Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Glasco needs to go. (NOT)

1. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    So anyone who disagrees with Glasco have to be ML croonies. GTFOH with that b---sh-- thinking. If we are so ML diehards why are we still buying tickets and donating our money to the program. I'll help you maybe we are fans. Just like fans that questions coaches of other UL athletic programs.
    You can’t be an official Cajuns fan unless JMV approves it first unfortunately. He runs the softball program.

Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandeauxCajun View Post
    You can’t be an official Cajuns fan unless JMV approves it first unfortunately. He runs the softball program.
    What are talking about? Any true fan that wants can have an opinion. Do you honestly think I agree with every single decision that Coach Glasco or the program makes? Stop with the jealousy dude it is a bad disease to have. It is obvious what you are trying to do as all your post towards softball are negative. The JMV in my handle name stands for just my view! Do you even attend games?

3. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    What are talking about? Any true fan that wants can have an opinion. Do you honestly think I agree with every single decision that Coach Glasco or the program makes? Stop with the jealousy dude it is a bad disease to have. It is obvious what you are trying to do as all your post towards softball are negative. The JMV in my handle name stands for just my view! Do you even attend games?
    Got him!

Got him!
    Not hardly.

5. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Got him!
    He has posted before that the “JMV” stands for Just Most Valuable...

6. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Not hardly.
    Okay big boy

Can you expand on changed the future of the program?
    Thank you. I remember reading about this class and how long it would be before they would be in a Cajuns uniform.

Considering that we start 5-7 freshmen every game, and that we have only 1 senior still on the roster, I don't see how anyone can be really disappointed with where we are right now.

Using this week's official NCAA RPI numbers, we are 2-6 vs top 50, 8-2 vs 51-100, 7-1 vs 101-150 and 8-1 vs 151-301. We have only 4 losses to teams outside the top 50 [to 66 TxSt, 75 McNeese, 133 Georgia State and 212 Georgia Southern], and our 6 losses against the top 50 are all to teams in the top 25.

Also, our young team is growing up every week. We are much better today than we were 2 months ago.

Edit: New RPI Numbers came out right after I did this, so there may be minor changes to our results.

9. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Our young players are definitely becoming more seasoned . . .

10. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Our young players are definitely becoming more seasoned . . .
    The pouring on that Slap Ya Mama.

I'm hoping what we saw this past weekend is the turning point in the season. That was the best 3 game series we've seen this year against the 2nd best hitting team in the SBC. NOTE: They were the 2nd best before this past weekend, but after going 7 or 60 (117 avg.) they have dropped into a tie for 4th place. Actual Tory batting avg for the series was .101.

Pitching has picked up a notch, especially with Kandra looking like the pitcher than ended the season last year.

Once Sam settles into a game, she looks very tough. I do worry that Piskos struggles fielding her pitches at times, though that's likely due to the variety of pitches she uses.

Looks like we've settled into using 3 pitchers, with Schorman coming in relief and Heath likely used to provide relief innings when able.

No idea about team chemistry with the 4 players leaving, but it must be OK because Gerry mentioned how well the team is playing together after wrapping up the Troy series.

Rick, I agree with this assessment. Our freshmen players seem to have matured some defensively, and both starting pitchers seem improved in the sense that both have cut down on letting the last pitch affect the next pitch, therefore cutting down on innings with multiple walks or HBP and removing some of the defensive pressure on the young players. Schorman seems better in a relief role than as a starter, and having three pitchers we can depend on in the regular season is going to really help us come tournament time, if only because our starters won't be suffering arm fatigue to the extent most softball pitchers do toward the end of seasons. Big concerns for me are few. First, while Sophie is lights out as a defensive catcher and hits very well, she lacks arm strength; the better teams we play are going to run on us. Second, we really don't have another every day catcher if Sophie gets hurt. Third, Campbell is a defensive liability. I know we have to have her bat in the lineup, but I would like to see Stormy try 3rd and put Heath at first and DP Campbell. Or perhaps Mayeau at third Stormy at second and Heath at first with Campbell at DP. Roman is our best defensive first baseman, but who can we take out of the hitting lineup to make room for her?

13. Default Re: Glasco needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Rick, I agree with this assessment. Our freshmen players seem to have matured some defensively, and both starting pitchers seem improved in the sense that both have cut down on letting the last pitch affect the next pitch, therefore cutting down on innings with multiple walks or HBP and removing some of the defensive pressure on the young players. Schorman seems better in a relief role than as a starter, and having three pitchers we can depend on in the regular season is going to really help us come tournament time, if only because our starters won't be suffering arm fatigue to the extent most softball pitchers do toward the end of seasons. Big concerns for me are few. First, while Sophie is lights out as a defensive catcher and hits very well, she lacks arm strength; the better teams we play are going to run on us. Second, we really don't have another every day catcher if Sophie gets hurt. Third, Campbell is a defensive liability. I know we have to have her bat in the lineup, but I would like to see Stormy try 3rd and put Heath at first and DP Campbell. Or perhaps Mayeau at third Stormy at second and Heath at first with Campbell at DP. Roman is our best defensive first baseman, but who can we take out of the hitting lineup to make room for her?
    That’s a tough one. I like all 1-9

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    We've tried Mayeau at third in the past with some success, might be time to try that again. Campbell at DP if not in the field, absolutely.

Roman has been disappointing so far this season. I know she's coming off a pretty serious injury, but is her knee injury affecting her ability to barrel up on the ball? It seems all of her hits are glancing blows. I hope Coach can figure that out soon.

I'd rather see Heath at first due to her height and reach advantage, but have no idea of her fielding ability in the infield. Stormy seems to have the right physical attributes to play the corner, but as you know, that's a touch spot to play. Gremillion was lights out there!

Default Re: Glasco needs to go. (NOT)

How about Stormy at 3rd, Alexa at SS, Mel at 2nd and Campbell at 1st? Du42 mentioned Campbell at 1st a week ago. That may work if Stormy can handle 3rd.

Roman is batting 339 in a reserve role.

I wouldn't play Heath anywhere in the field as she is the 4th pitcher, so we have to limit the chances of her getting hurt.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information