Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Podcast: Dr. Bryan Maggard (3-24-22)

Default Re: Podcast: Dr. Bryan Maggard (3-24-22)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Or it can get possible worse
    spend any time listening to the complaints and checked out people with the basketball program, and I have to seriously ask, how much worst can it get? we seem to be in bottom of the barrel situation now, another year wont kill whats already weakened. any excitment/gains from a coaching change can still happen next year, the gamble is with a decent to successful final year, there maybe better momentum and energy next off season.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    What is the truth we can’t handle?
    check my most recent post, add in the team roster and a good inbound recruit. its not a bad gamble considering where we are.

Well that interview was gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    spend any time listening to the complaints and checked out people with the basketball program, and I have to seriously ask, how much worst can it get? we seem to be in bottom of the barrel situation now, another year wont kill whats already weakened. any excitment/gains from a coaching change can still happen next year, the gamble is with a decent to successful final year, there maybe better momentum and energy next off season.
    I think it's possible it works out that way. But what if Brown decides to leave before the season for the G-League? He has played 3 seasons of college basketball and may decide he would rather play in the NBA developmental league. It that actually plays out, then we have a worst case scenario taking place anyway. But a new coach could begin the process of rebuilding the program this season instead of kicking the can down the road for another year.

Now I haven't heard that Brown is actually leaving the program, but my understanding is there is some discussion of that possibility with outside people interested in bringing him into the league.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think it's possible it works out that way. But what if Brown decides to leave before the season for the G-League? He has played 3 seasons of college basketball and may decide he would rather play in the NBA developmental league. It that actually plays out, then we have a worst case scenario taking place anyway. But a new coach could begin the process of rebuilding the program this season instead of kicking the can down the road for another year.

Now I haven't heard that Brown is actually leaving the program, but my understanding is there is some discussion of that possibility with outside people interested in bringing him into the league.
    Sheesh, would that be something.

One of the defenses I heard for keeping Marlin another year from people was the threat of players transferring if he wasn't retained, the main one being Jordan Brown. How ironic would it be if he still left?

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    check my most recent post, add in the team roster and a good inbound recruit. its not a bad gamble considering where we are.
    “The gamble” is in telling easily disproven lies and losing the trust of your fanbase.

7. Default Re: Podcast: Dr. Bryan Maggard (3-24-22)

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    “The gamble” is in telling easily disproven lies and losing the trust of your fanbase.
    There is no fan base left, so no trust to lose . . .

Honestly I’m more disappointed in the incorrect math and the media not asking any questions. Kevin Foote ran an article about the Wednesday interview and failed to mention the 75 percent stat. Not even a mention from Buckley in the Daily Disappointment.

What a BS interview by Maggard, could not finish listening to the garbage he was saying.

10. Default Re: Podcast: Dr. Bryan Maggard (3-24-22)

Blah blah blah blah blah. No new coach, no new stadium improvements.

He has thick skin. Y’all let him have it

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Josh will slam him for sure. Are you and JEAUX making a trip out to the softball diamond this weekend?

Numbers don’t Lie!!!

Jessie Evans > Bob Marlin

Attached Images Attached Images    

14. Default Re: Podcast: Dr. Bryan Maggard (3-24-22)

Also Scott didn’t even say anything on the show. Surely he dug into Marlins record and win % before the show since he knew they would discuss it? And where are they now in terms of bringing this to light and forcing Maggard to issue a statement on why he said that….. or why he didn’t know the actual win %. The whole thing is a disgrace to our entire athletics department.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Honestly I’m more disappointed in the incorrect math and the media not asking any questions. Kevin Foote ran an article about the Wednesday interview and failed to mention the 75 percent stat. Not even a mention from Buckley in the Daily Disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I hope fans actually reach out to him to where he has to address it. JMO

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information