Thread: Morris Earns Collegiate Coaching Consortium Invite

1. UL Basketball Morris Earns Collegiate Coaching Consortium Invite

Louisiana Men's Basketball assistant coach Brock Morris has been invited to the 2022 Collegiate Coaching Consortium in New Orleans, host organizations the National Association of Basketball Coaches and AthleticDirectorU announced on Tuesday.

He was previously was selected to the inaugural consortium following the 2017-18 season.

This past year, Morris led Louisiana to the Sun Belt Tournament Championship, marking the first title game appearance for the program since 2014.

During his tenure, Louisiana athletes have shown tremendous development as seven Ragin' Cajuns have earned All-Conference or All-Tournament selections in addition to other accolades including Sen Belt Defensive Player of the Year, Lefty Driesell Defensive All-American, Lou Henson All-American, NABC First Team All-District, Sun Belt Conference Freshman of the Year and Freshman All-American.

In addition to on-court success, Morris has bolstered Louisiana's recruiting efforts. In the past three classes the Cajuns have signed the highest-ranked recruit in program history via 247 sports and ESPN, two four-star high school recruits via ESPN, one Top 100 high school recruit via ESPN, three Top 100 transfers, one Junior College All-American, three Junior College Top 100 players, and a former McDonalds All-American.

Prior to joining Louisiana, Morris served as the head coach of Daytona State College (2018-19), as an assistant coach at South Alabama (2015-18) and Southern Idaho (2013-15) and was previously the Director of Basketball Operations with the Ragin' Cajuns (2010-13).

Default Re: Morris Earns Collegiate Coaching Consortium Invite

Congratulations Brock! I am sure he will represent the Ragin Cajuns brand well at the Final Four

3. Default Re: Morris Earns Collegiate Coaching Consortium Invite

I would have stated what he accomplished when Marlin wasn't around and ended it there.

Bragging about averaging 15 wins a season is not a good look.

Personally I would have made him interim head coach at Louisiana.

I will say this, with this invite, Brock Morris is moving on.

Default Re: Morris Earns Collegiate Coaching Consortium Invite

This program helps train future head coaches. Lots of meetings with AD’s and administrators from throughout college ranks

Thread Information