Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: Marlin Set To Return ( Retaining Players Paramount )

1. Default Re: Marlin Set To Return ( Retaining Players Paramount )

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    “definitely” is definitely a pretty strong word . . .
    Well the word he actually used would make JamesTheJeweler blush.

Look it up.

Default Re: Basketball Coaching Change

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    In this regard, I have a question for Mr. Walker, although I seriously doubt he will answer it. I remember one of his favorite sayings back in the day was. "You can't expect a guy to get recruits when he only has one year left on his contract." I wonder how that fits into his new narrative of keeping Marlin around for another year with no deal?
    I think the portal has changed that situation. If someone comes in and it does not work out he can move on if the coach is fired or moves on. I can tell you the current situation is not stopping their recruiting efforts. They are looking at all options to improve the guard siutation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I think the portal has changed that situation. If someone comes in and it does not work out he can move on if the coach is fired or moves on. I can tell you the current situation is not stopping their recruiting efforts. They are looking at all options to improve the guard siutation.
    I would hope the staff hasn’t stopped recruiting, Mike. They can recruit their a double s’s off, but will any player worth anything sign with a known exiting coach?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I would hope the staff hasn’t stopped recruiting, Mike. They can recruit their a double s’s off, but will any player worth anything sign with a known exiting coach?
    Maybe a player with 1 year left that wants to start? That means he wasn't good enough to start where he's at now. Not very promising is it.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Maybe a player with 1 year left that wants to start? That means he wasn't good enough to start where he's at now. Not very promising is it.
    “The pelicans made the playoffs with the worst record of a playoff team this century. They were ninth in their conference (I have never ranked that low in sunbelt) And their coach is paid four or five times what I am paid, just sayin’”- Sincerely Bob Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    “The pelicans made the playoffs with the worst record of a playoff team this century. They were ninth in their conference (I have never ranked that low in sunbelt) And their coach is paid four or five times what I am paid, just sayin’”- Sincerely Bob Marlin
    So what if they average 92% capacity and I'm at 9.2%

Default Re: Marlin Set To Return ( Retaining Players Paramount )

Interesting, never thought about it that way. But could be other factors, who goes to see a coach? Maybe dance team, door prizes. visiting fans making the trip, who knows?

Also maybe stadium is too small, or numbers are wrong, since four teams are listed as being over 100pct. And actual attendance number leaves Pelicans at 12th in their conference.

What will happen with whether or not coaches have to wear “business” suits at the games again? Post covid… and if they dont, were there any clothing allowance monies or cost of living consideration that factored into salary that should be adjusted downward or zeroed out?

Maybe the owner of businesses in town buy the extra tickets and give them to school kids the way former pizza hut owner larry lundy used to do to help saints avoid TV blackouts.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Interesting, never thought about it that way. But could be other factors, who goes to see a coach? Maybe dance team, door prizes. visiting fans making the trip, who knows?

Also maybe stadium is too small, or numbers are wrong, since four teams are listed as being over 100pct. And actual attendance number leaves Pelicans at 12th in their conference.
    Pelicans have one of the smallest arenas in the NBA

How does cajun attendance rank for BB in sunbelt?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    How does cajun attendance rank for BB in sunbelt?
    5th now

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I’m sure he did but just to with it…
    Or was it Perianal?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    5th now
    So more than twice as good as pelicans being 12th in their conference?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    5th now
    We were second this year to Troy according to SBC stats

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread Information