Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Glasco needs to go. (NOT)

Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSun View Post
    I have been watching this team for some time.
    The post above + the post below = does not compute.

It's obvious what's going on here. Get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSun View Post
    I don’t know this Mike guy

2. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    The post above + the post below = does not compute.
    Zing

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsnation View Post
    Not valid…. Every one of the 21’ class was recruited by Glasco. And Coach Lacy did not coach any of them.
    That's what I thought. A good many of that class had committed to him before that rule was put in place. May hear a few others in the know clarify this issue.

A little off topic but, it seems like SB tickets are $3.50 with $11 service fees. I would rather give that $11 to UL. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    A little off topic but, it seems like SB tickets are $3.50 with $11 service fees. I would rather give that $11 to UL. Any suggestions?
    Purchase your tickets at the cajundome box office or kiosk at the UL sports venue you are attending. You will pay a small fee, but nothing on the order of what you pay online via ticketmaster.

You guys ever thought yeah it’s Mike, but not THAT Mike? Also, Buckley is now in the “inner circle of UL hatred”. Just sayin’

Not valid…. Every one of the 21’ class was recruited by Glasco. And Coach Lacy did not coach any of them.
    Did she coach them when they were younger?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    Officially? 2020. They couldn't even talk offers with Glasco until September of their Junior year. I checked and the recruiting rule change went into effect in 2018. Doubtful that any of the 2021 class was recruited by Glasco to attend UL prior to that date since he didn't get to UL until 2018 and pretty sure none of those girls were committed to Lotief at that point in time and stayed the course. Glasco might have recruited a couple of them when he was at A&M but not all of them. Remember, Glasco was at Auburn when UL hired him. Most of the 2021 signees played travel ball for Lacy when she was coaching in the Hotshots organization so that's the likely connection you are looking for. There is nothing stopping a potential student athlete from announcing any time prior to her junior year in high school that she is going to attend a certain school but that is a one sided commitment. The coach or the school can't acknowledge it and the potential student athlete can't know what she is going to get athletic money wise because the coach isn't allowed to discuss it with her or her family or her representative unless she is a junior in high school. So unless the PSA is a die hard fan of a particular school dead set on going to that school or a legacy athlete, why make an announcement of attendance prior to your junior year?
    Mark, why do almost all of the girls on the top travel ball teams commit early and typically sign with the teams to which they commited?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Mark, why do almost all of the girls on the top travel ball teams commit early and typically sign with the teams to which they commited?
    Great question. I am not Mark, but girls are way more loyal than guys.

10. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Did she coach them when they were younger?
    No JMV. She did help coach a Hotshots team but those kids were from Louisiana for the most part. This group was coached by 3X All American (Texas AM) Melissa Dumezich and Tulane Alum Troy Falterman.

No JMV. She did help coach a Hotshots team but those kids were from Louisiana for the most part. This group was coached by 3X All American (Texas AM) Melissa Dumezich and Tulane Alum Troy Falterman.
    I didn't think she did, was just asking. I really enjoyed the post that you have posted so far. I believe I know you and maybe have even meet.

12. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Not valid? What does that even mean? I would advise you to re-read my post. I was responding to someone who asked when the 2021 class officially committed. Of course Glasco had a hand in recruiting the 2021 class but I seriously doubt that he recruited any of them to attend UL prior to 2020 since that would be an NCAA violation. And I would bet money that since half of the 2021 class played for Hotshot-Dumezich, they were identified by Lacy as recruitable PSA’s through her prior connections with the Hotshot organization. You telling me that Glasco just found a Hotshot connection on his own to recruit 5 girls off the same 18-U team? If you have inside Hotshot travel ball knowledge, put your credentials out there to verify your knowledge.

13. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Not valid? What does that even mean? I would advise you to re-read my post. I was responding to someone who asked when the 2021 class officially committed. Of course Glasco had a hand in recruiting the 2021 class but I seriously doubt that he recruited any of them to attend UL prior to 2020 since that would be an NCAA violation. And I would bet money that since half of the 2021 class played for Hotshot-Dumezich, they were identified by Lacy as recruitable PSA’s through her prior connections with the Hotshot organization. You telling me that Glasco just found a Hotshot connection on his own to recruit 5 girls off the same 18-U team? If you have inside Hotshot travel ball knowledge, put your credentials out there to verify your knowledge.
    Like I stated your statement is not valid. Your current statement is still not valid. My credentials are fine. Quit assuming. It’s making you look clueless.

6 girls. 5 currently on the team.

15. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    That's what I thought. A good many of that class had committed to him before that rule was put in place. May hear a few others in the know clarify this issue.
    Think about the timeline for a minute. Glasco signs with UL in Nov. of 2017. The new recruiting rule goes into effect in Sept. of 2018. After signing with UL, he immediately starts building his roster utilizing the portal and following up with Lotief’s recruits. His season starts in Feb. of 2018 so he can’t recruit during the season. After the season is over in May of 2018, he is looking at 2019 recruits and 2020 recruits as immediate stop gaps in the 4 month span before the new rule takes effect. If he had time to lock down several 2021 recruits and knew what money he would have available to offer them the way he was utilizing the portal, then he was a magician to do all of that in the 10 month period from when he was hired to the time that the new recruiting rule took effect. Remember, before Nov. of 2017, he was recruiting for Auburn and for Texas A&M identifying recruits for them and making offers to PSA’s they had identified.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information