Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 . LastLast

Thread: Marlin Set To Return ( Retaining Players Paramount )

Default Re: Basketball Coaching Change

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    A few thoughts:

First of all, making a bowl game is not a high bar anymore. Finishing at .500 is all you need.

Second, I’m pretty sure that over the last 12 years we have the second best conference win % of any other SBC school. I don’t know how to define “compete for a conference championship,” but what can say that if we don’t do that, neither does any other school besides maybe Ga State.

And making a regional in baseball is much, much easier with our conference and our location. In basketball every school in the conference and in the area sucks azz. In baseball, we have dozens of top 100 schools nearby that play us regularly. It makes a huge difference.
    What second most league wins since 2014 actually looks like: TX State being 17 wins behind the Cajuns from 2013/2014 - 2015/2016. TX State finishing ahead of the Cajuns in wins for 5 of the last 6 seasons including the last 4 straight.

This is just a repost, but I think it’s important to note when discussing the “2nd highest wins or winning %” narrative. We are trending downwards. 4 straight years we’ve been off that pace.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    What second most league wins since 2014 actually looks like: TX State being 17 wins behind the Cajuns from 2013/2014 - 2015/2016. TX State finishing ahead of the Cajuns in wins for 5 of the last 6 seasons including the last 4 straight.

This is just a repost, but I think it’s important to note when discussing the “2nd highest wins or winning %” narrative. We are trending downwards. 4 straight years we’ve been off that pace.
    Terrence Johnson makes half of what Marlin makes.HALF

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Foote got it wrong it's 150k after April 1
    Not sure what Foote said, but it's $200,000 if it occurs after March 31, 2022.

4. Default Re: Basketball Coaching Change

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Since so much emphasis is placed on who is Head Coach as it relates to ticket sales and possibly even donations, can it be assumed that if a program held on to a coach after knowing they were guilty of NCAA violations, could all the ticket sales and donations that continued up until the time of termination be considered acquired via fraud?
    No!!!!
    Define knowledge.

5. Default Re: Basketball Coaching Change

Marlin has finished 2nd exactly how many times? He’s made the finals twice. Once as a 3rd place team. I’d rather look at the number of times he finished in the money. That’s 3 times in a dozen years.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    A few thoughts:

First of all, making a bowl game is not a high bar anymore. Finishing at .500 is all you need.

Second, I’m pretty sure that over the last 12 years we have the second best conference win % of any other SBC school. I don’t know how to define “compete for a conference championship,” but what can say that if we don’t do that, neither does any other school besides maybe Ga State.

And making a regional in baseball is much, much easier with our conference and our location. In basketball every school in the conference and in the area sucks azz. In baseball, we have dozens of top 100 schools nearby that play us regularly. It makes a huge difference.
    So do we just throw our hands up and accept the fact that our basketball program will always be average? With that mindset, football would still be going 6-6 every year like it was a decade ago.

Football, baseball, and softball all have success hereBecause of the standards that were created. This “Woah is me” attitude that we have with men’s basketball has been more of a hindrance than the actual results on the court. There is no reason why within a 6 to 7 hour radius from Houston to San Antonio to Dallas to Little Rock to Memphis to Mobile and back why we can’t get 10 to 12 guys good enough to field a tournament team. There’s a lot of talent from that radius good enough to do that. Just look at Houston. They were a final four team just last season.

The culture of “can’t” is plaguing this program.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    So do we just throw our hands up and accept the fact that our basketball program will always be average? With that mindset, football would still be going 6-6 every year like it was a decade ago.

Football, baseball, and softball all have success hereBecause of the standards that were created. This “Woah is me” attitude that we have with men’s basketball has been more of a hindrance than the actual results on the court. There is no reason why within a 6 to 7 hour radius from Houston to San Antonio to Dallas to Little Rock to Memphis to Mobile and back why we can’t get 10 to 12 guys good enough to field a tournament team. There’s a lot of talent from that radius good enough to do that. Just look at Houston. They were a final four team just last season.

The culture of “can’t” is plaguing this program.
    Agree.

Good point.

As far as I'm concerned, UL can't afford to keep Marlin another day after April 1. They will probably double season ticket sales on the announcement alone, and let Dr. Maggard hire a young, energetic coach that'll whip the fan base into a frenzyKABOOM!! Instant interest

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Check your facility fees and seating donations, and RCAF money. The University Foundation must be reimbursed. We can not operate at a deficit. The audit shows we were $800K in the red, it must be filled by additional funds from another source. The funds are available from RCAF to pay the $150K buyout.
    I know where maggard can cut 600k

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, UL can't afford to keep Marlin another day after April 1. They will probably double season ticket sales on the announcement alone, and let Dr. Maggard hire a young, energetic coach that'll whip the fan base into a frenzyKABOOM!! Instant interest
    Stop making sense

12. Default Re: Basketball Coaching Change

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Stop making sense
    No sense allowed zone

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Let's say 1000 more people buy season tickets at $150/ticket$150,000. There's your buyout. And that's not including new membership to the Rebounder's Club.

Ehhhhh who am I kidding? We can't do that over here.

Well, the SBC started out the MBB postseason with a whimper. Texas State falls to UNT in OT (NIT) and App loses to South Carolina Up State in The Basketball Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well, the SBC started out the MBB postseason with a whimper. Texas State falls to UNT in OT (NIT) and App loses to South Carolina Up State in The Basketball Classic.
    Lmao this leauge is a joke and Marlin can't even sniff the post season from it

Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 . LastLast

Thread Information