Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst . 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 . LastLast

Thread: Marlin Set To Return ( Retaining Players Paramount )

Default Re: Marlin Set To Return (merged)

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    So take away 3-4 gimmes against D2 and NAIA schools x 12 seasons…

Nowhere close to this
    Marlin is 22-1 in non-D1 games here. That would mean his D1 record while at UL is 199-166 (.545 D1 winning percentage).

even worse than we thought. Anyone thinks he should get another year is brain dead and were probably dropped on their head as a child or eats paint chips.

UL basketball is a poor to average team in a very poor basketball conference.

Default Re: Marlin Set To Return

TOTALLY Disgusted at this decision.
    TOTALLY

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Marlin is 22-1 in non-D1 games here. That would mean his D1 record while at UL is 199-166 (.545 D1 winning percentage).
    What is the SOS for the past 12 years

I sure hope La Tech doesn't try to prove their superiority to us and steal Marlin that would be devastating

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    What is the SOS for the past 12 years
    Beyond POO POO. I can't remember one non-conference home game I was excited about in the last 8 years. Maybe Pepperdine

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Beyond POO POO. I can't remember one non-conference home game I was excited about in the last 8 years. Maybe Pepperdine
    Dude! You weren’t pumped about Jackson State?!

8. Default Re: Marlin Set To Return (.545 D1 record)

It will be interesting to see if next season is the easiest or hardest schedule Marlin has ever put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Come on man you were not hyped for university of the Virgin Island

Dang you beat me by 7 minutes. It was definitely UVI for me

Default Re: Marlin Set To Return ( .545 D1 record )

I gave up on Marlin 8 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    He was supposed to have the best team and record this year. Ga State and UL were picked 1 and 2 for good reason. LOL. We couldn't finish in the top 4 of our conference with a McDonalds All American and another 4 star player on our team. I'm glad you feel he should coach out his bloated contract, we need some season ticket holders to help pay for it.
    What 2 teams played in the game to go to the NCAA tournament in our league the only game that really matters, I forget. Can you help me out?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    The ONLY place Marlin was over 75% was in Pensacola. The percentages for Pensacola, Sam, and UL are listed in the file below. Does not break down D1/non D1. Second link has a few more games, do not know why.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ma.98%20to%202010.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb.-marlin-1.html

They moved it back a few years ago. I was less than pleased myself. The ebb and flow of season tickets.

Maggard is at a "jump the shark" moment.not quite there yet, but the infrastructure false start is the absolute duck up. All the discussion down the stretch during televised games makes Cajun Nation look bad. Did not have even plans in hand. Makes all the other excuses mute.

Anyone ever thought Napier recommended CMD for two reasons.one, Napier wasn't taking him to Florida, and two, the locals would be fine with the hire? Did Maggard know most of the gutting was coming? That's the next biggest issue, replace staff and RCAF.

Marlin is #3 on the list I'd guess. 75%, have no clue where that comes from.

Now if he is being stifled by Martin Hall, that's another whole issue.
    Did not know about the move back. I will look into getting tickets for next year. Thanks for the info.

Default Re: Marlin Set To Return ( .545 D1 record )

Final NET/RPI rankings:

2022- 187
    2021- 186
    2020- 230
    2019- 194
    2018- 65
    2017- 114
    2016- 145
    2015- 123
    2014- 89
    2013- 225
    2012- 195

Nothing worth keeping in my opinion.

Man, was working at UVI when that game came together and missed the game here. It was a Hatfield coaching tree game favor. UVI was playing in NOLA and needed a D1 exhibition. Went to a game or two down there, they were struggling to get bodies after the two big hurricanes in 2017.

So on a personal note, yeah I was hyped for UVI solely because I knew the struggle UVI went thru just to have a team. Any game they played that year was short of a miracle.

Coach Dolar with UVI I got to know, and is a good man. Cajuns side of this game, meh, another exhibition.

On a humorous note, they’d flash a hand sign for “Virgin Islands” down there which had a totally different meaning in the US. First time I saw it, I was “shocked” to see a crowd do it, so to speak.

Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst . 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 . LastLast

Thread Information