Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Trajan Wesley portal

Default Re: Trajan Wesley going bye bye

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Wrong thread?

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Wrong thread?
    Not sure why this post is in this thread. I started a thread about Trajan transferring and this was the first post. Ask the mods

3. Default Re: Trajan Wesley

My bad. Another Fat Thumb mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Yeah didn't the Cajuns keep Marlin so we wouldn't have players leaving. I think more could follow him.
    Trajan will graduate this May. He may be looking for a place to go which will fit his grad school plans. Also, he probably was going to see even less playing time next season. Michael Thomas beat him out at the end of the year and focus on spring recruiting is point guard. He probably would have been the third option at his position next season. I bet this move was a joint decision. I think we should thank him for his efforts, congratulate him on soon being a Ragin Cajun grad (that is always something which should be celebrated), and wish him well on finding the right spot for his next journey. Also, someone had to leave to have a scholarship for a spring recruit. Harper's scholarship will be taken by the fall recruit and a spring recruit will take Trajan's. In fact, I would not be surprised if someone else leaves to make room for a second spring recruit. At this stage, I have no idea who the additional guy to leave may be or who are the guys they are recruiting. If I had to guess, I would say older portal guys and JUCO people are being targeted. Granted it will be a challenge but we probably have been looking at guys for awhile. Recruiting does not begin when the season ends. It is a never ending process.

Default Re: Trajan Wesley portal

Theo is heading to the pros I expect Brown to do the same.

This is hilarious

Theo declared for draft but maintained option to return to school. I would be surprised if he is rated high enough to have a reasonable opportunity for the NBA

7. Default Re: Trajan Wesley portal

I think in the end Theo will back. I don’t think he projects well enough to get drafted.

Wasn’t Marlin supposed to keep these kids? That’s why we had to keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Wasn’t Marlin supposed to keep these kids? That’s why we had to keep him.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RaginP View Post
    I think in the end Theo will back. I don’t think he projects well enough to get drafted.
    He will end up in Europe kids wants to make money

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Theo is heading to the pros I expect Brown to do the same.

This is hilarious
    I am wondering what the Marlin Mafia thinks when kids leave the program?

What's a player make in Euro league. I would imagine if the big money basketball donors where enough to keep Marlin, they could scratch up enough for an NIL deal. Unless it's in the 100 thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    What's a player make in Euro league. I would imagine if the big money basketball donors where enough to keep Marlin, they could scratch up enough for an NIL deal. Unless it's in the 100 thousands.
    It’s very league dependent. But the good leagues pay several hundred thousand. Not sure if Theo would make that.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Probably 80k a year is the average In the smaller leagues

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Theo declared for draft but maintained option to return to school. I would be surprised if he is rated high enough to have a reasonable opportunity for the NBA
    No, and probably not the G-League either. But he certainly could play in Europe, Australia or China and make 6 figures. I don't expect him to return. Just my opinion.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information