Thread: Round Rock (Turning Point?)

UL Baseball Round Rock (Turning Point?)

This is just a random thought/question I have for those more in the know than me. Through our first 5 games, the Cajuns committed 2 errors. One in the UCI series and one midweek against SLU. The Cajuns committed no errors against Stanford and only walked 1.

We all know what happened the next day. Deggs benches half the team to send a message. Leaves Talley out to dry and we make 4 errors. We have not been the same since that day. We went from getting beat by a superior opponent to beating ourselves and we have not stopped to date. It was said many times that last year’s team was not 100% bought in, but this year’s is. Last year’s team came apart mentally during the Mississippi road swing. Was Round Rock that all over again for this team? Was Round Rock a turning point mentally for this club? Is everyone still on the same page?

Default Re: Round Rock (Turning Point?)

If everyone was on the same page we would be winning more games. NVM…wrong. Its not about the results. I forgot. My bad.

The team looks beat in the 1st inning. Never had a lead at Nichols. Come on. Weak.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    If everyone was on the same page we would be winning more games. NVM…wrong. Its not about the results. I forgot. My bad.
    Is there some kinda “rebuilding” form we can sign and just take down the scoreboard and stop worrying about who wins and all that? Just let the kids have fun with their friends. At least until the RP posters say it’s ok to have expectations again.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Is there some kinda “rebuilding” form we can sign and just take down the scoreboard and stop worrying about who wins and all that? Just let the kids have fun with their friends. At least until the RP posters say it’s ok to have expectations again.
    After the clown show last 4 games I am over rebuilding. They need to start playing baseball starting Friday.

6. Default Re: Round Rock (Turning Point?)

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    This is just a random thought/question I have for those more in the know than me. Through our first 5 games, the Cajuns committed 2 errors. One in the UCI series and one midweek against SLU. The Cajuns committed no errors against Stanford and only walked 1.

We all know what happened the next day. Deggs benches half the team to send a message. Leaves Talley out to dry and we make 4 errors. We have not been the same since that day. We went from getting beat by a superior opponent to beating ourselves and we have not stopped to date. It was said many times that last year’s team was not 100% bought in, but this year’s is. Last year’s team came apart mentally during the Mississippi road swing. Was Round Rock that all over again for this team? Was Round Rock a turning point mentally for this club? Is everyone still on the same page?
    Actually, it was the Sunday Ark St game last year where Deggs did the same thing he did against Indiana. Season went down hill after both “messages” were sent.

7. Default Re: Round Rock (Turning Point?)

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Actually, it was the Sunday Ark St game last year where Deggs did the same thing he did against Indiana. Season went down hill after both “messages” were sent.
    He sure can spot a season on the brink.

Yeah it sure feels like there was a shift during and after Round Rock. We also lost Marusek then. I wonder if his presence in the lineup adds something to the team too. Regardless of the "why", the baseball being played by this team is not good.

Marusek will make a difference. Im sure its gonna take a week or so to knock the rust off and get him back in the swing of things. What is the word on Rincones being he was a late scratch yesterday? He seemed like he was beginning to figure things out at the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Yeah it sure feels like there was a shift during and after Round Rock. We also lost Marusek then. I wonder if his presence in the lineup adds something to the team too. Regardless of the "why", the baseball being played by this team is not good.
    I hope Tally can get us off to a good start Friday night and set a good tempo. Judging by south alabama’s team era of 3.17, runs will probably be hard to come by. We can not get picked off first base and can not waste scoring opportunities. Overcoming 5 or 6 losses after two weekends would not be easy to do. Winning 2 this weekend would be huge, but we have to play error free and everyone will need to show up to play. Not sure where this team is mentally but it would be great to figure some things out this weekend

11. Default Re: Round Rock (Turning Point?)

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    I hope Tally can get us off to a good start Friday night and set a good tempo. Judging by south alabama’s team era of 3.17, runs will probably be hard to come by. We can not get picked off first base and can not waste scoring opportunities. Overcoming 5 or 6 losses after two weekends would not be easy to do. Winning 2 this weekend would be huge, but we have to play error free and everyone will need to show up to play. Not sure where this team is mentally but it would be great to figure some things out this weekend
    This is not asking much . . .

Thread Information