Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Glasco needs to go. (NOT)

Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Rick, I agree with this assessment. Our freshmen players seem to have matured some defensively, and both starting pitchers seem improved in the sense that both have cut down on letting the last pitch affect the next pitch, therefore cutting down on innings with multiple walks or HBP and removing some of the defensive pressure on the young players. Schorman seems better in a relief role than as a starter, and having three pitchers we can depend on in the regular season is going to really help us come tournament time, if only because our starters won't be suffering arm fatigue to the extent most softball pitchers do toward the end of seasons. Big concerns for me are few. First, while Sophie is lights out as a defensive catcher and hits very well, she lacks arm strength; the better teams we play are going to run on us. Second, we really don't have another every day catcher if Sophie gets hurt. Third, Campbell is a defensive liability. I know we have to have her bat in the lineup, but I would like to see Stormy try 3rd and put Heath at first and DP Campbell. Or perhaps Mayeau at third Stormy at second and Heath at first with Campbell at DP. Roman is our best defensive first baseman, but who can we take out of the hitting lineup to make room for her?
    Hopefully the incoming kid from Illinois can catch and Sophie can move to 3rd. To me that would be ideal. Regardless we need two more catchers on the roster next year. Would be nice for Sophie to man third and catch every third game and the other catcher could catch two games in a row before getting a break.

Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I'm hoping what we saw this past weekend is the turning point in the season. That was the best 3 game series we've seen this year against the 2nd best hitting team in the SBC. NOTE: They were the 2nd best before this past weekend, but after going 7 or 60 (117 avg.) they have dropped into a tie for 4th place.

Pitching has picked up a notch, especially with Kandra looking like the pitcher than ended the season last year.

Once Sam settles into a game, she looks very tough. I do worry that Piskos struggles fielding her pitches at times, though that's likely due to the variety of pitches she uses.

Looks like we've settled into using 3 pitchers, with Schorman coming in relief and Heath likely used to provide relief innings when able.

No idea about team chemistry with the 4 players leaving, but it must be OK because Gerry mentioned how well the team is playing together after wrapping up the Troy series.
    Slick the team chemistry is great. The best it has been all season.

Default Re: Glasco needs to go. (NOT)

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    How about Stormy at 3rd, Alexa at SS, Mel at 2nd and Campbell at 1st? Du42 mentioned Campbell at 1st a week ago. That may work if Stormy can handle 3rd.

Roman is batting 339 in a reserve role.

I wouldn't play Heath anywhere in the field as she is the 4th pitcher, so we have to limit the chances of her getting hurt.
    That's a pretty good setup, assuming, as you said, Stormy can play 3rd. She's not bad at first, but I don't like a short first baseman, small target. Also, do you think that Ari is out of the picture, and just a spot player and pinch runner?

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    That's a pretty good setup, assuming, as you said, Stormy can play 3rd. She's not bad at first, but I don't like a short first baseman, small target. Also, do you think that Ari is out of the picture, and just a spot player and pinch runner?
    We lost two of our best pinch runners in Keen and Izard so Ari will definitely be used more in that role. If Campbell stays at 3rd then I could see Ari playing as a late inning defensive replacement once we get a lead. In the few times that Stormy has been at 3rd she has played well. The bottom line is Campbell will play somewhere because of her bat.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    We lost two of our best pinch runner in Keen and Izard so Ari will definitely be used more in that role. If Campbell stays at 3rd then I could see Ari playing as a late inning defensive replacement once we get a lead. In the few times that Stormy has been at 3rd she has played well. The bottom line is Campbell will play somewhere because of her bat.
    Speaking of bats, will we see O'Neal this season?

Where is Taylor Roman? Is she out with an injury?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    She is on the team. She is good to play.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Speaking of bats, will we see O'Neal this season?
    Yes. She is staying behind on this upcoming road trip to continue working on her rehab, etc. Should be ready for the stretch run of the season. Just a guess of mine, probably 3 weeks away.

JMVCajun or others can correct me, the problem for Roman right now is she is still wearing a knee brace, so she doesn't have the range of Heath and Graeter in right, both are hitting well too. She is also not as good defensively at 1st base as Kotzeinick that is crushing the ball this season. So Coach Glasco is trying to find ABs for Romain at DP when he can.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    JMVCajun or others can correct me, the problem for Roman right now is she is still wearing a knee brace, so she doesn't have the range of Heath and Graeter in right, both are hitting well too. She is also not as good defensively at 1st base as Kotzeinick that is crushing the ball this season. So Coach Glasco is trying to find ABs for Romain at DP when he can.
    I don't think she was wearing the brace last weekend. I think she's not starting or playing much because she's not hitting and others are, particularly Heath at DP. It's a matter of starting the hottest players.

When Roman has played lately, it has generally been as a defensive replacement at first base in the late innings of ball games. She does usually come in as a pinch hitter in those cases, so it is unclear whether she is coming in for offense or defense.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    When Roman has played lately, it has generally been as a defensive replacement at first base in the late innings of ball games. She does usually come in as a pinch hitter in those cases, so it is unclear whether she is coming in for offense or defense.
    From what I can tell VO, she's not a defensive replacement, but a late inning replacement. She is not better at 1st base than Kotzeinick. But I couldn't remember if she was still wearing the knee brace.

I think she is, T.

The problem with Taylor is she continues to “ step in the bucket” which means she bails out her low half before swinging. It’s a bad habit that she got away with while younger. It is causing a lot of holes in her swing. She has 3 more years to work on that but it’s limiting her time this year. If she can get over that hump, I think she can lead the country in HRs…

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    The problem with Taylor is she continues to “ step in the bucket” which means she bails out her low half before swinging. It’s a bad habit that she got away with while younger. It is causing a lot of holes in her swing. She has 3 more years to work on that but it’s limiting her time this year. If she can get over that hump, I think she can lead the country in HRs…
    Yes, as I stated previously, she doesn't have many solid hits. Didn't know the reason, but your assessment of her current swing makes sense.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information