Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sortable stats for Sun Belt Baseball '22

Default Re: Sortable stats for Sun Belt Baseball '22

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Isnt this team built on offense?
    That's what we were told before the season. I watched us scrimmage LSU at the Box last fall. I thought we looked a about same at the plate and a little worse on the mound. That was optimistic, as it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I absolutely do agree more small ball, run manufacturing is needed, especially situationally. Sometimes we don't execute though, like last night.

In the 7th we tried to squeeze home a run from third with two outs and Robertson popped up the bunt. We are not good enough bunting for it to be reliable. Maybe Deggs thinks we can't dependably lay down bunts, so we need to swing away, which we really suck at too.

Robe said many times "Either a guy can hit or he can't". Stats say we can't hit, but I wish we could.

Roccaforte can flat hit. Doesn't matter if it is home or away, day or night, hot or cold. He flat hits, but he is largely by himself with zero protection in the lineup. Kimple also, but to a lessor degree.
    I went to bed after they blew it open 6-3. The only bunt attempt I recall was after hacking at it, was when he put the bunt on with 2 strikes and fouled it back to the screen. Is that what you are referring to? My thoughts and I am not at practice is if you've got a team that cannot lay down the bunt across the board then you just do not practice it enough. I am sure Robe didn't go out and recruit bunters but his teams could all lay it down when needed.

That's what we were told before the season. I watched us scrimmage LSU at the Box last fall. I thought we looked a about same at the plate and a little worse on the mound. That was optimistic, as it turns out.
    I did not go to that scrimmage but everyone I talked to said we crushed the ball in baton rouge. One was the assistant head coaches brother and I think jay said the same in an interview. I take you did not see the same?

In the lineup tonight we have a total of 1 guy hitting above .300, 2 guys hitting .290, and the other 6 hitting below .280. Rincones, possibly our “hottest” hitter is still below .200 on the year. AND, as a team we have the fewest walks in the conference.

The name of the game is get into a regional… after that anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    The name of the game is get into a regional… after that anything can happen.
    You can not do that with a .500 record. And we have not strung together enough wins in a row at this point of the season to make anyone believe we can do that in a tournament format. I hope they can prove me wrong, but anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I did not go to that scrimmage but everyone I talked to said we crushed the ball in baton rouge. One was the assistant head coaches brother and I think jay said the same in an interview. I take you did not see the same?
    That was not what what I saw. One game was close. One game we got blown out, as I recall.

They may have described their hopes and dreams. I came back and told my kid "We still suck."

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    You can not do that with a .500 record. And we have not strung together enough wins in a row at this point of the season to make anyone believe we can do that in a tournament format. I hope they can prove me wrong, but anything can happen.
    Nobody is going to a regional with the worst offense in the conference.

I went to bed after they blew it open 6-3. The only bunt attempt I recall was after hacking at it, was when he put the bunt on with 2 strikes and fouled it back to the screen. Is that what you are referring to? My thoughts and I am not at practice is if you've got a team that cannot lay down the bunt across the board then you just do not practice it enough. I am sure Robe didn't go out and recruit bunters but his teams could all lay it down when needed.
    Top 7th. 2 outs. Marusak on 3rd. TR pops up to C to end the inning.

On a two strike bunt attempt that would have been an out regardless of the catcher making the play.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    On a two strike bunt attempt that would have been an out regardless of the catcher making the play.
    Correct.

Right and no attempt on strikes 1 or 2. Head scratcher.

13. Default Re: Sortable stats for Sun Belt Baseball '22

Right and no attempt on strikes 1 or 2. Head scratcher.
    The art of surprise . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The art of surprise . . .
    More like grasping at straws.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information