Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Glasco needs to go. (NOT)

Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I'm pretty sure I was treated pretty bad in my playing days not that it makes it right. Why should I have a problem with assistant coaches they don't drive the ship the ultimate responsibilities fall on the head man. But whenever someone disagrees with the great Glasco we must be Lotief supporters I guess if I have a problem with Des I'm a Baldwin or Hud supporter and I definitely have a problem with Marlin so I'm an Evans supporter is this how it works on this board. Please educate me.
    ML situation is different than any other former/ex coach comparison. You should know that. Yes, fan forums are there to express opinions, but there will be rebuttals. That's what makes the world go round. Peace out.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSun View Post
    I don’t know about the rest of you, but Glasco leaves little to be desired. He is more of a game manager than a coach…and not a good one at that. He plays not to lose in tight situations and ALOT of these girls are not developing like they should be. It’s infuriating to watch.
    "leaves little to be desired" means you like him.

Is it just me, or is the timing curious on this thread, considering the team just went 3-1 on the road beating a ranked team and winning another series, this time against one of the favorites to win the league?

I think Turbine should start a thread "Bash coaches here..." Enforce it with 5 day ban, and it would probably make clean up easier for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    So you're saying fans that donate their hard earned money can't have an opinion on an opinion board. Yea that makes a lot of since. The good ole boy mentality if you don't do or say what I want you should leave.
    Ok. So here's a similar example for you. You are the manager of a grocery store. I go there a few times per month to buy a particular product. This month it isn't there and I keep going to check for it to be restocked. After 2 weeks, I ask you when it will be restocked. You tell me it's been ordered but you don't know when it will come in. I don't like that and feel that it's your responsibility to make sure an item I buy frequently is there when I want it. If you can't provide an item for which I am paying, you should be fired and someone else get the chance to satisfy me.

This is what CajunSun is recommending. The problem isn't the dissatisfaction with the product or service, it's the solution to the "problem."

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Is it just me, or is the timing curious on this thread, considering the team just went 3-1 on the road beating a ranked team and winning another series, this time against one of the favorites to win the league?
    Beat me to it Jay! Glasco also said he would be satisfied with going 3 or 4 last week. Mullens (Tx State pitcher on Friday and Sunday) is an all-conference pitcher and it showed. Our young hitters will improve against the better college pitchers with more experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Incorrect statement. Coaches cannot have any contact to discuss recruiting, either directly with a potential student athlete or through an intermediary (i.e. travel ball coach, high school coach, booster, etc.) until September of their Junior year. Potential recruits can attend camps being held on campus but again, if they attend before September of their Junior year, coaches cannot discuss anything recruitment wise with them while they are attending the camp. They can only discuss instructional information with recruits younger that their Junior year. I am familiar with this because my grand-daughter is going through this process right now. In regards to Glasco, I am undecided right now if he is the right person to lead this program. He has had experienced talent the past couple of years and not done anything with it. He now has young talent and they play up and down. Only one win against a top 20 program this year. A couple of bad losses to some bad teams. Let's see how they are doing in May.
    Thanks! Very informative post.

What happens when said university coaching staff member is also the travel ball coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Incorrect statement. Coaches cannot have any contact to discuss recruiting, either directly with a potential student athlete or through an intermediary (i.e. travel ball coach, high school coach, booster, etc.) until September of their Junior year. Potential recruits can attend camps being held on campus but again, if they attend before September of their Junior year, coaches cannot discuss anything recruitment wise with them while they are attending the camp. They can only discuss instructional information with recruits younger that their Junior year. I am familiar with this because my grand-daughter is going through this process right now. In regards to Glasco, I am undecided right now if he is the right person to lead this program. He has had experienced talent the past couple of years and not done anything with it. He now has young talent and they play up and down. Only one win against a top 20 program this year. A couple of bad losses to some bad teams. Let's see how they are doing in May.
    Yep, I remembered it had changed to the earliest being some time in their junior year in HS. I do find the timing for this change a little suspicious since it happened right around when we tallied up a top recruiting year, some polls had us as No. 1.

FWIW, a thread recently started in Tigerploppings, someone is unhappy with Beth Torino…must be in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    FWIW, a thread recently started in Tigerploppings, someone is unhappy with Beth Torino…must be in the water.
    Coincidence, I think not!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Torino these days probably also has three to five times the resources to work with that Glasco has.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Torino these days probably also has three to five times the resources to work with that Glasco has.
    And her assistant was/is(?) heavily involved in the USA softball program, which has players in the program younger than HS junior year who might have “non recruiting contact” with said coach

Technically, I think he said we HAD to win 3/4. He was not satisfied with loss or team play in the series. But I hear you.

14. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Glasco needs to go?

So we must be dealing with one of three things.
    1. Disgruntled parent/player who is not good enough to play for the Cajuns. It happens. Playing for the Cajuns is not for everyone.
    2. Disgruntled former coach who is trying to create problems because misery loves company.
    3. Or a fan with an opinion who is just completely clueless about the game.

Opinions are great. However, calling for his job with his first recruiting class finally arriving on scene is a bit irrational. Not to mention being 23-9 with 6-7 freshman in the lineup every game is extremely solid in D1 sports. He is still trying to find the identity of his team and his first recruiting class. Please do not forget he inherited a program that was in complete disarray when he took over in 2018 and still won the conference. I will also say that no one wanted the job but Gerry Glasco after that mess was created. That takes courage and confidence to step in knowing he had a challenge in front of him. I honestly think Coach Glasco saved the program from a huge set back. He is a great man and a man of integrity and honor that some do not understand. He has been offered Power 5 jobs and has stayed loyal to the Ragin Cajuns Community which is the best in the country. The parity in softball is ridiculous today. So if you are going off of losing to Texas St in the 3rd game of the series after winning the first two then you are completely out of the loop. Since taking over the job Coach Glasco is 181-49. Four conference championships. Two conference tournament championships and 2X coach of the year. Pretty impressive. Professionally he was 96-46 with 3 Cowles Cup Championships. Again, pretty impressive I would say. But we want to talk about Glasco needs to go, and development because of a loss to Texas St.. Tap the breaks. He's one of the best coaches in the country and a great man that develops these student athletes into awesome young ladies with confidence and character. We all want to win, but let's not miss the bigger picture here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsnation View Post
    Glasco needs to go?

So we must be dealing with one of three things.
    1. Disgruntled parent/player who is not good enough to play for the Cajuns. It happens. Playing for the Cajuns is not for everyone.
    2. Disgruntled former coach who is trying to create problems because misery loves company.
    3. Or a fan with an opinion who is just completely clueless about the game.

Opinions are great. However, calling for his job with his first recruiting class finally arriving on scene is a bit irrational. Not to mention being 23-9 with 6-7 freshman in the lineup every game is extremely solid in D1 sports. He is still trying to find the identity of his team and his first recruiting class. Please do not forget he inherited a program that was in complete disarray when he took over in 2018 and still won the conference. I will also say that no one wanted the job but Gerry Glasco after that mess was created. That takes courage and confidence to step in knowing he had a challenge in front of him. I honestly think Coach Glasco saved the program from a huge set back. He is a great man and a man of integrity and honor that some do not understand. He has been offered Power 5 jobs and has stayed loyal to the Ragin Cajuns Community which is the best in the country. The parity in softball is ridiculous today. So if you are going off of losing to Texas St in the 3rd game of the series after winning the first two then you are completely out of the loop. Since taking over the job Coach Glasco is 181-49. Four conference championships. Two conference tournament championships and 2X coach of the year. Pretty impressive. Professionally he was 96-46 with 3 Cowles Cup Championships. Again, pretty impressive I would say. But we want to talk about Glasco needs to go, and development because of a loss to Texas St.. Tap the breaks. He's one of the best coaches in the country and a great man that develops these student athletes into awesome young ladies with confidence and character. We all want to win, but let's not miss the bigger picture here.
    Excellent post.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information