Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst . 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 . LastLast

Thread: Marlin Set To Return ( Retaining Players Paramount )

Default Re: Marlin Set To Return ( .545 record D1 )

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I have no idea what criteria is for a new contract next spring. My guess is a championship in either the regular season or tournament will result in a new deal. 2nd in both may result in a new but not as lucrative deal but I would not bet on it. Anything less is something I will not speculate on. Now coaches and players don’t think like fans. They really believe they can parlay the strong finish into consistent winning play next season.
    Any player worth having should really believe. But their players also really really believe as well. So that belief cancels itself out. Then it becomes the sum of the best talent plus the best coaching. IF the axiom your refer to is to pay off, or has any substance to it all, then UL should get off to a lightning fast start & continue that momentum throughout the season. If not, then there should be no reason to even "wait to see how things play out the rest of the way." To do anything else would be irresponsible to the program as an AD. But that's just my opinion.

I've been criticized beyond measure for my personal fandom, or lack thereof. However, It's kind of funny that while I have this ability to irritate the hell out of folks, the majority of the crowd always seems to be heading the same way I'm heading. IOW, they won't bother to explain that if a product sucks, no one wants to follow it. And UL has had plenty of suckage in its various programs throughout the years. And this men's basketball program has had a huge amount of suckage throughout the whole Marlin regime. Personally, I think Maggard made an incredibly huge error in not ____ canning Marlin the first chance he had. I realize its not gonna ever get any better with this guy. But its Maggard's program to run & he has the Conn. Just don't complain & blame the community, or bandwagon fans for lack of support if you continue to dwell in an alternate reality that believes court, or field performance isn't every bit as important as class performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I was under the impression that the current contract still has the auto extension with either championship and that was the reason to keep things open ended.
    There is no auto extension to his current contract based upon Championships, or NCAA appearances. I was under the same assumption, but Dr. Maggard has clarified that question in recent weeks to several large donors.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Just don't complain & blame the community, or bandwagon fans for lack of support if you continue to dwell in an alternate reality that believes court, or field performance isn't every bit as important as class performance.
    The blame usually goes to the fact that basketball is not what it used to be, and it is just a sign of the times. I don't agree with that. The apathy, lack of results, and lack of an entertaining product is what's keeping people away right now. You can't tell me that not being able to get over 500-1000 people is due to a "sign of the times." Even during the 2018 run, we were getting over 5000 actual fans.

Good Product = More Customers

4. Default Re: Marlin Set To Return ( .545 record D1 )

Maggard promised to bestow a 75% winning percentage on Marlin If he dropped the automatic rollover.

So I've heard David Patrick has been asking about the job is the admin scared to hire a minority head coach here . It sure seems to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    So I've heard David Patrick has been asking about the job is the admin scared to hire a minority head coach here . It sure seems to be the case.
    Is that the guy that was a top ACC associate head coach?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Is that the guy that was a top ACC associate head coach?
    No. Arkansas and Oklahoma. Played here in late 90's

Also, was an assistant at St Mary’s and is a current assistant for the Australian National basketball team.

Got to have an opening to hire ANYBODY. Maybe Patrick is laying the foundation.

I expect when the day comes, the opening will receive many resumes’.

We’ve officially reached a new low as a fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Got to have an opening to hire ANYBODY. Maybe Patrick is laying the foundation.

I expect when the day comes, the opening will receive many resumes’.
    Somebody said no good candidates is why Marlin was a still here. not the case

Is T Joe not a basketball guy? This is a legit serious question.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Is T Joe not a basketball guy? This is a legit serious question.
    Not a huge sports fan.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Not a huge sports fan.
    He’s usually always at softball but this year there are some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    He’s usually always at softball but this year there are some issues.
    His wife is a huge fan. She was all over Gerry during a regional a few years back when he was with A&M.

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst . 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 . LastLast

Thread Information