Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: RR Claps Back | Maggard Messaging | South Alabama Preview

Default Re: RR Claps Back | Maggard Messaging | South Alabama Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    They idolize someone that would be gone in .5 seconds if anyone would offer him to go somewhere else
    Nobody else would hire Marlin.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Mike, I've enjoyed our visits. I respect your opinion and I'm happy our basketball program has fans like you.

But let's get a few things correct, for the record's sake:

1) I never called The Rebounders Club a "cult." My comment, to be exact, was about being banned from the FB fan page. I said the "cultish vibe" is weird. And it absolutely is. When I went to that page, people were crowing about "leading the SBC in attendance." WE ALL KNOW, that is horse hockey. We may sell more tickets than anyone, but we most certainly don't lead the conference in actual attendance. And the rebounder club people know that. It's intentional spreading of propaganda. If we want to debate terms like "cultish" and "propaganda", I'm happy to provide definitions for each. (I looked them up before making the comments on the pod and they were perfectly fitting for this situation.)

2) The Rebounders Club is absolutely a Social Club (we can look that one up as well). Some of the people that started the RR bashing even ADMITTED openly that they go to the games to "hang out" and don't really care about the outcomes. They don't "take it too seriously." So by their own admission, it's a club to socialize. Hence the social club references. If that offends anyone, I suggest a thicker skin. There are many other things I could say to reference that group. Social Club is fitting and harmless.

3) They píss and moan about us being too "negative." Really? How come the softball coaches, players and parents don't think we're too negative? How come coaches, players and parents of Tennis, Golf, Women's Soccer, Football, Baseball, or VBall don't think we're too "negative?" We know for a fact that folks from all of those programs listen. We get feedback from LOTS of different areas. Rebounder Club is the only group that has an issue with our "negativity." Pretty odd coincidence. We've treated every program at this school the exact same way: give an honest, educated opinion and call a spade a damn spade. 90% of the fan base (per a recent poll) want a change in basketball. I guess that has nothing to do with Bob Marlin's results and everything to do with Ragin Review's "negativity."

The fact is, even people around the administration and athletic complex know, several Rebounders Club members would rather bounce on Bob's lap than hold the coaching staff to any real expectation. That's a fact, and it's not a very well kept secret. I found it funny when one of the more vocal RC members tried to say "Y'all's podcast isn't taken seriously among RC members and the coaches." I thought to myself "Buddy, you're getting your âss conned and they don't take you seriously. Only difference is, we do it for free."
    A large majority of the coaches, players, parents and the athletic administration listens to the podcast. Those same folks also get on this message board. Josh, Gerry and Nick keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    You missed my main point about the Rebounders Club. All of those people will continue to support the program regardless of who is the coach. They think the program deserves support due to the players in it. That will continue next year and the year after that following a possible change. That would occur even if you were the coach. As far as being negative or positive, that is immaterial as far as a podcast is concerned as it is opinion. That does not bother me in the least as everyone is entitled to have their say. I do suggest insuring your comments are accurate when you begin recording. Following the first game of the year, you guys went over what happened against West Florida. Everyone of you was surprised Kentrall Garnett started because you could not recall him playing whatsoever in 2021-22. Ya'll wondered if he was hurt. In fact he played quite a bit off the bench late in the year. In the last home game of the year over UTA which gave Coach Marlin some type of record, he had several big plays late in that game. I know that is being kind of picky but a suggestion going forward is to talk to someone who follows the team closely if you want to discuss actual play on the court and individual players. Granted that was during the heart of the football season and that was probably your focus vs basketball just starting. However, people who watch every basketball game caught the oversight. Discussing your view of the staff or administration is a different deal as that rarely involves what actually happens on the court. I will agree with you that the people who disagreed with the recent decision would have done so if your podcast never existed. It has little impact on those views or on the decision the administration made.
    Sounds like the pod needs to get CajunMike on sometimes during basketball season.

4. Default Re: RR Claps Back | Maggard Messaging | South Alabama Preview

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Sounds like the pod needs to get CajunMike on sometimes during basketball season.
    We’re happy to bring on anyone from Rebounders Club to have a conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Yeah because they were excited for Cajuns basketballs future.
    Man I am surprised your son doesn't play sports. The NV middle school coaches should be all over himWR, Post in basketball, Quarter-miler. He is taller than your old man!

Man I am surprised your son doesn't play sports. The NV middle school coaches should be all over himWR, Post in basketball, Quarter-miler. He is taller than your old man!
    He tried out for track and didn’t make it.

They are straight A students and good kids. So that’s all that matters to me.

But all three of them will be some of the biggest kids in the school. It’s still local politics there too though.

He tried out for track and didn’t make it.

They are straight A students and good kids. So that’s all that matters to me.

But all three of them will be some of the biggest kids in the school. It’s still local politics there too though.
    No doubt. He is a very respectful kid also. I thought he was like 17.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We’re happy to bring on anyone from Rebounders Club to have a conversation.
    If I ever did that, I would discuss only my opinion of what I see on the court and the progress of individual players. I would NOT discuss the staff (other than the lineups they are using) nor how the administration views the program. That would probably be a pretty boring show.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    If I ever did that, I would discuss only my opinion of what I see on the court and the progress of individual players. I would NOT discuss the staff (other than the lineups they are using) nor how the administration views the program. That would probably be a pretty boring show.
    Would you speculate on why attendance is so low?

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Would you speculate on why attendance is so low?
    Because Bob ball is boring and they don’t win enough.

Because Bob ball is boring and they don’t win enough.
    Well I know that…but I’d be really curious what the answer would be from a Rebounders Club member

Because Bob ball is boring and they don’t win
    enough.
    Don’t we ask the same question about football?

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Don’t we ask the same question about football?
    That is a question that begs for an answer.

"If you win they will come" hasn't worked out yet. Befuddling.

YOU stated that CajunMike said there were opinions inside the department.
    I didn't say anything about them being opinions. I said they were standards set within the department. Get off your soapbox. If you're just trying to stir ____ up go back to your softball thread.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    That is a question that begs for an answer.

"If you win they will come" hasn't worked out yet. Befuddling.
    Didn't we set a SBC attendance record in December

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information