Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Trajan Wesley portal

Default Re: Trajan Wesley portal

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Don't count out Jordan Brown turning pro as well. Wouldn't surprise me at all.
    Actually, I expect him to turn pro. That is why I thought the player retention excuse was such BS since I think this roster is going to go through a pretty good overhaul anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I might not be happy either but we aren’t having all but one player abandoning ship.

Our coaching situation is like a bad marriage at this point. It’s almost over, grin and bear it.

In the days of the transfer portal we’re in, EVERYBODY takes a hit. So don’t act like it’s some surprise, like stAte is doing. Big man was leaving, it took some time to work numbers I’d bet.

Be the better man.
    And how do you know its almost over? That was supposed to be the situation the last couple of years. Maggard has not outlined any type of expectations for the upcoming year. It could absolutely lead to a longer tenure. I no longer have the confidence in Maggard to know when to pull that plug.

Just a gut feeling. They honestly cannot go out and say it’s his last year. We’re not talking a legacy here and doing a last lap. No program would do that. It’s standard practice, coaches never tell recruits they’re leaving soon.

Napier everyone knew at some point he was leaving soon, but he didn’t advertise it. Same with Marlin, abet different reason. Marlin is knocking on 65 end of next season. It’s SOP, we’ve all seen it before.

4. Default Re: Trajan Wesley portal

Just a gut feeling. They honestly cannot go out and say it’s his last year. We’re not talking a legacy here and doing a last lap. No program would do that. It’s standard practice, coaches never tell recruits they’re leaving soon.

Napier everyone knew at some point he was leaving soon, but he didn’t advertise it. Same with Marlin, abet different reason. Marlin is knocking on 65 end of next season. It’s SOP, we’ve all seen it before.
    Yes, they don’t even do,that at Duke . . . Ummm

It is absolutely NOT standard operating procedure to have a guy coaching on a one year deal. It’s also not standard procedure to come out and openly lie about a guy’s success to try and justify keeping him. Couple those things with the strong possibility that the other excuse given of a core team staying together not coming to fruition…this situation and messaging was botched.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    It is absolutely NOT standard operating procedure to have a guy coaching on a one year deal. It’s also not standard procedure to come out and openly lie about a guy’s success to try and justify keeping him. Couple those things with the strong possibility that the other excuse given of a core team staying together not coming to fruition…this situation and messaging was botched.
    It’s not SOP to advertise it.

Yeah, it’s botched as far as fan’s’ perspective. There is no amount of discussion RP can have that will change it.

It’s not SOP to advertise it.

Yeah, it’s botched as far as fan’s’ perspective. There is no amount of discussion RP can have that will change it.
    When you say not advertise “it” what are you referring to. Not trying to be a smart ass just missing your point.

I don’t think anything will change the decision. I would like for there to be enough discussion and light shed on this issue that Maggard publicly addresses the lie he told with Scott. I may be in the minority but that part of this was completely unacceptable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Yes, they don’t even do,that at Duke . . . Ummm
    Just a lil bit different IMO.

Question: has it been announced that Marlin is retiring at the end of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Just a lil bit different IMO.

Question: has it been announced that Marlin is retiring at the end of the season?
    No. Maggard stated in his interview with Scott that they didn't want to put themselves in a box decision wise.

The “it” is nobody with the administration is saying this is Marlin’s last year.

Nor will they, even though it possibly is. Fans constantly saying it is are probably correct; but that is straight fodder against UL on the recruiting trail. However, the admin may have a plan with Morris (pure speculation); we’ll be told on a NEED to know basis.

Just because my emotions aren’t pegged out over this, does not mean I don’t care. It’s obviously is an issue, but Maggard has a much bigger fish to fry…the stadium start misfire.

Need to save face ASAP on that. Come next March and RCAF and ticket renewals roll out, for me, hard dates, plans and bids need to be completed or I’m probably done.

Had my leg ____ed on and was told it was raining decades back with the Ragin Cajun Club. I’m not buying another umbrella.

11. Default Re: Trajan Wesley portal

The “it” is nobody with the administration is saying this is Marlin’s last year.

Nor will they, even though it possibly is. Fans constantly saying it is are probably correct; but that is straight fodder against UL on the recruiting trail. However, the admin may have a plan with Morris (pure speculation); we’ll be told on a NEED to know basis.

Just because my emotions aren’t pegged out over this, does not mean I don’t care. It’s obviously is an issue, but Maggard has a much bigger fish to fry…the stadium start misfire.

Need to save face ASAP on that. Come next March and RCAF and ticket renewals roll out, for me, hard dates, plans and bids need to be completed or I’m probably done.

Had my leg ____ed on and was told it was raining decades back with the Ragin Cajun Club. I’m not buying another umbrella.
    Everybody has choices . . . yours may be to just zoomzoom on along . . .

Maybe I’m wrong but what are some recent examples of coaches coaching on 1 year deals? Retirement parties for well respected, household names are the only thing that comes to mind.

I hate the “bigger fish to fry” notion. We have less than 2,000 RCAF members. We better be frying every damn thing we’ve got. Stadium project may be the last straw for you. This decision and joke of a way to present it was the final straw for others. The fact is that we could have made a move on basketball coaching without impacting the stadium project. We are way over paying this guy to begin with to fall short of expectations.

The fans talking about this being Bob’s last year are damn sure not to blame for the arse ____ing we’re about to take on the recruiting trail. The decision makers who brought a guy back on a one year deal sealed that fate.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Maybe I’m wrong but what are some recent examples of coaches coaching on 1 year deals? Retirement parties for well respected, household names are the only thing that comes to mind.

I hate the “bigger fish to fry” notion. We have less than 2,000 RCAF members. We better be frying every damn thing we’ve got. Stadium project may be the last straw for you. This decision and joke of a way to present it was the final straw for others. The fact is that we could have made a move on basketball coaching without impacting the stadium project. We are way over paying this guy to begin with to fall short of expectations.

The fans talking about this being Bob’s last year are damn sure not to blame for the arse ____ing we’re about to take on the recruiting trail. The decision makers who brought a guy back on a one year deal sealed that fate.
    Fans aren’t to blame, but the fans surely aren’t helping. Myself included.

Also having a rudderless RCAF is totally unacceptable. Might be why everyone got invoiced now, streamlining things. That’s part of my concern…Maggard now at Martin Hall organizationally…won’t take much to morph RCAF into the same dead horse the RCC became. That falls on T-Joe.

Just got home and turned on the Mothership. Topic…the “P-6 MBB” aka the P-5 and Big East breaking away from the NCAA and how it NEEDS to happen.

Fans aren’t to blame, but the fans surely aren’t helping. Myself included.

Also having a rudderless RCAF is totally unacceptable. Might be why everyone got invoiced now, streamlining things. That’s part of my concern…Maggard now at Martin Hall organizationally…won’t take much to morph RCAF into the same dead horse the RCC became. That falls on T-Joe.

Just got home and turned on the Mothership. Topic…the “P-6 MBB” aka the P-5 and Big East breaking away from the NCAA and how it NEEDS to happen.
    Politics may prevent that from happening. Senators in states like Montana, Wyoming, Vermont, and even Louisiana may get involved were a break away to that extent attempted.

And no coach goes out and just coaches on a one year lame duck deal unless they are assured that they can retain their job after the upcoming season with certain goals to be met or success that is obvious. The only problem is no fan will know what they've discussed and we have no idea if Maggard will just do this in the short term for the next couple of years.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information