Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . LastLast

Thread: Glasco needs to go. (NOT)

Default Re: Glasco needs to go. (NOT)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    JMVCajun or others can correct me, the problem for Roman right now is she is still wearing a knee brace, so she doesn't have the range of Heath and Graeter in right, both are hitting well too. She is also not as good defensively at 1st base as Kotzeinick that is crushing the ball this season. So Coach Glasco is trying to find ABs for Romain at DP when he can.
    I have seen her wear a knee brace and not wear a knee brace. I don't think the brace has much to do with anything as she hit 3 triples in the opening season weekend. She was never projected to play the outfield before or after the injury once she moved to first. That was the position designated for her in the field. Stormy is crushing the ball but I think it is a stretch to say Roman isn't as good defensively. Roman is a big target, with a long reach and to me the better defensive first baseman. She is hitting 339 in 56 at bats. It isn't that she is playing bad, she just has many weak bat attempt, the Cajuns just have alot of kids hitting better than her and that is a tribute to the depth and versatility of the the roster that Coach Glasco has built.

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    The problem with Taylor is she continues to “ step in the bucket” which means she bails out her low half before swinging. It’s a bad habit that she got away with while younger. It is causing a lot of holes in her swing. She has 3 more years to work on that but it’s limiting her time this year. If she can get over that hump, I think she can lead the country in HRs…
    I am not so sure she will play 3 more years after this season.

3. Default Re: Glasco needs to go. (NOT)

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I have seen her wear a knee brace and not wear a knee brace. I don't think the brace has much to do with anything as she hit 3 triples in the opening season weekend. She was never projected to play the outfield before or after the injury once she moved to first. That was the position designated for her in the field. Stormy is crushing the ball but I think it is a stretch to say Roman isn't as good defensively. Roman is a big target, with a long reach and to me the better defensive first baseman. She is hitting 339 in 56 at bats. It isn't that she is playing bad, she just has many weak bat attempt, the Cajuns just have alot of kids hitting better than her and that is a tribute to the depth and versatile of the the roster that Coach Glasco has built.
    versatile

I have seen her wear a knee brace and not wear a knee brace. I don't think the brace has much to do with anything as she hit 3 triples in the opening season weekend. She was never projected to play the outfield before or after the injury once she moved to first. That was the position designated for her in the field. Stormy is crushing the ball but I think it is a stretch to say Roman isn't as good defensively. Roman is a big target, with a long reach and to me the better defensive first baseman. She is hitting 339 in 56 at bats. It isn't that she is playing bad, she just has many weak bat attempt, the Cajuns just have alot of kids hitting better than her and that is a tribute to the depth and versatility of the the roster that Coach Glasco has built.
    The reference to the knee brace is the knee injury and where she's at today. As a freshman, I remember her playing RF, in fact I a saw her in person playing RF. Now after returning, from the games I've watched, she has been DP and at 1st. Her play at 1st was not that great, especially her feet and making plays fielding when she is playing off the bag. In my opinion Kotzeinick is much better with the glove around the bag. I haven't really considered the other points you brought up concerning her bat, but they make sense. She has great power potential, but right now Kotzeinick is better all around player period.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The reference to the knee brace is the knee injury and where she's at today. As a freshman, I remember her playing RF, in fact I a saw her in person playing RF. Now after returning, from the games I've watched, she has been DP and at 1st. Her play at 1st was not that great, especially her feet and making plays fielding when she is playing off the bag. In my opinion Kotzeinick is much better with the glove around the bag. I haven't really considered the other points you brought up concerning her bat, but they make sense. She has great power potential, but right now Kotzeinick is better all around player period.
    The outfield experience for Roman I believe is over. You are correct she started in RF as a true freshman but after a few games never returned. Kotzeinick is the best batter on the team period.

6. Default Re: Glasco needs to go. (NOT)

The outfield experience for Roman I believe is over. You are correct she started in RF as a true freshman but after a few games never returned. Kotzeinick is the best batter on the team period.
    She does have the most SO’s on the team . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    She does have the most SO’s on the team . . .
    I listen to Mr. Stevie, Mr. Bobby and Mr. Ian on the radio all the time, as the leadoff batter I would think she has the most at bats on the team?

Good Lord, this thread is 12 pages. Sheesh

9. Default Re: Glasco needs to go. (NOT)

Quote Originally Posted by cajungmg View Post
    I listen to Mr. Stevie, Mr. Bobby and Mr. Ian on the radio all the time, ad the leadoff batter I would think she has the most at bats on the team?
    Here you go:

https://ragincajuns.com/sports/softball/stats/2022

Stormy is a stud. There are two other freshmen that are killing it as well. Hayden and Falterman. Stormy has more power than they do, but, is she the best hitter? It's close. Let's compare the three. Stormy is hitting .384, Maddie is hitting .404 and Falterman is hitting .458. Falterman has only struck out one time in 48 at bats. Maddie has struck out six times in 104 at bats. Stormy has struck out 17 times in 112 bats. I do realize that Falterman has only batted about half as much as the other two. But, her batting average is higher and she struck out fewer times. So, she may be the best hitter out of all three. It depends on how you look at it.

With that said, I'm thinking one of those three has to be the SBC freshman of the year. I'm not sure if they have a separate freshman of the year pitcher. If they do, that goes to Landry. If not a freshman pitcher of the year, then Landry will probably get freshman of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Stormy is a stud. There are two other freshmen that are killing it as well. Hayden and Falterman. Stormy has more power than they do, but, is she the best hitter? It's close. Let's compare the three. Stormy is hitting .384, Maddie is hitting .404 and Falterman is hitting .458. Falterman has only struck out one time in 48 at bats. Maddie has struck out six times in 104 at bats. Stormy has struck out 17 times in 112 bats. I do realize that Falterman has only batted about half as much as the other two. But, her batting average is higher and she struck out fewer times. So, she may be the best hitter out of all three. It depends on how you look at it.

With that said, I'm thinking one of those three has to be the SBC freshman of the year. I'm not sure if they have a separate freshman of the year pitcher. If they do, that goes to Landry. If not a freshman pitcher of the year, then Landry will probably get freshman of the year.
    For my comparison sake I look at OBP + SLUGGING. On-base plus slugging is a stat calculated as the sum of a player's on-base percentage and slugging percentage. The ability of a player both to get on base and to hit for power, two important offensive skills. In that case I have to go with Stormy.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post

Falterman's numbers are a smaller sample at this point. Stormy has a 1.179OPS, 741SLG% and a .384 BA. That is impressive and the 17 SOs don't concern me when you look at 11 walks and the production. That's very impressive. Hayden is very impressive as well, the power numbers will get better eventually, she's a year younger than Kotzeinick.

UL Softball Re: Glasco needs to go. (NOT)

A little information about how the conference award program works: media relations department from each school sends in one candidate per category and the voters are the head coaches. Some vote based upon the entire season, some vote strictly on conference play. Categories are Player of the Year, Newcomer of the Year, Freshman of the Year, Pitcher of the Year, Coach of the Year and first and second all-conference teams.

There are four weeks left in the regular season. Kayt Houston (sophomore from Appalachian State) appears to be the clear frontrunner for Player of the Year. Olivia Lackie (South Alabama) and Samantha Landry (Cajuns) look to be the top two pitchers at the moment, Leanna Johnson will be in the discussion with 4 Pitcher of the Week honors. I expect Matt Hebert will submit Maddie for Freshman of the Year, Sam for Pitcher of the Year and he will have a decision to make for Stormy and Jourdyn in Newcomer and Player of the Year categories.

Matt will submit whoever Gerry tells him to

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Good Lord, this thread is 12 pages. Sheesh
    Maybe it should be renamed "This Thread needs to go!"

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . LastLast

Thread Information