Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 2022 Quarterback Battle

Default Re: Why Louisiana football's spring practice quarterback battle is far from settled

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Guessing Leblanc is and oversight?
    Very limited in the spring due to post season elbow surgery.

Default Re: Why Louisiana football's spring practice quarterback battle is far from settled

I have no idea who will be QB, but I do know that he will need good pocket awareness and be able to scramble to make off script plays. LL greatest attribute was turning a sure sack into positive yardage. Our OL will not be as good this year and our QB will have to be able to get outside the pocket to keep the chains moving.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I have no idea who will be QB, but I do know that he will need good pocket awareness and be able to scramble to make off script plays. LL greatest attribute was turning a sure sack into positive yardage. Our OL will not be as good this year and our QB will have to be able to get outside the pocket to keep the chains moving.
    That’s an attribute many on here seemed to never account for and give Levi credit on. As good as our OL has been run-blocking over the years, he’s had to escape a ton of pass rushers who got penetration immediately off the snap.

Now, I’m not discounting a possibility that on some of those plays there were immediately outlet options that could have quickly gotten the ball had he read it pre-snap and made that split second decision. However, that’s just speculation.

If it’s Fields or Wooldridge taking over, then we better hope that option and quick read is there and executed. Those two won’t make so many escapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    That’s an attribute many on here seemed to never account for and give Levi credit on. As good as our OL has been run-blocking over the years, he’s had to escape a ton of pass rushers who got penetration immediately off the snap.

Now, I’m not discounting a possibility that on some of those plays there were immediately outlet options that could have quickly gotten the ball had he read it pre-snap and made that split second decision. However, that’s just speculation.

If it’s Fields or Wooldridge taking over, then we better hope that option and quick read is there and executed. Those two won’t make so many escapes.
    Fields runs a 4.6 40 Lewis a 4.52

Think they will be ok

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

Levi had this 6th sense about him. There were times I swore he had eyes behind his head. He had a great ability to sense the blind side rush coming and escaping.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Fields runs a 4.6 40 Lewis a 4.52

Think they will be ok
    Big difference between speed and elusiveness. Levi had both.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    well as long as fields doesn't do a 180 spin and try to run backwards in the pocket he should have enough speed to make something out of a broken play.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Bingo.

But you already know how some of the responses will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    well as long as fields doesn't do a 180 spin and try to run backwards in the pocket he should have enough speed to make something out of a broken play.
    We’ll see

Right hand vs left hand passer?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information