Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Trajan Wesley portal

1. Default Re: Trajan Wesley portal

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    LOL. YEAH, BRAH!
    Now you changing BRAHzeeres on me . . .

Default Re: Trajan Wesley portal

First, Thanks to Trajan for his time here. Guy was a warrior and gave us an edge. He could get out of control at times but he was the best PG we had until late in season. He played hard nosed defense and with a motor.

Again, you retain a coach because you think he's going to cause guys to stay but you can't base decisions on that. He better hope Julien is able to come back healthy for next season because losing Awkuba and Dou will all of a sudden make us thin on the front line.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    First, Thanks to Trajan for his time here. Guy was a warrior and gave us an edge. He could get out of control at times but he was the best PG we had until late in season. He played hard nosed defense and with a motor.

Again, you retain a coach because you think he's going to cause guys to stay but you can't base decisions on that. He better hope Julien is able to come back healthy for next season because losing Awkuba and Dou will all of a sudden make us thin on the front line.
    Don't count out Jordan Brown turning pro as well. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Y’all better stop picking fights with Vic. That man has his finger on the pulse of the Cajuns basketball fanbase. He makes tons of games!!!

Noticed that Alex Fudge from LSU has entered the Portal. He was heavily recruited but if I remember correctly our coaching staff was on him pretty early and gave him one of his 1st offers as a sophomore.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    No, and probably not the G-League either. But he certainly could play in Europe, Australia or China and make 6 figures. I don't expect him to return. Just my opinion.
    I am not sure about him not returning. Why leave an option to return to school if he were going to Europe without a sufficient G League grade. Perhaps he wants to finish his degree if pros don’t work out. Now he does not have to return here to continue college play.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    So who is leaving the basketball program?
    So far we know Harper and Wesley are definitely leaving. Theo Awkuba has declared for the pros but maintained option to return to school. Some expect Jordan Brown to follow Theo’s lead. I do know Jordan’s family considers getting a degree important. Of course he could pursue that while still playing pro ball. I also don’t know where he stands academically.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I am not sure about him not returning. Why leave an option to return to school if he were going to Europe without a sufficient G League grade. Perhaps he wants to finish his degree if pros don’t work out. Now he does not have to return here to continue college play.
    You don't need a G-League grade to play overseas. There are many players playing in Europe, China, Isreal and Australia that wouldn't make it in the G-League. He's not an NBA prospect, nor is he a G-League prospect. But why consider leaving now if it's not about the money? He can certainly make money overseas if he needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Noticed that Alex Fudge from LSU has entered the Portal. He was heavily recruited but if I remember correctly our coaching staff was on him pretty early and gave him one of his 1st offers as a sophomore.
    Alice Shoe MBB is a train wreck. Counting graduation into the other departures, Wilkinson and Fudge were the last ones left according to Tigerploppings. And the NCCA nor the Feds pronounced judgement yet. No wonder the new coach has a base contract that might expand to nine years depending on NCAA scholarship reductions. Don’t see anyone lining up for NIL donations at a dumpster fire.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Alice Shoe MBB is a train wreck. Counting graduation into the other departures, Wilkinson and Fudge were the last ones left according to Tigerploppings. And the NCCA nor the Feds pronounced judgement yet. No wonder the new coach has a base contract that might expand to nine years depending on NCAA scholarship reductions. Don’t see anyone lining up for NIL donations at a dumpster fire.
    Not many players will come player for a coach with 1 year on his contract

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Not many players will come player for a coach with 1 year on his contract
    I might not be happy either but we aren’t having all but one player abandoning ship.

Our coaching situation is like a bad marriage at this point. It’s almost over, grin and bear it.

In the days of the transfer portal we’re in, EVERYBODY takes a hit. So don’t act like it’s some surprise, like stAte is doing. Big man was leaving, it took some time to work numbers I’d bet.

Be the better man.

I might not be happy either but we aren’t having all but one player abandoning ship.

Our coaching situation is like a bad marriage at this point. It’s almost over, grin and bear it.

In the days of the transfer portal we’re in, EVERYBODY takes a hit. So don’t act like it’s some surprise, like stAte is doing. Big man was leaving, it took some time to work numbers I’d bet.

Be the better man.
    I'm not suprised and why it's stupid to keep a coach this day and age for the reasons Maggard and Walker stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Bruh, if you think it's just 11 people here I feel sorry for you.
    No doubt way more than 11 people.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I'm not suprised and why it's stupid to keep a coach this day and age for the reasons Maggard and Walker stated.
    Welp, make that zero remaining LSU MBB scholarship players. Wilkinson hit the portal.

https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2022.ason-will-wade

Guess LSU didn’t make payroll…

Welp, make that zero remaining LSU MBB scholarship players. Wilkinson hit the portal.

https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2022.ason-will-wade

Guess LSU didn’t make payroll…
    They know multiple season bans are coming. Rats fleeing from a sinking ship

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information