Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlin Set To Return ( Retaining Players Paramount )

Default Re: Basketball Coaching Change

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I thought the buyout went to $0 after April 1? No?
    I thought exactly the same. Can anyone address the question in regards to Marlin’s contractual buyout? It was my understanding that Marlin’s last extension was mainly to help him save face with recruits and that it was executed with a minimal or zero buyout clause.

CajunMike or CajunT, can either one of you expound on Marlin’s buyout?

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    Explain
    We have just gotten started with the all out Louisiana brand. Couple that with our recent success over the last 10 years and you have a recipe for additional fans. If Dez can keep this train on the tracks and we experience more weeks in the Top 25, the sky is the limit! We are not even close to maxed out as a football fan base.

3. Default Re: Basketball Coaching Change

Quote Originally Posted by BraveCajun View Post
    I thought exactly the same. Can anyone address the question in regards to Marlin’s contractual buyout? It was my understanding that Marlin’s last extension was mainly to help him save face with recruits and that it was executed with a minimal or zero buyout clause.

Pretty sure it drops to $150k after April 1

Quote Originally Posted by BraveCajun View Post

CajunT has researched this more than I. However, my understanding is that the report it goes to 0 after April 1 is incorrect. That may be the case for April 1 of 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    CajunT has researched this more than I. However, my understanding is that the report it goes to 0 after April 1 is incorrect. That may be the case for April 1 of 2023.
    April 1st will we sweet for UL.

6. Default Re: Basketball Coaching Change

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    April 1st will we sweet for UL.
    Unless we are April fooled again . . .

Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Matt is correct, it's $150K after April 1st. From what I've heard, there is a reluctance to use RCAF money to buy him out. Now that didn't come from Dr. Maggard, he has not stated anything to anyone at this point.

Saw that Frank Martin was fired at South Carolina. When reading the article I literally kept getting confused and that they were typing Marlin. So similar. 1 tournament appearance in 10 years, nearly equal winning percentage and placings in overall league standings. At least someone had the nerve to make a decision and act on it.

10. Default Re: Basketball Coaching Change

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Saw that Frank Martin was fired at South Carolina. When reading the article I literally kept getting confused and that they were typing Marlin. So similar. 1 tournament appearance in 10 years, nearly equal winning percentage and placings in overall league standings. At least someone had the nerve to make a decision and act on it.
    South Carolina went to the final four 4 years ago..

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    South Carolina went to the final four 4 years ago..
    I know but it was their only tournament appearance in 10 years. It just happened to be a good one. And despite that, they are still willing to say they need to do better.

12. Default Re: Basketball Coaching Change

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Matt is correct, it's $150K after April 1st. From what I've heard, there is a reluctance to use RCAF money to buy him out. Now that didn't come from Dr. Maggard, he has not stated anything to anyone at this point.
    At $2m there was much room to replace football with a cheaper coach and still be in the upper level of coaches in our conference and league. At $500,000, that won’t be the case for basketball. So, there is probably little chance to save money and get a replacement for Marlin that all you guys will be satisfied with. Paying another $150,000 makes it even more difficult. Learn to be happy with Marlin for another year or just be miserable. You do have a choice . . .

13. Default Re: Basketball Coaching Change

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    At $2m there was much room to replace football with a cheaper coach and still be in the upper level of coaches in our conference and league. At $500,000, that won’t be the case for basketball. So, there is probably little chance to save money and get a replacement for Marlin that all you guys will be satisfied with. Paying another $150,000 makes it even more difficult. Learn to be happy with Marlin for another year or just be miserable. You do have a choice . . .
    I don't think anyone gets miserable over things like this.

They find other interests.

14. Default Re: Basketball Coaching Change

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I don't think anyone gets miserable over things like this.

They find other interests.
    There is no “thinking” about it. All those who post here are miserable about it. All . . .

15. Default Re: Basketball Coaching Change

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    There is no “thinking” about it. All those who post here are miserable about it. All . . .
    Discussing procrastination does not equate to miserable.

Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information