Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13

Thread: BB G2: Louisiana 8, Tech 6

1. Default Re: BB G2: Louisiana 8, Tech 6

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Using poor judgment to get behind the wheel while intoxicated is a ____ up. It's a mistake. You've done it along with all of us here. Every time you ____ up in your life you know there are consequences for that action.
    There is also the concept that the punishment should fit the crime.

For instance if a person gets a DUI, not letting them drive for a period of time, or perhaps having a zero alcohol policy for that person, fits the offense closer.

Unless there is the danger of undue influence on an individual or group of individuals to join in on DUI inducing circumstances, then extending the punishment to an unrelated venue (long term) is harder to justify.

jmo

Default Re: La Tech game 2

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----In all probability he will be forced by a judge to have some type of educational experience to show the gravity of what could have happened----this along with some physical conditioning and other punishments can take the place of "Off the team" type practices-----might be a turning point in his life or might not even help!
    Or it might be a bad arrest and charges are dropped. We don't know enough yet.

3. Default Re: La Tech game 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Or it might be a bad arrest and charges are dropped. We don't know enough yet.
    There are many, many, many different reasons why chargers of this nature end up being dropped . . .

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Using poor judgment to get behind the wheel while intoxicated is a ____ up. It's a mistake. You've done it along with all of us here. Every time you ____ up in your life you know there are consequences for that action.
    Never said it wasn’t, just that it isn’t just a ____ up. I’ve never gotten behind the wheel drunk or high.

I admit I’m younger than most of you and it’s been drilled into me since before I drove not to drink and drive.

I’m a decade older then the player who is alleged to have the DUI. It’s been drilled into him too.

Default Re: BB G2: Louisiana 8, Tech 6

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

For instance if a person gets a DUI, not letting them drive for a period of time, or perhaps having a zero alcohol policy for that person, fits the offense closer.

Unless there is the danger of undue influence on an individual or group of individuals to join in on DUI inducing circumstances, then extending the punishment to an unrelated venue (long term) is harder to justify.

jmo
    The law already states this

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----In all probability he will be forced by a judge to have some type of educational experience to show the gravity of what could have happened----this along with some physical conditioning and other punishments can take the place of "Off the team" type practices-----might be a turning point in his life or might not even help!
    I think we are in agreement Boom. I'm just calling out all those hypocritical __'s who think they are above college kids.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Never said it wasn’t, just that it isn’t just a ____ up. I’ve never gotten behind the wheel drunk or high.

I admit I’m younger than most of you and it’s been drilled into me since before I drove not to drink and drive.

I’m a decade older then the player who is alleged to have the DUI. It’s been drilled into him too.
    So, you've never gotten behind the wheel after having a couple of drinks? You saint

Default Re: BB G2: Louisiana 8, Tech 6

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

jmo
    This is within the law. These measures are taken upon conviction. I'm just saying that all of us here have been guilty of this whether we were caught or not.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13

Thread Information