communicate between. General sports UL group and a General softball group."

Mike. Never. Announced. This.

Your words.

That dizziness you experience isn't from vertigo, its from your constant spinning.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    The link was from January. Apparently, you have reading comprehension skill issues (ACC/AAC?)

"Mike never announced this. Do you know the difference between inter and inner? I do have a few different groups that we communicate between. General sports UL group and a General softball group."

Your words.

That dizziness you experience isn't from vertigo, its from your constant spinning.
    He said they were working on something. He never said it was a done deal or was a guarantee. He never announced this.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Still looking for him to say it is a done deal and still looking for him to say big news would be released in April? He did say they would be working on something. We also have been working on the master plan and cajun field LOL.
    “We have somebody coming in to teach these guys how to improve their brand, educate them on NIL.because obviously we can’t have our hand in that so we are bringing somebody in to educate these guys on how to use NIL to make money and that everything you do matters”
    January 12th.

Mikes not a child, he isn’t going to go on an interview and tell everyone he knows something we don’t know.

Your words.

Let me say this, and I'm not tacking anyone's position here because this thread is becoming increasingly nauseating. The subject of the NIL was discussed in my conversations with some of the football staff at the Coaches Crawfish Boil. I didn't mention it on RP because to me anything discussed so openly at such an event wasn't insider information. Clearly a number of people in attendance had this information. I can only assume it wasn't shared publicly because the university wasn't ready to make the announcement. To many in this thread, try to attend more of these events if you live locally and you won't need to depend upon anyone's supposed inside information.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Let me say this, and I'm not tacking anyone's position here because this thread is becoming increasingly nauseating. The subject of the NIL was discussed in my conversations with some of the football staff at the Coaches Crawfish Boil. I didn't mention it on RP because to me anything discussed so openly at such an event wasn't insider information. Clearly a number of people in attendance had this information. I can only assume it wasn't shared publicly because the university wasn't ready to make the announcement. To many in this thread, try to attend more of these events if you live locally and you won't need to depend upon anyone's supposed inside information.
    Appreciate your POV but I don’t think anyone is upset about not having insider information. It’s when someone comes on the board and makes threads about having insider information but doesn’t tell anyone. If you(not you) aren’t gonna tell the board then don’t start a thread in the first place. Pretty sure that’s the general consensus on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Appreciate your POV but I don’t think anyone is upset about not having insider information. It’s when someone comes on the board and makes threads about having insider information but doesn’t tell anyone. If you(not you) aren’t gonna tell the board then don’t start a thread in the first place. Pretty sure that’s the general consensus on the board.
    No I get that, but the information is not really insider if you are talking with people involved in the athletic development that are openly discussing it before it has been officially leaked. Clearly he speaks with such people on occasion. I won't speak for him, but he looks at it as pumping Cajun fans up and others look at as click bait. I would suggest a good middle ground is not to do it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    What about the other 7,887 grammatical faux paws here . . . You really don’t have a degree from Louisiana, right . . .
    Bro, you really dont need to be calling people out on grammatical errors when you write faux "PAWS" in your sentence. So, unless one of his pets has prosthetic legs, you may wanna check the spelling on that.

Yet, rather than generically respond to the thread, you chose to respond to my post.

As has been pointed out in this thread, Des made mention of this particular issue in January, on Scott's show. What about it was "inside information"?

If something was shared at a luncheon, I really don't see the harm in somebody posting it to this board. But if you don't post something that I don't know about, how should I know to care?

But I think Mullet pretty much summed it up. At the end of the day (and for the matter in the morning and in the afternoon) I'm really not concerned about the "scoop."

Let's be honest.this whole issue started between two particular posters: JMV and Vic.

I really see Vic's side of the argument now.

I've had information shared with me, but I haven't run to the board and started a teaser thread about something I know and (allegedly) nobody else does. I'm flattered these folks have shared this with me, so I would never betray their trust.

Folks have complimented Dr. Maggard on how he keeps things close to the chest, yet some folks seem to have close contact with him. My concern with this isn't that I don't know, my concern is (IMHO) "inside information" can tend to be incomplete, misleading, or simply flat-out wrong; and I think this is detrimental to the program.

Do I frequent this board? Sure, obviously to read about and discuss the Cajuns. I just don't get a chubby because (allegedly) I might know this about this coach, or I might know that about that player.

Sorry, but the only guys I'm really concerned about hearing UL sports from are Jay, Stevie P., Ian, Top, and Bobby.

10. Default Re: ULtra: Louisiana Athletics Launches New NIL Education and Brand Management Program

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Bro, you really dont need to be calling people out on grammatical errors when you write faux "PAWS" in your sentence. So, unless one of his pets has prosthetic legs, you may wanna check the spelling on that.
    It was intentional. I wanted to see who would poo poo on it. It is appropriate that it would be you.

Yet, rather than generically respond to the thread, you chose to respond to my post.

As has been pointed out in this thread, Des made mention of this particular issue in January, on Scott's show. What about it was "inside information"?

If something was shared at a luncheon, I really don't see the harm in somebody posting it to this board. But if you don't post something that I don't know about, how should I know to care?

But I think Mullet pretty much summed it up. At the end of the day (and for the matter in the morning and in the afternoon) I'm really not concerned about the "scoop."

Let's be honest.this whole issue started between two particular posters: JMV and Vic.

I've had information shared with me, but I haven't run to the board and started a teaser thread about something I know and (allegedly) nobody else does. I'm flattered these folks have shared this with me, so I would never betray their trust.

Folks have complimented Dr. Maggard on how he keeps things close to the chest, yet some folks seem to have close contact with him. My concern with this isn't that I don't know, my concern is (IMHO) "inside information" can tend to be incomplete, misleading, or simply flat-out wrong; and I think this is detrimental to the program.

Do I frequent this board? Sure, obviously to read about and discuss the Cajuns. I just don't get a chubby because (allegedly) I might know this about this coach, or I might know that about that player.

Sorry, but the only guys I'm really concerned about hearing UL sports from are Jay, Stevie P., Ian, Top, and Bobby.
    I tagged your post, it wasn't directed at you. There is a lot to unpack in your post; but rather then wasting my time on who you consider reliable sources or not, you just made my point. I never considered it as inside information and since I listen to very little talk radio in the morning or any other time. I have no idea what was stated on Scott's show.

I had lunch with an RCAF fundraiser in December along with a few other people and he mentioned this was a possibility. I never gave it another thought until recently.

Just for the record I have no issue with anyone and I haven't seen any posts from that guy in almost 6 months. Nor have I replied back directly to him. You have the wrong guys. Nice try just made yourself look bad.

I tagged your post, it wasn't directed at you. There is a lot to unpack in your post; but rather then wasting my time on who you consider reliable sources or not, you just made my point. I never considered it as inside information and since I listen to very little talk radio in the morning or any other time. I have no idea what was stated on Scott's show.

I had lunch with an RCAF fundraiser in December along with a few other people and he mentioned this was a possibility. I never gave it another thought until recently.
    That is what I am saying it was a possibility, nothing was a sure deal at that point. appreciate you T

You said we should attend more luncheons. That seemed to be your point.

I just don't get wooed over being "in the know."

You don't have to waste your time; I'll give you the summarized version.I don't care what the smarks know.

My fears have been, are, and will always be how "inside information", rumors, innuendo, and the like can have a negative affect on our program.

Have a good weekend, my friend. The guys with the information that matters will be broadcasting baseball and softball all weekend long. So we got that going for us.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    It was intentional. I wanted to see who would poo poo on it. It is appropriate that it would be you.
    LoL! Geezus, what are you, 12? "I DiD iT iNtEnTiOnALLy"
    Yeah, sure you did, buddy.sure you did.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information