Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Robe Classic

UL Baseball The Robe Classic

A friend of mine brought up this idea of doing a memorial game for Robe and I think it would be a great idea. What do y’all think?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: The Robe Classic

I can't think of a reason why not.

That’s brilliant. Let’s do it.

Excellent idea.

5. Default Re: The Robe Classic

How will this raise money? Will this game be outside of the season ticket and accordingly another gate for the year?

6. Default Re: The Robe Classic

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    How will this raise money? Will this game be outside of the season ticket and accordingly another gate for the year?
    Yes.

The Annual Robe Classic could involve two other unique invited teams and alternate between Lake Charles and Lafayette.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: The Robe Classic

Would be great if we could involve lsua&mc@br and Tulane, also. Keep it an all-Louisiana tournament!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatstAte

Play it at Miller Field in Crowley.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Play it at Miller Field in Crowley.
    I was thinking something along those lines, except Miller won't be able to handle the crowd. I remember the days of UL playing in Abbeville and at Acadian in New Iberia.

The Wally Pontiff Jr. Classic isn't done to raise money for the University or baseball team. It is done to support non-profits in the community. No doubt Robe and family would want the same in this instance.

____, man, play it in the Superdome and invite all of the state schools for an opening week extravaganza. He meant more to Louisiana baseball than everyone not named Skip Bertman.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    ____, man, play it in the Superdome and invite all of the state schools for an opening week extravaganza. He meant more to Louisiana baseball than everyone not named Skip Bertman.
    I like the way u think. However LSU would never go for that. Too much not to gain. They play cupcakes the first 4 weekends. But this is a great idea. Kinda take the place of the old Winn Dixie Classic

What would be cool is if they would do a Mardi Gras Tourney at the Tigue featuring UL and Mcneese with like 4-6 other schools. Start on Thursday and end on Monday night with a championship game.

14. Default Re: The Robe Classic

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    What would be cool is if they would do a Mardi Gras Tourney at the Tigue featuring UL and Mcneese with like 4-6 other schools. Start on Thursday and end on Monday night with a championship game.
    But, but, but there is no parking at the Tigue during Mardi Gras . . .

Skip could not hold Robe’s sun glasses. I am talking as a man. Robe was in a league of his own

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information