Thread: Men's Tennis Set for Sun Belt Road Battles at South Alabama and Troy

1. UL Tennis Men's Tennis Set for Sun Belt Road Battles at South Alabama and Troy

The No. 48-ranked Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Men's Tennis team wraps up Sun Belt Conference play in the spring 2022 dual match regular season with a pair of road matches in the state of Alabama from Saturday-Sunday, April 2-3.

Default Re: Men's Tennis Set for Sun Belt Road Battles at South Alabama and Troy

Dropped both matches. 3rd place.

3. Default Re: Men's Tennis Set for Sun Belt Road Battles at South Alabama and Troy

As I stated in the Ragin Review Podcast, depth was going to be the only thing that kept this team from a really special season. Well that has happened. Karlo Kajin our #1 player, who has struggled most of the season, but was playing well enough to hold on to that spot, has really fallen apart and I am pretty sure it is injury related. He has lost 7 of his last 8 matches and 8 of his last 10, including retiring vs Troy when losing 1-5 in the first set. I suggested earlier in a post that I thought something was going on with him and it is clear that I was correct. The biggest issue I saw with this team is that if we were not healthy at every position it could cause us big time issues and now that has come to fruition.

We only have 2 bench players, 1 of which Grant Landreth has not played 1 match all season and the other player is Alejo Ferrer Chueca who is 2-3 on the season. Verse Troy we played Kajin retired and Chueca played in place of our normal #4 player Dworak, meaning we were basically playing without 2 starters.

I really feel bad for this team as they were crushing it when the normal 6 players were playing well, but since that moment Kajin has played horribly (and I am and was confident that it was injury related) and it seems now we might have another issue with Dworak.

Thread Information