Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Glasco needs to go. (NOT)

Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSun View Post
    Lol. Trust me. If I was ML, I would claim it.
    Ok Simple Jack

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Maybe Gerry needs to toughen them up, call them wussies or something. Right?
    Last I read the coach you are referring to won his law suit against our University and every player statement was in his favor you might want to read it podna.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I’d say that’s fair. 75% of the time, he wins every time.
    You're right we're wrong 75% is the standard no matter who you lose too or when you win them Marlin won 75% of his tournament games and it got him another year.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    I've done the research. That's why I know they are farther along than you care to admit.

Coaches can't make plays for the players. I'm sure your coaches were not to blame for your lack of success when and if you played any sport, just as they weren't for mine.
    I hear what you are saying but we are in year FIVE with a university that was always a top 25 program now we are rebuilding. Had this happened in year 1or2 with all that happened I could understand but year five. Look at what Napier done thats what we expect not rebuilding. If Des has a bad year I can understand but in year five he better have a better team than year one. Would you agree.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    You are calling out one of the most knowledgeable softball posters on this board. You have no clue what you are talking about.
    JMV most of us respect you knowledge of the softball program but why can't this poster have an opinion on an opinion board. I don't feel good about where we are in year five rebuilding a top 25 program. I'm frustrated too honestly how has the program improved in those five years. Do I think he should or will be fire no I don't but that doesn't mean I have to be happy with what's going on. If you see something say something.

6. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

I do not follow softball like you guys, so I'm not commenting on Glasco. My uneducated opinion is that the team is obviously young and seems to be improving.

But let's remember, Robe had plenty of "rebuilding years." Also, ML did not "win" the law suit. The University settled to make him go away. The player's comments had nothing to do with the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Last I read the coach you are referring to won his law suit against our University and every player statement was in his favor you might want to read it podna.
    We get it. You believe ML should have never been fired, and you want him back.

That ship has sailed. If you believe Glasco isn't the person who should be leading this program, then who is on your list of options?

JMV most of us respect you knowledge of the softball program but why can't this poster have an opinion on an opinion board. I don't feel good about where we are in year five rebuilding a top 25 program. I'm frustrated too honestly how has the program improved in those five years. Do I think he should or will be fire no I don't but that doesn't mean I have to be happy with what's going on. If you see something say something.
    College softball recruiting starts when a kid is a sophomore and girls rarely flip. We are starting from square 1 this year with this past class a top 5 class in the country. After ML tried to kill off the program I say Glasco is doing pretty dam well..

Do you understand how year 1,2,3,4 played out with recruits that were already committed to other programs since the 8th grade? Coaches can no longer talk to kids until there senior year, he basically had to pick up uncommitted kids that weren't heavily looked at. Transfers came in to fill those spots. This year is Glasco first year on an even playing field with others and he produced the #1 national recruiting class, next year class is #11. Next year class may not be ranked as high but is probably better than this year class. Also most of the time 6 starters are freshman along with 2 sophomores. We have only two seniors and our most experienced players has been hurt most of the season. Good times are a head.

I'm not your podna and ML screwed the pooch all by himself. And, based on what I understand he did, said and treated some of his players, UL is much better off with him gone.

Gerry can't win with some folks. First, he is criticized for bringing in too many transfers and then when he brings in a top class in softball he's being criticized for rebuilding a program. Are you ready to criticize Justin now too? How about Lacy?

Some of you guys need to find a new hobby. Lotief is gone but some fans still can’t get this fact through their thick skulls. Glasco is here and doing a good job from what I’m seeing. The “Regional Glasco” name is because he understands where he’s at as a coach and is saying that he has higher expectations of himself and his team. Lotief supporters took this and ran with it saying he’s happy to just get to a regional. Those “fans” need to take this school girl clique attitude and shove it!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSun View Post
    That’s a bold assumption JMV.
    For a fact I can name 8 to 10 people on this page that are way more in tuned to this program than you are. That is a fact not an assumption.

13. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Coaches can no longer talk to kids until there senior year, he basically had to pick up uncommitted kids that weren't heavily looked at.
    Incorrect statement. Coaches cannot have any contact to discuss recruiting, either directly with a potential student athlete or through an intermediary (i.e. travel ball coach, high school coach, booster, etc.) until September of their Junior year. Potential recruits can attend camps being held on campus but again, if they attend before September of their Junior year, coaches cannot discuss anything recruitment wise with them while they are attending the camp. They can only discuss instructional information with recruits younger that their Junior year. I am familiar with this because my grand-daughter is going through this process right now. In regards to Glasco, I am undecided right now if he is the right person to lead this program. He has had experienced talent the past couple of years and not done anything with it. He now has young talent and they play up and down. Only one win against a top 20 program this year. A couple of bad losses to some bad teams. Let's see how they are doing in May.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    We get it. You believe ML should have never been fired, and you want him back.

That ship has sailed. If you believe Glasco isn't the person who should be leading this program, then who is on your list of options?
    No that is not what I'm saying every Coaches days at UL will come to an end I'm not saying lets fire Glasco I'm saying as a fan I'm not happy with where we are at with this top 25 program in five years. I'm a fan and I'm frustrated this is a message board where I should be able to vent my frustrations just like everyone including have vented our frustrations about other coaches at UL.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I'm not your podna and ML screwed the pooch all by himself. And, based on what I understand he did, said and treated some of his players, UL is much better off with him gone.

Gerry can't win with some folks. First, he is criticized for bringing in too many transfers and then when he brings in a top class in softball he's being criticized for rebuilding a program. Are you ready to criticize Justin now too? How about Lacy?
    I'm pretty sure I was treated pretty bad in my playing days not that it makes it right. Why should I have a problem with assistant coaches they don't drive the ship the ultimate responsibilities fall on the head man. But whenever someone disagrees with the great Glasco we must be Lotief supporters I guess if I have a problem with Des I'm a Baldwin or Hud supporter and I definitely have a problem with Marlin so I'm an Evans supporter is this how it works on this board. Please educate me.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information