Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Glasco needs to go. (NOT)

1. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Think this thread still gets started if we had won today?
    No way, but it certainly seems like CajunSun was perhaps waiting for the right loss scenario to make his first post.

Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Sorry to tell you CajunSun but most cleared eyed fans see that no coach is getting a quick hook in Olympic sports. If Coach Marlin can continue as head coach of men's basketball, fans will continue watching Coach Glasco at Lamson Park for the foreseeable future. I'm not a close follower of the girl's softball program but was under the impression the program was in good shape, competitive at Top 25 level.

3. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    A 3-1 week that should have been 4-0.
    Yeah I think the concensus is Louisiana should keep a coach that wins 75% of their games.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSun View Post
    I don’t know about the rest of you, but Glasco leaves little to be desired. He is more of a game manager than a coach…and not a good one at that. He plays not to lose in tight situations and ALOT of these girls are not developing like they should be. It’s infuriating to watch.
    You have a LOT more research to do before you start faulting the coaching staff for the shortcoming of the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Sorry to tell you CajunSun but most cleared eyed fans see that no coach is getting a quick hook in Olympic sports. If Coach Marlin can continue as head coach of men's basketball, fans will continue watching Coach Glasco at Lamson Park for the foreseeable future. I'm not a close follower of the girl's softball program but was under the impression the program was in good shape, competitive at Top 25 level.
    Yep.

And for those who don't like Coach Glasco merely because he was the one hired to replace Mike Lotief...Lotief would still be the head coach here if not for HIS actions. He wasn't let go because of lack of success.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Yeah I think the concensus is Louisiana should keep a coach that wins 75% of their games.
    I’d say that’s fair. 75% of the time, he wins every time.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSun View Post
    Prob not. However it has been something that I have been thinking about for quite sometime? At some point it was coming out.
    About 5 years?

I have been hard on Glasco this season because I think he needs to change how he coaches third. But he is doing a great job with handling all these freshmen . He has one of the better players out with an injury and only 2 seniors, one of which is also injured. We are getting better everyday and just beat a top 15 team in Texas. That is developing your team…

9. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    I have been hard on Glasco this season because I think he needs to change how he coaches third. But he is doing a great job with handling all these freshmen . He has one of the better players out with an injury and only 2 seniors, one of which is also injured. We are getting better everyday and just beat a top 15 team in Texas. That is developing your team…
    Well balanced statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    No way, but it certainly seems like CajunSun was perhaps waiting for the right loss scenario to make his first post.
    3 out of 4 in Texas with a win over UT is not a good time for suns post.

Glasco will forever be “Regional Glasco” as he self doned himself until he proves otherwise. Hopefully this program does not fall even further than at least making a regional every year.

12. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Glasco will forever be “Regional Glasco” as he self doned himself until he proves otherwise. Hopefully this program does not fall even further than at least making a regional every year.
    If we keep getting better the rest of the season, we can be competitive in regionals and maybe go to supers.

Glasco does NOT need to be fired. We may not be as good as we were in previous years, but we still have a solid program. Think about it this way: We have been to a NCAA Regional every year (not including 2020) and have made it to the Regional Finals. Also, the season isn't over yet, so keep in mind there's still time to turn things around! Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    You have a LOT more research to do before you start faulting the coaching staff for the shortcoming of the players.
    And you have A LOT more research to do, if you think that the staff isn’t supposed to coach the players up to overcome those shortcomings.

Fired up a lot of folks with that first statement.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information