Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlin Set To Return ( Retaining Players Paramount )

Default Re: Marlin Set To Return (merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ……..maybe Doc Mag was referring to Marlin’s lifetime record!
    No he specifically said the record at Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Is that total or D1 games?
    Here at Louisiana but it doesn't matter because he's nowhere close to that mark any way you shake it. He wasn't even close to that at Sam Houston

3. Default Re: Marlin Set To Return (merged)

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Here at Louisiana but it doesn't matter because he's nowhere close to that mark any way you shake it. He wasn't even close to that at Sam Houston
    He finished the end of the year conference tournament at 75% . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Obviously Dr. Maggard misspoke when he made the 75 percent comment. I think he meant a home winning percentage of 75 percent. Not sure if that is correct but that is my best guess
    Well, its clear he misspoke although he did mention that stat several times and did not correct it either time.

Default Re: Marlin Set To Return

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    You snagging some season tickets next year?
    I no longer buy season tickets has nothing to do with wins and loses. I was a season ticket holder for many years. They could be undefeated every year and go to the sweet 16 and i still wouldn't purchase them. I am a C level parking pass RCAF member since its inception. For all the years I was a season ticket holder I parked on the cajun dome side of CD blvd. When they moved the C lot to the cajun field side of CD blvd they spoke loud and clear to me that they no longer wanted my business. I guess my business was not important to them.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Any coach that would of kicked Will Wades @$$ had they not stepped in front of him on that night in the p Mac gets a pass with me. Let him finish out his contract. I personally think he’s gonna have the best team and record in conference next year and will then retire on top. Let’s Geaux Bob. Good Luck.
    He was supposed to have the best team and record this year. Ga State and UL were picked 1 and 2 for good reason. LOL. We couldn't finish in the top 4 of our conference with a McDonalds All American and another 4 star player on our team. I'm glad you feel he should coach out his bloated contract, we need some season ticket holders to help pay for it.

The ONLY place Marlin was over 75% was in Pensacola. The percentages for Pensacola, Sam, and UL are listed in the file below. Does not break down D1/non D1. Second link has a few more games, do not know why.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ma...98%20to%202010.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...-marlin-1.html

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I no longer buy season tickets has nothing to do with wins and loses. I was a season ticket holder for many years. They could be undefeated every year and go to the sweet 16 and i still wouldn't purchase them. I am a C level parking pass RCAF member since its inception. For all the years I was a season ticket holder I parked on the cajun dome side of CD blvd. When they moved the C lot to the cajun field side of CD blvd they spoke loud and clear to me that they no longer wanted my business. I guess my business was not important to them.
    They moved it back a few years ago. I was less than pleased myself. The ebb and flow of season tickets.

Maggard is at a "jump the shark" moment...not quite there yet, but the infrastructure false start is the absolute duck up. All the discussion down the stretch during televised games makes Cajun Nation look bad. Did not have even plans in hand. Makes all the other excuses mute.

Anyone ever thought Napier recommended CMD for two reasons...one, Napier wasn't taking him to Florida, and two, the locals would be fine with the hire? Did Maggard know most of the gutting was coming? That's the next biggest issue, replace staff and RCAF.

Marlin is #3 on the list I'd guess. 75%, have no clue where that comes from.

Now if he is being stifled by Martin Hall, that's another whole issue.

8. Default Re: Marlin Set To Return (merged)

The issue I have with it is the fact he kept mentioning it over and over, and every time said the “the win percentage of 75 at Louisiana” is a major reason in his decision.

Marlin is nowhere close to that any way you cut it, so I’m curious how Maggard could have even misspoke that badly. He’s under 60% any way you cut it. 75 was soooo left field, that it tells me Maggard has no idea what he’s even analyzing.

Well, its clear he misspoke although he did mention that stat several times and did not correct it either time.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan.hess1986 View Post
    The issue I have with it is the fact he kept mentioning it over and over, and every time said the “the win percentage of 75 at Louisiana” is a major reason in his decision.

Marlin is nowhere close to that any way you cut it, so I’m curious how Maggard could have even misspoke that badly. He’s under 60% any way you cut it. 75 was soooo left field, that it tells me Maggard has no idea what he’s even analyzing.
    Yeah, you don't fire coaches with a 75% winning percentage and coaches that win that much are bound to have some postseason success which would make firing him a moot point anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    You’d have to strap me to a chair Clockwork Orange style and pry my ears open to get me to listen to that interview. We gave up on basketball. Plain and simple.
    I may have to make a liar out of myself. This interview just sounds so absurd.

He was supposed to have the best team and record this year. Ga State and UL were picked 1 and 2 for good reason. LOL. We couldn't finish in the top 4 of our conference with a McDonalds All American and another 4 star player on our team. I'm glad you feel he should coach out his bloated contract, we need some season ticket holders to help pay for it.
    Been out of country for a week (cannot access RP out of country...)and come back to this.

A complete "USL decision."

Wake me up after the 2024 so I can start paying attention again to UL Basketball....

12. Default Re: Marlin Set To Return (merged)

Completely agree, brother! Very well said.

Yeah, you don't fire coaches with a 75% winning percentage and coaches that win that much are bound to have some postseason success which would make firing him a moot point anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    He finished the end of the year conference tournament at 75% . . .
    Don't think most people care what his winning percentage is. If your not making the NCAA tourney, nothing else matters.

Ill take 65% with 5 NCAA appearances in 12 years than 75% with 1 appearance in 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Don't think most people care what his winning percentage is. If your not making the NCAA tourney, nothing else matters.

Ill take 65% with 5 NCAA appearances in 12 years than 75% with 1 appearance in 12 years.
    Sorry, all we can offer is a .567 winning percentage and 1 NCAA appearance

15. Default Re: Marlin Set To Return

Dr. M already knows about the position of the people who post the same complaints here over and over again and apparently that did not sway his decision.

It’s pretty funny that it is pretty much the same posters who complain about everything Cajun. He probably does not hear them on those other things either . . .

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information