Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Glasco needs to go. (NOT)

1. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsnation View Post
    Like I stated your statement is not valid. Your current statement is still not valid. My credentials are fine. Quit assuming. It’s making you look clueless.
    Ok

Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    Think about the timeline for a minute. Glasco signs with UL in Nov. of 2017. The new recruiting rule goes into effect in Sept. of 2018. After signing with UL, he immediately starts building his roster utilizing the portal and following up with Lotief’s recruits. His season starts in Feb. of 2018 so he can’t recruit during the season. After the season is over in May of 2018, he is looking at 2019 recruits and 2020 recruits as immediate stop gaps in the 4 month span before the new rule takes effect. If he had time to lock down several 2021 recruits and knew what money he would have available to offer them the way he was utilizing the portal, then he was a magician to do all of that in the 10 month period from when he was hired to the time that the new recruiting rule took effect. Remember, before Nov. of 2017, he was recruiting for Auburn and for Texas A&M identifying recruits for them and making offers to PSA’s they had identified.
    Abracadabra....

3. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    Think about the timeline for a minute. Glasco signs with UL in Nov. of 2017. The new recruiting rule goes into effect in Sept. of 2018. After signing with UL, he immediately starts building his roster utilizing the portal and following up with Lotief’s recruits. His season starts in Feb. of 2018 so he can’t recruit during the season. After the season is over in May of 2018, he is looking at 2019 recruits and 2020 recruits as immediate stop gaps in the 4 month span before the new rule takes effect. If he had time to lock down several 2021 recruits and knew what money he would have available to offer them the way he was utilizing the portal, then he was a magician to do all of that in the 10 month period from when he was hired to the time that the new recruiting rule took effect. Remember, before Nov. of 2017, he was recruiting for Auburn and for Texas A&M identifying recruits for them and making offers to PSA’s they had identified.
    Mark, your post sets things out pretty clear but some people just can't comprehend things the way they are (or were at that point in time) or just too Glasco blind to understand the impossibility that Glasco was recruiting the 2021 class in 2018. They don't really understand the shat show that he walked into in Nov. of 2017 and the last thing on his mind at that point in time was trying to make contact with a bunch of freshmen in high school to secure a commitment from them before the new recruiting rule took effect in Sept. of 2018. It's comical that people are even going to argue that yet here we are with a bunch of clueless Ricks arguing that Glasco secured commitments from girls to play at UL before he even became the coach at UL. Glasco really is a magic man to do that. Abracadabra!

What I find even funnier is that some of the people posting on this thread praising the coaching intellect of Glasco are the same people in another thread criticizing many of the coaching decisions he made in the loss to McNeese on 4/6. One day he is the King. The next day he is a bum.

1. It’s hard to ignore the fact that most of those who want Glasco out are coincidentally also big ML fans. I loved the Cajuns then & I love them now, we can’t change the past so onward we move. The argument for wanting him gone because we haven’t made it beyond a regional in his tenure is a bit short-sighted. College softball is very very different now than it was 7 years ago. We now have the transfer portal, schools & conferences have decided to invest $$ into softball, majority of games are streamed/televised, and who could forget covid year + additional eligibility. All of these factors, excluding the covid part, have impacted college softball positively. We should all be happy that it means there’s been growth of the women’s game. What it also means is competition is better across the board, so there’s more parity now than there’s ever been, making it harder for all perennial softball teams to continue their dominance. Cajuns have been in the regional final every year since Gerry got here. I want to win & go to OKC every year just like we all do but you cannot overlook the fact that it’s gotten much much harder to get there than in the past. Cajuns achieve on a mid-major budget what lots of P5 programs only wish they could achieve. I disagree with some of his coaching decisions but he’s the guy for now & I would love to see who people would want to replace him {genuinely curious to see their list of candidates}. People complained when our team was majority transfers, now we have a team of Cajun freshman & some people are unhappy that it means we’re in a rebuild-he will never please everyone. But if you don’t get excited about this Cajun team & all of our potential then idk what to tell ya.

2. And tbf, if I was a fan of l*u I'd probably be calling for Torina’s job too lol. That program will not get a natty as long as she’s there. If she couldn’t win it those years they had the deadly combo of Hoover + Walljasper, she never will. I’ll die on that hill until she can prove me wrong but it ain't happening.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Quote Originally Posted by mun_RaginCajuns View Post
    1. It’s hard to ignore the fact that most of those who want Glasco out are coincidentally also big ML fans. I loved the Cajuns then & I love them now, we can’t change the past so onward we move. The argument for wanting him gone because we haven’t made it beyond a regional in his tenure is a bit short-sighted. College softball is very very different now than it was 7 years ago. We now have the transfer portal, schools & conferences have decided to invest $$ into softball, majority of games are streamed/televised, and who could forget covid year + additional eligibility. All of these factors, excluding the covid part, have impacted college softball positively. We should all be happy that it means there’s been growth of the women’s game. What it also means is competition is better across the board, so there’s more parity now than there’s ever been, making it harder for all perennial softball teams to continue their dominance. Cajuns have been in the regional final every year since Gerry got here. I want to win & go to OKC every year just like we all do but you cannot overlook the fact that it’s gotten much much harder to get there than in the past. Cajuns achieve on a mid-major budget what lots of P5 programs only wish they could achieve. I disagree with some of his coaching decisions but he’s the guy for now & I would love to see who people would want to replace him {genuinely curious to see their list of candidates}. People complained when our team was majority transfers, now we have a team of Cajun freshman & some people are unhappy that it means we’re in a rebuild-he will never please everyone. But if you don’t get excited about this Cajun team & all of our potential then idk what to tell ya.

2. And tbf, if I was a fan of l*u I'd probably be calling for Torina’s job too lol. That program will not get a natty as long as she’s there. If she couldn’t win it those years they had the deadly combo of Hoover + Walljasper, she never will. I’ll die on that hill until she can prove me wrong but it ain't happening.

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    Big E speaking straight facts!

* The Cajuns roster is at 18 players with Mayeau being the only senior. At season end they will stand at 17 players with 6 signed coming on board. That leaves the team at 23. Out of the 23 some will leave at the end of fall ball and after the season ending exit interviews some will hit the transfer portal when they aren't asked to return. With that being said Coach Glasco is killing it on the recruiting trail but he will have a little wiggle room to add a few transfers. Still folks (mainly ML croonies) will find something to _____ about. Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Mark, your post sets things out pretty clear but some people just can't comprehend things the way they are (or were at that point in time) or just too Glasco blind to understand the impossibility that Glasco was recruiting the 2021 class in 2018. They don't really understand the shat show that he walked into in Nov. of 2017 and the last thing on his mind at that point in time was trying to make contact with a bunch of freshmen in high school to secure a commitment from them before the new recruiting rule took effect in Sept. of 2018. It's comical that people are even going to argue that yet here we are with a bunch of clueless Ricks arguing that Glasco secured commitments from girls to play at UL before he even became the coach at UL. Glasco really is a magic man to do that. Abracadabra!

What I find even funnier is that some of the people posting on this thread praising the coaching intellect of Glasco are the same people in another thread criticizing many of the coaching decisions he made in the loss to McNeese on 4/6. One day he is the King. The next day he is a bum.
    Ok, so no girls who were committing when they were 8th and 9th graders, before the rule governing recruiting changed, kept their commit. Is that what you and Mark are saying?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Ok, so no girls who were committing when they were 8th and 9th graders, before the rule governing recruiting changed, kept their commit. Is that what you and Mark are saying?
    Slick what are you asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsnation View Post
    Like I stated your statement is not valid. Your current statement is still not valid. My credentials are fine. Quit assuming. It’s making you look clueless.
    Mark Hemphill has never been, or looked clueless when it comes to softball.

So anyone who disagrees with Glasco have to be ML croonies. GTFOH with that b---sh-- thinking. If we are so ML diehards why are we still buying tickets and donating our money to the program. I'll help you maybe we are fans. Just like fans that questions coaches of other UL athletic programs.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    That is correct!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    So anyone who disagrees with Glasco have to be ML croonies. GTFOH with that b---sh-- thinking. If we are so ML diehards why are we still buying tickets and donating our money to the program. I'll help you maybe we are fans. Just like fans that questions coaches of other UL athletic programs.
    The problem with most ML fans is they don't like Gerry because he is the first non alum to coach here. Everyone wants us to hire Boudreaux and Thibodeaux not Smith or Jones. I have never doubted your support for the team or your service to our country. I did say mainly ML folks are the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Everyone wants us to hire Boudreaux and Thibodeaux not Smith or Jones.
    Uh, not everyone. I don’t need to be able to touch the cloak of parochialism.

Our past is full of “Bubbas” that weren’t great.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Uh, not everyone. I don’t need to be able to touch the cloak of parochialism.

Our past is full of “Bubbas” that weren’t great.
    Zoom let me rephrase that. Everyone of the ML croonies LOL.

14. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    This is correct. However, It was wrong information to state that Glasco did not recruit Eschete, Landry, Falterman and Graeter in Jan of 2018. In the midst of getting ready for the 2018 season. He also committed Hayden in March and Kandra Lamb in January of 2018. Along with Mya Davis 2022. And Cecelia Vasques. And also Brittany Rodriguez and Brittany Holland. An amazing 2-3 months between December and February that changed the future of the program.

All because staff knew rule change was coming that summer and they wanted to lock down a good class before what they expected to be a really bad season due to the situation of program at that time. And none of these played for any past or current coach of Cajuns. But many of them played for or were referred to Glasco by former Cajun baseball star Nathan Nelson. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunduckman View Post
    This is correct. However, It was wrong information to state that Glasco did not recruit Eschete, Landry, Falterman and Graeter in Jan of 2018. In the midst of getting ready for the 2018 season. He also committed Hayden in March and Kandra Lamb in January of 2018. Along with Mya Davis 2022. And Cecelia Vasques. And also Brittany Rodriguez and Brittany Holland. An amazing 2-3 months between December and February that changed the future of the program.

All because staff knew rule change was coming that summer and they wanted to lock down a good class before what they expected to be a really bad season due to the situation of program at that time. And none of these played for any past or current coach of Cajuns. But many of them played for or were referred to Glasco by former Cajun baseball star Nathan Nelson. End of story.
    Can you expand on changed the future of the program?

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information