Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Glasco needs to go. (NOT)

Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

From coming into a program out of sorts to personal loss to Covid, Glasco has had his hands full since taking over. Yeah, it’s a messy year, NCAA messed everyone up with the Covid bonus year. Dependent on the replacement cycle, some teams benefited more than others. NCAA had a golden opportunity to have a teachable moment for STUDENT athletes, the importance of an education and no special rule. So be it.

Glasco will be fine, he knows how to get to the promised land.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsnation View Post
    Glasco needs to go?

So we must be dealing with one of three things.
    1. Disgruntled parent/player who is not good enough to play for the Cajuns. It happens. Playing for the Cajuns is not for everyone.
    2. Disgruntled former coach who is trying to create problems because misery loves company.
    3. Or a fan with an opinion who is just completely clueless about the game.

Opinions are great. However, calling for his job with his first recruiting class finally arriving on scene is a bit irrational. Not to mention being 23-9 with 6-7 freshman in the lineup every game is extremely solid in D1 sports. He is still trying to find the identity of his team and his first recruiting class. Please do not forget he inherited a program that was in complete disarray when he took over in 2018 and still won the conference. I will also say that no one wanted the job but Gerry Glasco after that mess was created. That takes courage and confidence to step in knowing he had a challenge in front of him. I honestly think Coach Glasco saved the program from a huge set back. He is a great man and a man of integrity and honor that some do not understand. He has been offered Power 5 jobs and has stayed loyal to the Ragin Cajuns Community which is the best in the country. The parity in softball is ridiculous today. So if you are going off of losing to Texas St in the 3rd game of the series after winning the first two then you are completely out of the loop. Since taking over the job Coach Glasco is 181-49. Four conference championships. Two conference tournament championships and 2X coach of the year. Pretty impressive. Professionally he was 96-46 with 3 Cowles Cup Championships. Again, pretty impressive I would say. But we want to talk about Glasco needs to go, and development because of a loss to Texas St.. Tap the breaks. He's one of the best coaches in the country and a great man that develops these student athletes into awesome young ladies with confidence and character. We all want to win, but let's not miss the bigger picture here.
    No, I think you nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    From coming into a program out of sorts to personal loss to Covid, Glasco has had his hands full since taking over. Yeah, it’s a messy year, NCAA messed everyone up with the Covid bonus year. Dependent on the replacement cycle, some teams benefited more than others. NCAA had a golden opportunity to have a teachable moment for STUDENT athletes, the importance of an education and no special rule. So be it.

Glasco will be fine, he knows how to get to the promised land.
    Let's not forget in 2020 we probably would have been in the conversation of winning the wcws.

Glasco needs to go?

1. Disgruntled parent/player who is not good enough to play for the Cajuns. It happens. Playing for the Cajuns is not for everyone.
    2. Disgruntled former coach who is trying to create problems because misery loves company.

Opinions are great. However, calling for his job with his first recruiting class finally arriving on scene is a bit irrational. Not to mention being 23-9 with 6-7 freshman in the lineup every game is extremely solid in D1 sports. He is still trying to find the identity of his team and his first recruiting class. Please do not forget he inherited a program that was in complete disarray when he took over in 2018 and still won the conference. I will also say that no one wanted the job but Gerry Glasco after that mess was created. That takes courage and confidence to step in knowing he had a challenge in front of him. I honestly think Coach Glasco saved the program from a huge set back. He is a great man and a man of integrity and honor that some do not understand. He has been offered Power 5 jobs and has stayed loyal to the Ragin Cajuns Community which is the best in the country. The parity in softball is ridiculous today. So if you are going off of losing to Texas St in the 3rd game of the series after winning the first two then you are completely out of the loop. Since taking over the job Coach Glasco is 181-49. Four conference championships. Two conference tournament championships and 2X coach of the year. Pretty impressive. Professionally he was 96-46 with 3 Cowles Cup Championships. Again, pretty impressive I would say. But we want to talk about Glasco needs to go, and development because of a loss to Texas St.. Tap the breaks. He's one of the best coaches in the country and a great man that develops these student athletes into awesome young ladies with confidence and character. We all want to win, but let's not miss the bigger picture here.
    Thank you for this excellent summation of Gerry's time here and his career. Also, the spot on characterization of Mr. CajunSun. Loved it!

5. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

I guess Fat Albert’s didn’t work out.

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandeauxCajun View Post
    I guess Fat Albert’s didn’t work out.
    Hey Hey Hey, This thread needs to go!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSun View Post
    I am not going to argue that…timing is questionable, but I don’t like the 3 out of 4 in Texas “ain’t bad mindset”. I hope like everyone else that they improve and get better. I have just yet to see that improvement.

This banter with y’all, though is what makes Cajun Nation great.
    Mike is this you?

Quote Originally Posted by cajungmg View Post
    Mike is this you?
    You know it is.

I really think 2020 was our year with the 1-2 pitching duo of Elysson and Kleist.

Great pitching usually beats great hitting and all the top ranked teams can hit. That was our year and it was unfortunate how it played out with covid. We depended on Ellyson for a long time but were not able to really start to get over that hump until we had multiple big time experienced pitchers. Just my very amateur softball opinion but that is the difference between top 25 and top 10. We had that in 2020 and don’t have it now.

I’m excited to see what Glasco does with this team over the next few years. 2020 should have been a special season and now we have to build back up to that with experience and fitting all the puzzle pieces together.

10. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Yep, I remembered it had changed to the earliest being some time in their junior year in HS. I do find the timing for this change a little suspicious since it happened right around when we tallied up a top recruiting year, some polls had us as No. 1.
    Lol. Just a little off with your timing. This rule change went into effect like in 2017. That nefarious NCAA changed the rule because they knew the Cajuns would eventually have a No. 1 recruiting class.

11. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Thanks! Very informative post.

What happens when said university coaching staff member is also the travel ball coach?
    I don’t believe coaching staff can also coach travel ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    Lol. Just a little off with your timing. This rule change went into effect like in 2017. That nefarious NCAA changed the rule because they knew the Cajuns would eventually have a No. 1 recruiting class.
    When did the 2021 class commit Ole wise one?

Glasco needs to go?

VERY WELL SAID!

This is a place for Ragin' Cajun fans to post, whether that be positive or negative comments. Those posts are then open to remarks (as is mine).

The goal of this place is/should be for our (OUR) fans to show their support of the program. Sometimes that comes in a negative fashion, but if that is to right a wrong it is ultimately a positive post. Ok, enough of me posting before my first cup of coffee!

14. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    When did the 2021 class commit Ole wise one?
    Officially? 2020. They couldn't even talk offers with Glasco until September of their Junior year. I checked and the recruiting rule change went into effect in 2018. Doubtful that any of the 2021 class was recruited by Glasco to attend UL prior to that date since he didn't get to UL until 2018 and pretty sure none of those girls were committed to Lotief at that point in time and stayed the course. Glasco might have recruited a couple of them when he was at A&M but not all of them. Remember, Glasco was at Auburn when UL hired him. Most of the 2021 signees played travel ball for Lacy when she was coaching in the Hotshots organization so that's the likely connection you are looking for. There is nothing stopping a potential student athlete from announcing any time prior to her junior year in high school that she is going to attend a certain school but that is a one sided commitment. The coach or the school can't acknowledge it and the potential student athlete can't know what she is going to get athletic money wise because the coach isn't allowed to discuss it with her or her family or her representative unless she is a junior in high school. So unless the PSA is a die hard fan of a particular school dead set on going to that school or a legacy athlete, why make an announcement of attendance prior to your junior year?

15. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    Officially? 2020. They couldn't even talk offers with Glasco until September of their Junior year. I checked and the recruiting rule change went into effect in 2018. Doubtful that any of the 2021 class was recruited by Glasco to attend UL prior to that date since he didn't get to UL until 2018 and pretty sure none of those girls were committed to Lotief at that point in time and stayed the course. Glasco might have recruited a couple of them when he was at A&M but not all of them. Remember, Glasco was at Auburn when UL hired him. Most of the 2021 signees played travel ball for Lacy when she was coaching in the Hotshots organization so that's the likely connection you are looking for. There is nothing stopping a potential student athlete from announcing any time prior to her junior year in high school that she is going to attend a certain school but that is a one sided commitment. The coach or the school can't acknowledge it and the potential student athlete can't know what she is going to get athletic money wise because the coach isn't allowed to discuss it with her or her family or her representative unless she is a junior in high school. So unless the PSA is a die hard fan of a particular school dead set on going to that school or a legacy athlete, why make an announcement of attendance prior to your junior year?
    Not valid…. Every one of the 21’ class was recruited by Glasco. And Coach Lacy did not coach any of them.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information