Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Quarterback Battle

Default Re: Why Louisiana football's spring practice quarterback battle is far from settled

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    How have the RBs and WRs looked in practice?
    This is the guy who has been looking very good this spring. A few kids on the team have told me he was right there neck and neck with bailey and smith last year.

https://ragincajuns.com/sports/footb...phey--jr-/8340

I heard Leger say the other day that the Williams kid from many is every bit as good as the big back they had last year. He refused to say his name.

Default Re: Why Louisiana football's spring practice quarterback battle is far from settled

Anyone know what time practice/scrimmage is on Saturday? Recruit coming in from North Louisiana is asking. Trying to plan their day.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    I heard defense looked much better than offense on Saturday. Which is to be expected at this point. That particular clip looked as if a receiver wasn’t where he should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Anyone know what time practice/scrimmage is on Saturday? Recruit coming in from North Louisiana is asking. Trying to plan their day.
    From what I hear this guy coming in is the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    From what I hear this guy coming in is the real deal.
    Ok, I'll ask...what is his name? What High School? Position?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I heard defense looked much better than offense on Saturday. Which is to be expected at this point. That particular clip looked as if a receiver wasn’t where he should have been.
    That's usually the case defense is always ahead of offense in the off-season

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Ok, I'll ask...what is his name? What High School? Position?
    This is a personal friend of BeauCajun. I don't recall his name at the moment. Minden High School and he could be OL or DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    That's usually the case defense is always ahead of offense in the off-season
    As I said it is to be expected at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    How have the RBs and WRs looked in practice?
    WRs are all the same names you heard last year minus obviously Lacy and Williams. Fleming, Stephens, Bernard, Rogers, Jefferson, Carter, Bell……Probably the position with most experience returning and the least amount of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    This is a personal friend of BeauCajun. I don't recall his name at the moment. Minden High School and he could be OL or DL.
    He had to cancel his visit For Saturday. Got invited to Jr day by an SEC school.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    I am pulling for Chandler as he has the IT factor
    Chandler signed his LOI and started recruiting from the git-go. Dude was all in on the #cULture.

The summer of the Covid year, when the team broke up into small squads and practiced around town, Chandler was at Chargois Park by my house.

I realize it was only 7-on-7's, but dude was tight with his throws. DBs that were in a receiver's hip pocket didn't have a chance. There was no chance to get your head around on short and intermediate throws.

And while Chandler may not be LL running the ball, he's a helluva lot closer to a LL than he is to a Brooks Haack. (But while LL was faster than Chandler, I think Chandler will/would be a more decisive runner.

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    WRs are all the same names you heard last year minus obviously Lacy and Williams. Fleming, Stephens, Bernard, Rogers, Jefferson, Carter, Bell……Probably the position with most experience returning and the least amount of concern.
    Guessing Leblanc is and oversight?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Nah. Folks on here said he can’t catch a cold figured it wasn’t relevant for this conversation. Did he even contribute at all last year?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information