Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Podcast: Dr. Bryan Maggard (3-24-22)

1. Tickets Podcast: Dr. Bryan Maggard (3-24-22)

Louisiana Ragin' Cajun Director of Athletics Dr. Bryan Maggard joined Scott to discuss what went into his decision to keep coach Bob Marlin on the final year of his current contract, UL football, RCAF renewals, diamond sports, and more.

2. Default Re: Podcast: Dr. Bryan Maggard (3-24-22)

Basketball, unlike most sports is almost always won or lost in the last minute or so.

3. Default Re: Podcast: Dr. Bryan Maggard (3-24-22)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Basketball, unlike most sports is almost always won or lost in the last minute or so.
    That is categorically incorrect.

4. Default Re: Podcast: Dr. Bryan Maggard (3-24-22)

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    That is categorically incorrect.
    Let me put it like this...

In my life, I have seen more lead changes in the last minute of basketball than the last minute of all other sports combined.

Default Re: Podcast: Dr. Bryan Maggard (3-24-22)

Never mind found it.

Pretty much everything Dr. Maggard said about keeping Bob Marlin I disagreed with. He is fully aware that we have not been good, but yet he's keeping Marlin just because he's a good person and a "good coach". How is this acceptable to Dr. Maggard?! I do think Coach Marlin is a good person, and I respect him, but there is no way you can call him a good coach when you know our team has been mid the past 12 years! Mid, meh or average are better ways to describe Marlin's coaching ability IMO.

7. Default Re: Podcast: Dr. Bryan Maggard (3-24-22)

How is Maggard saying he has a .75 win % at Louisiana? Isn’t his win % around .56?

8. Default Re: Podcast: Dr. Bryan Maggard (3-24-22)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan.hess1986 View Post
    How is Maggard saying he has a .75 win % at Louisiana? Isn’t his win % around .56?
    He said he has data we arent privy to.

9. Default Re: Podcast: Dr. Bryan Maggard (3-24-22)

Hahahahaha brilliant reply!

Oh my Turbine from the top rope

Let me put it like this...

In my life, I have seen more lead changes in the last minute of basketball than the last minute of all other sports combined.
    The comment he was making about our losses and many of them came late in the game was one of the worst takes I've heard. It was worse than the false winning percentage claim. Yes, good successful teams find out a way to win those game or most of them, not use the "Well, we were close so we must be pretty good" excuse to reason why you would retain the coach for those failures. This interview disappointed me in so many ways.

12. Default Re: Podcast: Dr. Bryan Maggard (3-24-22)

Could not possibly agree more. This brings me down to very very little faith in Maggard leading our athletics. That comment was extremely disappointing to me as well. He says what a great coach Marlin has been, but then elaborates on the fact that we lost tons of games at crunch time because we can’t execute or shoot free throws. Well coaches teams don’t lose those games for those reasons lol.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The comment he was making about our losses and many of them came late in the game was one of the worst takes I've heard. It was worse than the false winning percentage claim. Yes, good successful teams find out a way to win those game or most of them, not use the "Well, we were close so we must be pretty good" excuse to reason why you would retain the coach for those failures. This interview disappointed me in so many ways.

ya'll cant handle the truth so he gave ya'll some B.S. Either way, lots of fans would be upset in what he decided. If I need to state my position, I feel coach marlin is an average coach that has coached for a long time.

My guess is at this point in time, there is more to lose than gain from letting coach go with one year left on his contract, so, one more year it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    ya'll cant handle the truth so he gave ya'll some B.S. Either way, lots of fans would be upset in what he decided. If I need to state my position, I feel coach marlin is an average coach that has coached for a long time.

My guess is at this point in time, there is more to lose than gain from letting coach go with one year left on his contract, so, one more year it is.
    Or it can get possible worse

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post

What is the truth we can’t handle?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information